December 22, 2014 | 1158 users online

Crème - Boots - No.7 Intelligent Colour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Jayneadora

I have been using this foundation for around 5 years and love it! It has really light coverage and gives skin a glow. Admittedly, it won't cover bad skin as it is very sheer. Luckily I have good skin with no lines (I'm 43) and use the medium shade. It adapts to your skin colour so I find that I don't need another foundation when I've had a spray tan or used fake tan. I think the price is good especially as No7 often have lots of deals on like 3 for 2 or £5 off vouchers

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Tabby95

I absolutely love this foundation! When I was younger and used to try and use my mum's make up, I always used to put this one on!

It is a light coverage foundation and is not very buildable I will admit but it gives a lovely matte finish and a perfect colour plus it never cakes. it says intelligent colour for a reason! it comes in three shades light, medium and dark. i wear a medium and it really blends into my skin tone so easily, i never look orange! it even blends into my face colour when i get a spray tan which is good. i can also put it on my nose if I need to, which I find I can't do with liquid foundations as much.

Since it is very light coverage I tend to use it over a thicker foundation and then use it for top ups during the day if I need. It's also good if you want to look like you really aren't wearing any make up, which is handy if you're up early or you just need a little something to pop down to the shops.

I don't think I could rely solely on this product as my foundation but it works so well with other products it is a must have. It is reasonably priced at 15 pounds a bottle as it lasts absolutely ages and you don't need to wear much!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by korrok

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Intelligent colour: apparently only for tangerines. I bought this in the shade "Light" for my admittedly rather pale skin. I don't particularly see what's intelligent about it - it does nothing to adapt to your skintone. It goes on fairly sheer and the colour of the foundation is a hideous orange. It reminded me of the awful makeup on some of the girls at high school. The finish isn't buildable in any way (unless you want even more orangey blobs). I guess this is great if you want that awesome Totally Real Scottish Tan look that might also be achievable by bathing daily in Irn Bru? Oh, and it's greasy into the bargain. A big, big AVOID!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by tanno123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have just bought my second bottle - LOVE it!
I didn't like it at first but only cos I didnt know how to apply it.

The trick is to put a teeny teeny bit on your finger then spread it all over your face and rub it in (with your fingers)
It gives my skin a real glow and a boost -- I wear it everyday to work.

I dont like that heavy makeupy foundation feelin and this feels like you have nothin on. It gives a lovely natural look!

I have pretty decent skin which I take good care of and this makes it look radiant!

Im a very light skinned black woman (biracial) and I buy this in dark. It adapts to my skintone AND gives me a bit of colour.
Because it is so versatile you can wear it in the summer too when you have a tan so you dont need a winter and a summer foundation.

It's definitely intelligent!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kizzycurl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product every time i use it people say the coverage is very natural.A little hard to put on as its runny but with a brush its fine.A little on the expensive side but worth the money I usualy but it when I get a money off voucher from boots

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Martina125

Good for big pores

But after a few hours you look like a baboon - the colour is not intelligentat all. It is too dark and too pink-red, like after a chemical peel. Not greasy, quite mattifying.
I was very happy with it in every way, only the colour was a let down.

SPF too low.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

It pilled. Not blendable. Slightly greasy. I think it made my blemishes worse. Gave it one extra star with the allowance that it might have been on the shelf for some time. Not what I expected from Boots, and for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by xpoisonkisses_x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really liked this, for what I want it for. I want a sheer coverage foundation that doesn't require a lot of effort to use. I wear this for school because we're not supposed to wear makeup but hahaha that is not happening. It evens things out and feels so soft. This is more like a mousse foundation than liquid so if you hate mousse don't buy this. I got a sample size in the shade "medium" but that was too dark even though I adored it. I went to boots and bought this in light but I think it could be lighter, and probably should be. The difference from medium isn't that large. It comes out of the tube looking SO dark, so dark you don't even want to put it on your face but once it's blended it just gives you a slight tan so that's nice. If you want coverage this foundation is not the one for you, it's very sheer. I will be buying it again because it's so perfect for what I want. It was about £15 but I got a £5 off voucher, but No7 foundation generally is quite expensive for whats classed as "low end" foundation. Make sure you shake this foundation before you use it otherwise it comes out all liquidy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Brunneria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I both love and dislike this product.
I have fair skin, and was amazed that the pale shade (which looks very dark when it comes out of the tube) suited me well. It is slightly darker than my actual skin, but tones well, to give me a slight fake tan thing. I liked the smoothness, and the spreadability, and the fact that it didn't seem bothered by my very oily skin. It lasted well, and seemed economical.
However, I had to try very hard not to touch my face and then my eyes, and not to get it near my eyes (which is difficult when you want coverage around your eyes!), because they would sting terribly, and get red and sore.
I eventually stopped wearing it during the summer, because either I was touching my eyes more in the heat, or perspiration was getting it into my eyes. They were very uncomfortable, and stung for half the day.
But that is my only criticism.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by dixielj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this as a sample in one of the many offers that Boots do on their No 7 range. It is for this reason that I am unable to comment on the price (although I have noticed that Boots tend to be in the mid to upper price range - especially for a student - for their foundations). I received the Medium shade by default and it is very, very dark when squeezed out of the tube.

I became EXTREMELY worried at this point due to the fact that I am resemble Casper the friendly ghost in terms of complexion. It did even out however but required a hell of a lot of blending.

On the plus side, having been sunburnt whilst in Barcelona on a field study, this was the only thing that would cover it properly.]

Hope this helps.