November 24, 2014 | 1527 users online

Masks - Mary Kay - Clarifying Mask Formula 3

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by glitzandtheglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I overall like this product. It's a nice lavender color with a tint of a clay smell and dries fast. I wouldn't recommend this product for people with dry skin though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is a bit unfair, as my skin was already dried out from using Persa gel, but this mask straight up burned my skin off. It's a week later, and while the redness has faded considerably, my skin is still rough to the touch and flaky as hell. No thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by jdublew

Love this for my acne prone skin....I use this once/twice a week. I have sensitive acne prone skin so this is perfect because it doesn't irritate my skin at all. Leaves my skin with a glow as well as tighten pores. I will continue to use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by clmacintyre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mask, it has a mild fresh smell and goes on smoothly. It doesn't dry out my oily skin but it's very effective for drying up the little bumps I get on my forehead. I use it once a week on my oily t zone and it works great! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

This is a ok mask. It is soft and nice, does not dry the face out... It is purple in the colour and contains some other kind of clay than i'm used to; this clay is much softer than the Neutrogenas Clear Pore mask, the PTR mask and DDF:s mask that also contains some kinds of clay.

This reminds me a little of Forever Living's clay mask, it has a similar "soft" feeling.

I'm surely strange but I like masks to have a more "tough deep-cleansing" feeling, and I didn't got that with this mask.... I prefer the DDF and PTR....

Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by mslorid

Love this mask. I've been using it for 10+ yrs. My skin feels so soft after I use it. Really cleans out my pores and with regular use helps prevent breakouts. Can be a little drying in the winter, so I use it just on my T-zone as needed.
I've tried the Formula 2 and 3 masks and they are totally different from this one. Those are more gritty/exfoliating, and F3 is more skin-crud extracting...ha ha.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmmm....despite all the great reviews this got, this had no effect on my profile. I tried very much to love this because at the time i saw all the great reviews. I used the Queen Helene mask before I used this. The only reason why I didn't stick with it because I went through a beauty trial phase, when i wanted to try everything I could, in an attempt to find the elusive "Holy Grail" product. I regret my decision. This had done nothing. None at all.

The mask is a lavender colored, clay mask with the light smell of mud. I actually like the smell, it reminded me of the rain soaked ground. earthy and refreshing. It has a very light, thin texture, and you don't need a whole lot to get results. It doesn't get hard and crusty like most clay masks. It just stays on the surface, and hardens up just the slightest bit.

I've tried this for 6 whole months, from October 2009-March 2010, every week without fail. It actually clogged my pores, since it didn't take out any dirt. My face lost its glow even if I did use great products at the time I was using this. This gave my face a dull cast. I had my mother try this also to see if maybe, the product would not work on me, but hopefully it would work on her. Oh no, I found it in the trash bucket a month later. I asked her why she threw it out, since half of it wasn't gone yet. She then pointed me to her face, and i saw that the mask had no effect on her face either. She said it made her face look dirty. Worse, dirtier than it already was. She had sebum all over the sides of her face. Just like I did when I used this! We never had that before, ever, so we know this caused it. In fact, just before I wrote this review (a week ago), I tried it so I could prove my point. Yes, I got the sebum on my skin. I think the reason why this didn't work for me was because it removed the moisture or oil from my skin, and the next day, my skin would overproduce oil. This the "dark cast" I'd get on my face, and so would my mother.

However, a friend with oily skin tried this and her shine went away. Gone. Her face was no longer squishy and wet, it was a soft matte. She loved it so much I ended up giving her the one I had and buying her another. She uses it every 3 days, and I hate to sound like a preacher, but it has worked wonders on her. The red pimples she gets on her face have diminished greatly. You can actually greet her on the cheek. And she looks so happy. Her skin hasn't become perfect overnight, but it is on its way there. And that makes all the difference.

I would not buy this product again, not because it may not be a good product, but because it is not good for me. I would suggest anyone with oily skin to try this however. I can see this doing an effect, because as I told you in the last paragraph, I've seen it. Good Luck.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is a pretty good product. There is nothing in it that irritates my rosacean skin. Most rosacean skinned people shouldn't use an actual exfoliator as it usually irritates and flares problems. Masks are a great alternative to those with sensitive, rosacean and especially acne pron skins. This is gentle yet effective...easy to apply but I find removing it takes me more work. Its consistency is a little gluey when coming off, it takes a lot of warm water and gentle rubbing to break it down or dissolve it. You definitely feel clean and as if you got done with a facial when you've finally gotten rid of all the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 9:01:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only mask I have used for about 18 years. I started using it around the age of 18 to help control oil and breakouts, which it does an amazing job of. Now in my late 30's I use it still to control oil and breakouts but also to help with pore size. Reading the reviews below...well let me stress this is NOT for anyone with dry skin. It is clay based which is a natural oil absorber, you literally see small spots on this mask as it dries where the oils are being pulled from your skin. It applies very smooth and dries to a very-hard-to-move-your-face finish. If you do move your face this mask will crack and flake. For sudden breakouts this will definitely help dry them quickly, then follow it with the Formula #3 blemish control toner and it will practically be gone over night. I recommend using once or twice a week to help reduce oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by genny1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mask! However, I was stupid and realized this isn't for dry skin since it's oil-absorbing. I have very dry skin in the winter, but it's fairly normal in the summer. So I will be using this during the summer. It's also great if you have a pimple, if you dab some on the pimple, it goes down within hours. It feels SUPER tight and uncomfortable when it's on, but your skin literally looks amazing after. Once you moisturize, your face feels flawless. I would buy this again just because it's so awesome. However, I think I will look for a mask that's not so oil-absorbing. I definitely recommend this!