Banana Boat Pre-Sunless skin smoother exfoliating scrub

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/28/2005 7:31:00 AM

This is not nearly scrubby enough to suit me. It's got a nice scent,and is decently priced,but I won't repurchase when it's gone. I much prefer Asquith & Somerset scrubs,or B&B&W True Blue Spa scrubs-they are very 'scrubby' and are body-wash based,so it's two jobs in one.

on 3/26/2004 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product has a gel-like consistency. It doesn't lather, but isn't greasy either. Neither moisturizing nor drying that I can tell...it's just a kinda neutral gel substance with a few beads in it. It reminds me VERY MUCH of the "extremely gentle" version of St. Ives apricot scrub (the one that has 3 total beads in it to 'scrub' with). It is nowhere NEAR scrubby enough for me. I am all about extreme scrubby particle density (such as most sugar/salt scrubs), and this does not deliver. If gentle is what you're after, you may well like this. I can't vouch for how well it exfoliates before self-tanning, as I do not self-tan (but I DO exfoliate). I know I don't "feel" very exfoliated after using it. Has a pleasant tropical fruit + something else (coconut, maybe?)scent, reminiscent of suntan oil.
Not an entirely bad product, I'm sure, but for my purposes it's got way, way, way too few scrubby beads to do a thorough job.

on 7/8/2003 9:57:00 AM

This is a great basic body scrub, even if you don't self-tan after use! I have keratosis on my arms so like a good scrubby scrub that still doesn't scratch. This definitely fit the bill and was also gentle enough to use on more delicate areas like the belly and decolletage. Smell is not overpowering and the consistency is nice and smooth. I will definitely repurchase this product for the price, I paid 3.99 USD at Target. Rave from me!

on 4/6/2003 8:59:00 PM

I loved this! I'm on the self-tanning kick right now (not too much sun please:) so I thought I'd give this a whirl. It smells great, does an excellent job of exfoliating, and I would use this from now on as an excellent skin cleanser in the shower regardless of putting on a self-tanner after the fact. A thumbs up!