August 29, 2014 | 1351 users online

Lipstick - Laura Mercier - Baby Lips

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this as part of my quest to mimic Christina Hendricks's makeup in Mad Men. Apparently she wears this more than any other color and I was looking for that bright pinky coral. This is it, although its brightness depends on the level of natural pigmentation you have.
This is a lovely, sheer MLBBrighter shade. Beautiful and professional, great for a less made-up look. Fades away pretty quickly, but it's not too noticeable since it's so sheer.
Smells/tastes like vanilla cotton candy, which I like. Could be overwhelming for some.
It is pricey. $23 for 4 g, $5.75/g compared to MAC, $16 for 3g, $5.33/g

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by labrady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! It's a slightly warmed medium pink that warms up my very pigmented cool pink lips without washing me/them out at all. I'm very fair (Chanel 07/10) but with almost dark pink lips so anything lighter than my natural lip shade drains the life out of my face. This shade is sheer enough that some of my lip color comes through and it goes beautifully with LM Rose Petal, Chanel Rose Petale (my favorite pairing!), or any of your other slightly warmed (but not coral) pink blushes. It would probably clash with anything blue-based. I'd say Baby Lips is slightly more pink than Fresh Lip Treatment in Petal, which is a little more orangey and, on me, a little flat. The color is also similar to Chanel Coco Rouge in Mademoiselle, but Mademoiselle is more a "regular" lipstick formula than Baby Lips and less sheer so, without my lip color coming through, Mademoiselle appears a little lighter than Baby Lips (though Mad wears longer). Baby Lips brightens up my face and even pops my green eyes.

It doesn't last very long on my lips, but A) I'm terrible at keeping my lip color on with any type of product, and B) it lasts much better than lip gloss. It feels like tinted balm. For awhile I was wearing it with Buxom Full Bodied gloss in Yow, which is pretty much exactly the same color as Baby Lips, but added more fullness and shine (I like to layer). But lately I've been wearing Baby Lips on its own. At first it felt a little dry, but only compared to how it felt with the gloss on top! It just kind of smooths the lips and makes them look a little fuller, but with a subtle cream shine instead of GLOSS. There's no shimmer at all, which is nice, and it gives a lovely soft, fresh look, whether you just want a little something on a casual day or to balance out a smoky eye. It has the same sweet scent that Laura Mercier Lip Glaces have, but that fades quickly. Like I said above, I love it and HIGHLY recommend. Oh, one more thing: it comes in a teeny tiny tube that looks awfully small for $23, but the bullet itself is bigger than you would expect. Also, its tininess also makes it very portable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I literally want to eat this lipstick. But thats a personal problem.... ;)

My mom introduced me to this brand. I tried her tinted moisturizers in the past but that was it. She bought me this and another lipstick (raspberry sorbet) and I fell in love.

Baby lips is probably my HG MLBB. It is sheer but has enough color to brighten up your face. The consistency is divine. It is the softest, yummiest thing ever. I also love how it smells. its subtle and natural.

Im truly shocked to read that this dried out people's lips. But hey, anything is possible. It certainly did the opposite for me. (as do her other Creme smooth lipsticks). I blew through this tube and am down to the nub. Will repurchase soon. I definitely recommend this to anyone who has medium toned, warm coloring for natural summer lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by nmiracle

Love it. This is my 'go to' every day lipstick. I have fair skin, green eyes - and this lipstick matches my lip tone nicely. I love the way it feels on - not sticky, but makes my lips feel moisturized. I've got a tube in my purse, in my briefcase, in my desk, and on my makeup table!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by aerislina

Product was very drying with very little color payoff. Had to wipe it off because it was just that drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by lilyeffigy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Laura Mercier sheer lipsticks are the best products in her line, in my opinion. They are definitely not sheer, but they do come in four (or five, thanks Nordstrom!) wearable shades for each occasion. I have pared down to Baby Lips and Tender Lips because they get the most use.

Baby lips is a warm rosy pink with a bit of brown to tone down the pinkness. It's not your standard MLBB. I would say it's MLBB 2.0 (my lips but brighter)

Too light? Try Healthy Lips, Tender Lips or Sexy Lips.
Too dark? Try Bare Lips. It is the most flattering neutral lipstick around.

My favorite thing about the sheer lipsticks is that they last, leave a stain, wear evenly and actively moisturize.

For the record, I think LM stick glosses suck. They have insane slip and a wear time of, like, 5 minutes. The sheer lipsticks are leaps and bounds ahead in my book.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by lclc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful color. It sheers out nicely over lip balm, too. The taste of the lipstick though, seems to migrate into my mouth, even when I am not eating or drinking. It almost tastes like rancid oil. Maybe I got a bad batch.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this lipstick. I'm an NC40 and it's just a really nice everyday slightly mauve-ish/pinkish MLBB color. Nothing but good things to say. It feels wonderful, has great pigmentation, applies beautifully and lasts nicely. I recommend this to others and would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by icloverbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is small. For the price you're paying, you don't get a lot of product. The packaging is adorable. 1 lippie off for expensive price compared to the amount of product you're given.

The coverage is sheer, much to its line's description. I like the sheerness. I like the fact that I can reapply it without a mirror and not have to worry about messing it up. The smell is delicious. The color suits my skin (I'm a MAC C2/NC15-20. Definitely looks great for an everyday look IMO. It lasts pretty long for me too considering the coverage you're dealing with here. It usually lasts more than 2 hours for me then I'd have to reapply. If you aren't drinking/eating, it would last longer. I tried this with and without lip pencils (by the way, MAC Dervish is great pairing with this lip stick).

Second lippie off because it's slightly drying for me. For some reason, my lips are dry by themselves and this lipstick doesn't provide much moisture for me. I'm not too concerned with this because I like using chapstick underneath lip pencil/lip stick anyway. But still, it would be a lot better if it's more moisturizing.

Overall the quality is pretty good sans the drying part. I wish it would be less expensive. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a soft, sheer pink color on their lips to wear everyday.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Baby Lips is a creamy-feeling yet oddly drying warm pink shade on my C4/NC30 light tan asian complexion. This pink is too light to look natural on my pigmented lips (Nars Dolce Vita is my MLBB), but I mix it with a little Vaseline for moisture and apply with a brush on days when I want a lighter pink lip with subtle peach tones. I don't reach for it often, but it smells good and I can make it work. It's just ok.