April 19, 2014 | 882 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Eye Shadow in Blonde

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted a BB palate, as I have BB Blush In Desert Rose that I love, and thought I would add a few shadows. I already have plenty in LM and other brands, but there were a few colors BB had that looked like they would be a staple for me.

The BB in Blonde is a pretty neutral color of medium brown with slight grey undertones, but is so difficult to blend, it makes Wet N Wild look high end.

At a whopping $24.00,

For some reason, BB eyeshadows tend to irritate my eyes while Laura Merciers do not - so this is not going to be used on my eyes

If anyone has noticed - Bobbie Brown's shadows these days have a GREY cast. I have no idea why, but my Favorite (and many) Navajo (cream / pink) was replaced with a grey / white, BB pushes Cement and Grey for Hazel eyes, a combination I will never understand.

I swatched the BB in Heather and Compared to Laura Mercier in Plum Smoke. Both look the same in the pan but the Bobbie Brown has more of a grey tone to it.

I am not going to buy more BB shades; I will stick to Laura Mercier, MAC and even the cheap drugstore shades that I buy for blending or for a special effect (use once or for a month, then throw it out).

The quality has gone downhill....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow has turned out to be a winner for me..... but not in the way I expected.I bought it to use as an eyeshadow, but it was darker than it looked in the pan.I was really dissapointed. I wanted a fawny brown/beige, this was way too dark.I'm a dark brunette and it's excellent on my brows. I was using the mac espresso eyeshadow on brow and crease before, but this is even better for both. My brows have never looked this good with any powder or pencil. Point is though I bought it to use as eye shadow and even if it had been the right colour , I wasn't impressed with the texture and blendability of this considering the price.However it's great for what I'm using it for.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by torianne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have just recently changed my hair colour from brunette back to my natural hair colouring of dark blonde and needed a new eyebrow product. I searched 100's of reviews as I am very fussy about eyebrow products as I have tried many that just smudge off or end up vanishing by the end of the day.

The colour is a lovely soft brown but when applied it does come out a lot darker but by just applying less product it does work for me. The actual texture is lovely! Feels very soft and I love that this product has a matt finish too. I use a angled brow brush as I think this works best with any powder brow products as I think you get more control. Overall I am pleased with this product so far and would recommend to anyone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Gaia79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shade is way too warm for my cool, fair skin, and it makes me look washed out (even though BB's web site describes it as a "cool" and "ashy" shade... NOT!). It makes my eyes look dirty and tired, as if bruised. Also, it makes my whole face glow orange-ish. I will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

This is a sleeper hit, one of those really well crafted but overlooked shades that are real workhorses. A medium ashy brown but not too ashy that provides an absolutely perfect presentation for blue eyes. I wear this all over the lid and under the lower lid as a halo colour, sort of like a day time smokey eye (getting tired of that term) with rose gold shimmer above the crease and blending into the highligher. Takes a navy or black liner exceptionally well and a granite liner looks good too. A brown liner is ok but just too boring.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by MadHattress

I'm surprised to see this eyehadow not being more used as a lid/crease color. It's a medium taupe brown, perfect for a fake "no eyeshadow" look. Texture is dreamy and blends like a dream. Definitely a keeper <3

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by skwpt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Blonde is medium-toned, neutral-warm brown. The texture is soft and velvety, and the color lasts all day. I can see how this would be very popular as a brow filler for blonds and redheads with warm-to-neutral skin and either blue/green or very dark brown eyes. On me (fair, cool-neutral NW15), Blonde made my eyes recede into the background. It wasn't unflattering, but it wasn't flattering, either. It looked rather boring against my blue-grey-green eyes. Grey, Heather, Slate, and Cement (cream, not powder) are my best Bobbi Brown shades, so I should just stick with the cool tones and leave the warm browns to others. Other than the color, the eyeshadow itself it up to BB excellent standards. You get a LOT of product for $20, and one pan should last more than a year, even if used every day.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Veedebee

I love this eyeshadow, it is so versatile. Great for on the lids, but I have to admit I use this almost all the time as an eyeliner, it just smoothes everything out so beautifully and it stays put all day, great for a natural or neutral daytime look and used wet it is more intense.

Great for eyebrows, I think a lot of people use it for this and it really gives a very natural look.
I reach for this shadow without fail week on week - brilliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Ereinsberg

I love this product! It is my HG brow too...looks very natural but defines and fills out little bald spots! Perfect amount of pigmentation b/c i feel like it is easy to go overboard with filling in brows. It is very expensive...HOWever...since you only have to use a tiny bit of product it will prbably expire before I can even make a dent in it!! I have been using it for two months almost everyday and I can't even tell I've used it!!! So...worth the splurge

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by MamaChoobie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Blonde is the perfect shade to color my sparse, now-gray brows. The sales associate gave me a great trick: smooth foundation or a bit of concealer on brows before using the powder; it really does lock it in place. Looks natural and pretty. Worth the money.