LUSH Dream Cream

4.2

Ingredients: Oat Milk (Avena Sativa), Rose Water (Rosa Centifolia), Olive Oil (Olea Europaea), Cocoa Butter(Theobroma Cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Tincture Of Benzoin (Styrax Benzoin), Rose Absolute (Rosa Centifolia), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis Nobilis), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia), Lavender Oil (Lavendula Hybrida), Cetearyl Alcohol, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 6/7/2015 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a lotion fiend and have tried many. Lush's Dream Cream is one of my favorites. It's very thick and a bit greasy but I don't mind that because of how long it lasts. My skin is still soft and moisturized a day after applying it.

I also love the scent, which has a hint of lavender ... it's lush and makes me feel pampered when I use it.

The one big drawback is the packaging. It comes in a jar that you have to dip your hands into ... not the most sanitary. The cream is thick though so I guess there's no other way to package it.

It's also a bit pricey and I go through a jar a month but it's worth it.

on 5/30/2015 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a review for the self-preserved version of Dream Cream.
I have dry, sensitive skin all over my body. A shower makes my skin feel tight and itchy, thats how dry it is.
I really like this bodylotion. Since it doesn't contain as much chemicals and perfume as regular lush products, it's great for my sensitive skin. It moisturizes well, and little goes a long way! Too much lotion, and it will take forever to sink in.. And you feel sticky all over.
My face is supersensitive, and I use this as a nighttime lotion, and it works great! So it does it's job well, and you don't need much.
the smell isn't great, but you can hardly smell it at all, and it doesnt linger. (since there is no perfume, the scent consists of natural ingredients).
Highly recommend for dry and sensitive skin! <3

on 5/14/2015 3:37:00 AM

I bought this because of the raves that the product got. Tried for the first time yesterday after shower. It lathers on nicely as the consistency isn't too watery or thick. You don't need a lot for the whole body - which is a plus!

My skin is sensitive and sometimes my shins will itch like crazy for no reason, especially in the night during my sleep. After applying this cream, my skin has calmed down and i haven't itched! The eczema I have at the back of my neck is also less itchy. I have high hopes for this product :)

It has a faint lavender-grassy smell, not overpowering. I was hoping that the lavender smell would be stronger. Penhaligon's has a lovely lavendula cream which smells gorgeous.

I like the lush tub, nice cute design.

on 4/21/2015 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I personally don't feel this moisturizing enough for me, but I have very bad razor bumps that has heavily scarred my skin and this seems to help calm my skin down a lot. I got this a while ago and I liked it a lot, but didn't buy it again because it's so expensive. Lately my skin has been so irritated and inflamed, even with my prescription lotion, that I went and bought this again. I'm allergic to tree nuts and LUSH uses a lot of coconut oil and sweet almond oil, but this isn't in it which is nice.

I love that this product leaves my skin so soft. A little goes a long way for me. The only downside of this product is the smell. I wore it for the first time and my family made me take a shower because it made me smell awful. I had my mom smell it and she said it smelled rotten. I love lush products and will try other lotions by them but this is one product that I will not repurchase.

on 3/20/2015 12:41:00 PM

I should first mention this review is based on my experience with the product during my pregnancy (it is a LIFE-SAVER!).

I have always had VERY dry skin on my face (with an oily T-Zone) and rarely have breakouts or pimples. The skin on my body has also always been quite dry while being often problematic - extremely prone to ingrowns, redness, and can occasionally be sensitive.

While I do enjoy being pregnant, I do not whatsoever enjoy the fact it has amplified the dryness, redness, and sensitivity of my skin up to hazmat levels. I was a pealing, flaky, ingrown, and red bumpy mess until I discovered this product. Normally Hempz Original Moisturizer or organic coconut oil or is my go-to body moisturizer but even those were not coming remotely close to helping my ailing skin (in fact they may have been making it worse).

THANKFULLY this little gem of a cream was introduced to me early on during my pregnancy (about 3 months). I am now 7 months and have glowing, supple, smooth, clear and STRETCH MARK FREE skin which I truly believe is thanks to LUSH's Dream Cream. In fact, I ran out while on vacation last month and the week in which I wasn't using the product my skin quickly started to become dry, red, itchy, and bumpy again. Thankfully it was quickly fixed with a restock upon my return home. I should note I have also recently, within the past month, started using this product on my face as well in place of my usual nighttime cream (by NUXE). This obviously won't be for everyone but the skin on my face is LOVING it so far.

I understand stretch marks cannot 100% be prevented and much of it comes down to genetics in your own skin, but I absolutely believe, for me personally (and based on my less-than-fabulous skin pre-pregnancy), this cream has helped in the prevention of stretch marks for me thus far into my pregnancy. I will ABSOLUTELY continue to use this throughout the remainder of my pregnancy and most likely as my daily moisturizer for years to come.

And as for the smell, it definitely is unique. I can't quite figure it out (Oatmeal? Confused Lavender?) BUT it really does get better after it has been on the skin for a few minutes. My husband really enjoys the scent and I do now as well - I can appreciate the subtleness of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

In the winter I suffer from eczema and just overly dry skin in general mostly on my chest, back, and arms. When I purchased this the first time my skin was really in a bad place. This soothed it pretty much after the first application. It's so soft and creamy. It has an interesting smell but it doesn't linger. I also used in the summer after a really bad sunburn and it soothed more than Aloe Vera alone.

The only thing I don't like about this lotion is the packaging. Lush likes their packaging to be good to the planet but I just don't like sticking my hand in the lotion constantly. I wish it came in similar packaging to their body washes and shampoos.

*Tip* If your skin is really irritated use with Lush's Dream Wash.

Dream Cream is an old favorite of mine. Saved my legs when I used to live in Colorado.

I love this cream; it's silky and thick but soaks in like a 'dream', as the name implies. It has never irritated my skin or done strange things to it. The scent takes some getting used to but it fades fairly quickly, so don't worry if it puts you off! Your super dry skin will thank you.

on 2/23/2015 5:29:00 PM

This lotion was interesting... it smelled really bad, then slowly really good. Not the best for my skin though. I usually get really bad patches of excema on my neck... and it sort of helped, but not anything a plain ol' moisturizer could have done. Not to mention it gave me around 5 pimples on my neck.

on 2/19/2015 1:50:00 PM

First of all I have to say I don't really have any notable skin problems, just dry skin but nothing extreme. I do suffer from certain allergies but body lotions don't often cause me any trouble. So if people want to know if this product will work for psioriasis, eczema etc: I don't know. However I do like the structure of this and it moisturizes very well. The scent is a bit odd, but I like it. The only downside for me is that it's really thick and because of that it's not that comfortable to apply, i feel like I'm stretching my skin while applying the cream :) Also it makes my legs feel quite greasy for a couple of hours, so putting on a pair of skinny jeans after applying this is just a no-no... But I guess that this cream is just a little too heavy for my dry-but-not-that-dry skin. I think it's perfect for people with super dry skin! I use it on those days that I'm at home for a couple of hours and I want to pamper myself, and then I put on my baggy sweatpants or pyjama's after applying the cream so the slightly greasy film won't bother me. On other days I just use a lighter drugstore body lotion.

Top Rated LUSH Products