Mary Kay Signature cream lipstick in pink shimmer

4.3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Nice dark pink shade. Looks very nice with clear or pink gloss layered over it. It goes with a lot of looks I like to do, especially since I prefer my eyes to be the focus of my makeup as opposed to my lips. Good for everyday wear.

The smell of the lipstick is a little weird, but it doesn't bother me and I only notice it when I'm putting it on. Also, the tube I got, the swivel isn't very smooth, so it catches sometimes when I am opening the lipstick, but I think it might just be my tube specifically.

on 9/19/2008 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

A good neatral pink shade, looks good as is or layered with a shimmery candy pink lip gloss for a slightly more pink effect.

on 9/30/2007 2:13:00 PM

This is my summer lipstick...I'm NW20 and when I have a little color on my face, this lipstick makes me sparkle. I like the creaminess of it and it lasts better than many "regular" lipsticks (i.e. not the semi-permanent kind). I don't like the smell, necessarily, but it isn't enough to put me off completely.

on 9/21/2007 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I've had a hard time getting this frost to work, like the other MK frost lipstick I purchased, Mocha Freeze. Both looked like frosty medium toned neutrals to me, but they tend to run cooler and ashy, not warm, and have a greyish/ashy cast to them. This one saves itself a little by having more pinky peach to it than the harsher cooler bronze, that Mocha Freeze has. I can pull this one off with a fleshier pink or peachy pink or neutral lipliner. I think that the reason these frosted colors from MK are so hard for me to wear is that they are so pigmented and a bit opaque, so they don't sheer out and if that color doesn't really work for you, it really can show. I'm a MAC NC30. I am making this one work, but I wouldn't buy it again.

on 3/17/2007 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I got this off of ebay for $5.50, and $3 shipping so for me it was cheap as far as cost. I am disappointed in the shade. Too beige for me. I expected a true pink with more pigmentation. I am putting up for swap. Tested once.

on 9/8/2006 4:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great nuetral! I love this and it is so light and natural looking. This is my husbands favorite color on me for daytime. It isn't too pink (which I normally have a problem with in lipsticks) - so the name kind of is off. I have a problem with finding the right lipstick because of my coloring - I am a very fair blue eyed redhead (more of a strawberry blonde) and this matches my complexion wonderfully.

on 12/30/2005 2:07:00 PM

I'm currently wearing a sample of this, and I really like it. Like other MK lipsticks, it's fairly smooth and creamy, and looks great, although the fragrance can be off-putting to some. To me, it's virtually identical to MK's Frosted Rose, although a bit warmer than that one. Overall, I like this one better, I think, but since I already own Frosted Rose, I'll save my money for something that's a little different.

on 5/8/2005 4:39:00 AM

Love that Pink Shimmer!
I find that most "neutral" "nude" lipsticks are actually brown or orange- which really is not good shade for MOST people.
This is neutral.. but without the orangey-brownish cast.
Great for every day "unmade up" look or with gloss on top for a beautiful nighttime look when you want to feature your eyes.
Pretty good staying power too.
Love this color. I hope they never stop making it.

on 12/26/2004 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very beautiful natural looking lip color. I agree with a previous review that it smells "old lady-ish" But it looks great. I was initially afraid it would look too dark on me with my fair skin, but once I tried it on it looked very natural, just the look I love. :)

on 8/2/2004 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This has become my HG of lipsticks, it's taken the place of my MK Mocha Freeze. It looks a bit bronzy pink on my darkly pigmented lips and isn't drying at all. I layer this lipstick with the MK lipgloss in Beach Bronze & I always get compliments. This duo really brightens up my pale face =)

Recommended for Medium Skin