Avon Clearskin Medicated gel wash

3.6

on 2/24/2012 10:32:00 AM

I really like this cleaner for my combination skin. The gel formula keeps it light and the salicylic acid really removes the oil from my face. When I wash my face with this at night, I wake up with soft, smooth skin with little or no oil. When I use this in the morning, I find that my makeup goes on very smoothly because my skin isn't completely stripped of moisture like some acne washes tend to do.

I got this on sale, so I paid about $3.75 per tube and it's lasted a good three months, even using it every day (it just takes a tiny pea-sized dab to clean my whole face). I sincerely hope that Avon continues to make this, as given the price and the results, I'm completely delighted with this cleanser.

on 8/23/2011 10:56:00 PM

I have very oily, scarred, and acne prone skin. I love this cleanser. I might go as far to say it is my favorite so far. I have been using it for about 3 weeks along with clean and clear advantage cleanser switching off every other day and my skin has completely cleared up. I was only using the clean and clear every day for the past year and it worked very well but my skin has never looked this good.

on 1/28/2011 10:54:00 PM

I love this product! I'm 14 and I don't have bad acne, I don't really have much at all. But I do get small break outs on my cheeks and around my nose. But, when I use this wash most, if not all of my pimples are gone within a day or two. The only thing is that it is a bit drying, but it's really no problem if you use these acne removing wipes that are also made my Clearskin. I would definately recommend this!

on 6/18/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this a while ago, and I've been using it for probably a year.. or so. I use it everyday in the shower. and it works okay. If i use it other than the time i shower, it's quite drying AND i have oily skin. It has a strong smell and I don't plan on buying this again. It's an okay basic cleanser. Didn't do anything special..

on 2/23/2006 3:42:00 PM

I like this for around my period has always worked wonderfully. My son has recently started using it as well and seems to be helping his teenage acne. Not to harsh, but makes my face squeaky clean.

on 5/23/2005 8:30:00 PM

I have used this for years. It is a mild cleanser with 2% salicylic acid. I can't say that it improves breakouts but it cleans my combo skin without being overdrying. It is so mild that my mother can use it also on her dry skin without irritation. Also great to remove eye makeup without irritation. I always stock up on it when it is on sale.

on 5/20/2005 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff made me break out so bad it was very depressing. My skin is oily and prone to breakouts but nothing has ever agrravated it as much as this. I wanted to like it because it seemed to have all the right ingredients but I just couldn't continue using it for the sake of my skin.

on 3/11/2005 11:31:00 AM

This is a pretty good cleanser that removes all traces of makeup..It is clear and colourless and foams up nicely when you wash your face..When I first used it I felt a slight tingling feeling but that went away without causing redness or irritation..I dont use it daily however.. I alternate cleansers as it can be a bit drying but my face never feels tight after I use it(It just flakes slightly if I overuse it)..The price is great and the dispenser is a pump which is very hygenic. This is worth a try as it is one of the least drying and irritating acne product I have ever used.:)

I really like this cleanser. It makes my skin feel really clean and rinses out completely. My face doesn't feel taut or dry after use which is a great bonus and it seems to have stemmed my breakouts. UPDATE: It is a little drying on my skin but still good.

on 2/22/2004 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I find this to be an average cleanser. Beware don't let it gets into your eyes - or even somewhere around them , or nose are either . :( It really stings. Might not buy again .