September 2, 2014 | 1043 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice n' Easy -new formula

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Donnie130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have use Clairol for years, I used the one with the tones in it, Medium Golden Blonde. It would come out a honey color, I loved it.
Recently the name changed to Natural Medium Golden Blonde. I used it and my hair is a mess, it came out very light blonde and the color did not cover my roots, in fact my 40% gray and my normal color all turned white..
I have used this for many year, I do not understand what happened, my hair looks horrible now
I will never use this color again, obviously they changed the formula

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I have tried almost every drugstore hair color Clairol, L'oreal, Revlon, also some at Sally's including their Ion brand.
I have dark blonde hair with blonde highlights (Natural brunette). I have to touch up my roots with a base color.
Nice n Easy is the best hair color hands down. Why?
The color on the box is the color I get, (No orange, I'm speaking to you Colorsilk). I used neutral light blonde by ION that had made my hair light brown instead and messed up my highlights.
It covers grays really well (okay I have a few)! It fades like every hair color, but it doesn't go brassy when it does. It doesn't dry my hair out and it's easy to apply. I leave it on for 50 minutes. (I use blondes #102, #104 range). It's Nice n Accurate!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:49:00 AM More reviews by UrbanShocker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Simply horrible. I remembered this hair dye from the last time I've dyed my hair which was about 2 years ago. I thought it would give my naturally dirty blond hair some dimention, so I have decided to use it. I really regret mu decision : the hair dye turned my hair ORANGE !!! Maybe Its the new formula that doesn't work for me but I certainly would never buy/recommend thin product again

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by jstehr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been dying my hair for about 10 years now, and I do a full at home coloring ever 8 weeks or so. I have natural medium blonde hair, ash-neutral toned. I bought Nice N Easy shade 103A(natural medium beige blonde). I have used Nice N Easy in the past, but was very surprised when I dyed my hair today.
1) The smell was unbelievably strong, it stung my eyes and nose - I had to open up windows all over the house. I've never experienced this before with at home hair color.
2) My scalp burned SO bad, also something I'd never experienced before. I was very close to washing the dye out after a few minutes because the sting was so bad.
3) The formula was very thin and drippy.

I left the dye on for 25 minutes as recommended, and even after I washed the dye out and used the conditioner my hair smelled very strongly of chemicals. The only thing I like about the dye is my hair is quite soft and shiny, and the color is really nice and natural looking.

I would not buy this product again, simply because of the smell and the burn.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never had any really good luck with Clairol hair color...the only exception being Natural Instincts. Nice and Easy totally ruined my hair when I used it, and I've been coloring for a long, long time now, both in the salon and for the past 10 years, at home.
This truly damaged my hair worse than any other hair color, and made my scalp itch and burn far worse than any other color, so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupgrl2008

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

A little bit about my hair:
-asian black/dark brown (previously dyed dark brown once w/ semi-permanent dye, almost no affect on hair though)
-long
-straight and super healthy

I used the color 112 Dark Auburn and lightened my base color slightly, but it gave me beaauuttifulll red/auburn streaks that were clearly visible in the sun. I have had sooo many compliments on my hair saying how pretty it looked on me, so I am very pleased.
I wasn't going for any drastic change and only wanted to amp up my old hair with some more dimension, and this color did just that for me :)

3 weeks in and the color has faded lighter in my opinion, and it is still so pretty. Will update at the 6 week mark (unless i redye just cause i find dying my hair fun)

My hair is still silky soft and i haven't noticed any serious damage to my hair.

Pros:
-easy to use (not drippy like other hair dyes i've used)
-did not sting
-excellent color :)
-there are always coupons for $2 off clairol products

Cons:
-smell (burned my nose and took a long time to get used to)
-absorbed super fast in roots, i started at the bottom of my hair and worked upwards, but i noticed that my roots were lighter than the rest of my hair (not extremely noticeable though)

Will absolutely continue to buy and can't wait to try out other colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchase this in SB 2 ULTRA LIGHT COOL SUMMER BLONDE.I'm reviewing The newer formula. I have used this product for some time now,oh say since my teens.I have used a few dyes in my life but always seem to come back to this one.when I heard they had changed the formula I was a bit skeptical and actually quite horrified. At first I didint like it but after several uses I actually love it now I get that fresh summery sunkissed like I just stepped out of malibu beach look,plus its not at all damaging I color my hair once a month.the box states it last 4 to six weeks,it does look fresh up until 3 weeks on mind and then I have to retouch on the fourth week. Overall I'm happy with this product its pretty pricey but its a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kuj13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So. I bought Natural Medium Caramel Brown (118B) despite the horrific reviews on it (people's heads were turning orange.. red..) to give myself some natural, light brown highlights. My hair is a dark dark brown, on the edge of a soft black color. I was painting the stuff on and it wasnt that hard. The directions made it pretty straightforward as to what I had to do. The mixture wasn't as smelly as some people hyped it up to be and nor did it drip; it ws kinda like gel. Anyway, I painted the mixture on, balayage style. I waited about 35 minutes in total (10 more minutes than recommended). I kept checking my hair to see if it would suddenly turn bright red or orangey but neither happened and if anything, it looked like nothing was happening or going to be happening... So I reluctantly washed out the dye and used the conditioner (which is amazing by the way, it totally softens the hair, makes the hair REEALLYY shiny and gets rid of the chemical smell) When my hair was reasonably dried, I saw that while there was some FAINT coloring, it wasn't at all what I was looking for. The color on the box (in the back) wasn't even close to the color on my head. Mine was similar to a medium brown color but it was SO faint that I almost couldn't even tell the difference. Anyhow, there was no burning/dyed scalps.

In conclusion, it wasn't that bad. I think for those who have very very dark hair, if you're looking for something lighter, dont pick this. If you have light hair, beware of the infamous redness and orangeyness.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by betseylee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Purchased this permanent hair dye in Natural Dark Brown. I have natural dark brown hair but my light brown highlights were fading, so I decided to dye it all dark to get it one color. This turned my hair completely jet black for 7 weeks. I tried everything to get it out (baking soda, sun, clarifying shampoo) my scalp got so dried out from washing so much.
Now, 2 months later, my hair is finally starting to fade a little. But, the light brown I wanted to cover is coming back. So I basically fried my hair more for nothing.

Worst hair dye ever used, and I've tried all kinds.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by xVegasx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Light Ash Blonde
I use to buy this color all the time and i have not had any problems with it,it always turns out just the way i want it to and is very close to the color on the box,the only problem is that the smell is not that nice but i have tried hair colorants that have been wors smelling before so i cant complain,this is my go to coloring brand when i just want to dye my hair without feeling like i need a hairdresser on speed dial.These are also on offer a lot,very good value for money.