September 1, 2014 | 1905 users online

Lip Treatments - Estee Lauder - Amber Bronze Lip Tint Balm - Rose Nectar

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by ClareMcK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm just writing here to see if anyone knows where I can purchase Ambre Bronze Lip Tint Balm in Rose Nectar in the United Kingdom? I used this product for years as I loved it but can not seem to buy it anywhere now. It could have been discontinued and if so, does anyone know of a similar shade to this that I could buy?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

The quality is good, but the color isn't for pigmented lips. I'm pale with reddish-pigmented lips and they disappeared! It's definitely one of those nude shades only certain women can wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Sun_Shine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Estee Lauder LipTint Balm with SPF 15. Beautiful peachy bronze shade with shimmer. So natural!
EDIT: I'm lowering the rating to one lippie. I guess, this product has a very short shelf life. For some weird reason, it makes me vomit (excuse my French, ladies!) almost immediately after application, which is an extremely unusual reaction. This happened several times over the past two years and each time I applied this product a few minutes before. If you experience any tummy discomfort with it, I'd suggest you throw this balm away in one year after purchasing and wouldn't keep it for over two years like I did. It does have an unpleasant smell but it always did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2006 7:06:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my 2nd Amber Bronze Lip Balm (I also have Berry), and I just love them. It goes on smooth and is moisturizing and silky. Rose Nectar is beige with a blushy pink undertone. I am currently self-tanning my face, and it really looks great! The color is suble, but that is the look I want in the summer when it is 9o degrees outside, and I am wearing hardly any other makeup. I also like the fact that it has SPF and that the finish is more matte than shiney. I took 1 lippie off because the color doesn't last very long. The tube is really pretty though, so I don't mind too much having to pull it out to re-apply!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2006 10:38:00 AM More reviews by kbb2008

I saw this product recommended in InStyle as a good lipstick for a fair-skinned person, so I bought it. I'm a little torn on how to review it. First of all, although this product was recommended by the magazine as a lipstick, I noticed when I bought it that it was a tinted balm. That was OK with me; lots of tinted balms (Prada, for one) have a similar texture and staying power to a good lipstick. This, unfortunately, is one that doesn't. It goes on very sheer and will be completely gone within an hour and a half if you eat or drink anything at all (which, chances are, I will; I almost always have a glass of something sitting beside me during the day.) And for a "balm," it's really not particularly moisturizing. The texture is similar to a MAC Lustre lipstick -- it *feels* glossy and moisturizing going on, but two hours later, your lips are dry.

However, the one reason I think I might keep this is the color. This is a very light peachy nude on cool-toned PPP me, and is the perfect color to wear by the beach or pool, or when my eyes are done and I want *something* on my lips, but don't really want them to be making any kind of a statement. So it might stay in my makeup bag for those occasions. But it's really not suited to everyday office wear. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 1:21:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I actually like the scent--it reminds me a little of Fresh's Sugar lip balm, sorta sugary and lemony. I didn't notice a taste. The color is a really pretty, cool-toned, glowy light pink with no visible shimmer. The texture is thinner and slicker than I'd prefer, but it stays on my lips for a fair amount of time (maybe an hour, maximum) and keeps them soft and smooth. The packaging is cute, but kinda clunky and the stick of product is not very secure inside the tube--it seems liable to break off at any moment. I'm not entirely sure whether I'd get another one of Rose Nectar as it's a bit too blue-ish for my taste; I think I'll try to get my hands on the Caramel one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 5:21:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this.It's a pretty shade for the nude lip look.A very light pinky beige nude color with a little bit of sheen.The SPF 15 is a great addition.Looks gorgeous when you do the whole tan/bronzer/beach goddess look and use these balms.Great creme brulee smell and taste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 5:06:00 PM More reviews by simplicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Rose Nectar is a natural pink that gives a subtle flush of colour, protects and moisturises.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2005 5:34:00 PM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amber Bronze Lip Tint Balm is not moisturizing; it's just the opposite, very drying. Rose Nectar is a pretty nudish pink. The color does not show up very much but it is a tinted lip balm. The odor and taste is absolutely disgusting. I tossed this baby.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by aligator

These lip tint balms are amazing!! They smell so good, feel so good and look so good! Rose Nectar is a very sheer nude pink which might be a little too light on me.. I love how it has SPF 15 in it and avocado and vitamin E oils in it! It protects and soothes your lips, which is always a good thing.. A little pricey ($16 USD) but well worth the price! This is the closest thing to lipstick that I will ever wear!!