October 25, 2014 | 1535 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Sheer Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2002 8:56:00 AM More reviews by kerrybu

I received this in Sheer Plum from a great swapper and I LOVE it. The staying power is good, the consistency as well. I'm definitely stocking up on more of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2002 10:41:00 PM More reviews by rjs521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One word. Desire. I have had this shade as a staple for over 10 years now (since high school!) and it still comes through for me everytime. It works on everyone - you need this. As for color - think of your lips but bitten...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2001 9:56:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sheer Plum is the perfect "universal" lipstick - anyone of any age of any color can wear this. It is a beautiful halfway between a brandy and a cognac shade. Try to wear this lipstick without liner and you will have a gorgeous warm tint to your lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2001 8:57:00 AM More reviews by DianaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use Sheer Plum and Huetopia in this formula. I find the sheer lipsticks to be a little drying, but the color and texture look lovely. I also like the light vanilla scent. Both of these colors are favorites of mine, but I find myself reaching for Stila sheer lipsticks more consistently because they are more moisturizing. MAC's pricing and packaging wins hands-down, though. I wish there were more sheer lipstick colors to choose from in the MAC line, and that they lipstick displays arranged lippies by formula *then* color, rather than just by color.
Edited - so glad that MAC introduced the Lustre lipsticks, they are exactly what I wished for above. Sheer Plum and several other sheer and tone formula lipsticks have been recreated as Lustres, as well as several new shades. continued >>