December 19, 2014 | 1537 users online

Palettes - Sephora - Six Color Lipstick Palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2005 1:01:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I've been looking for a way to consolidate rarely-used lipsticks (clutter drives me nuts), so this has come in very handy. It is a small (about the size of a lady's palm), slim, rectangular, silver palette with a plastic insert that has five empty wells (two large and three small), and comes with a mirror on the inside lid, a retractible lip brush (very cheaply made but might do in a pinch) and a small plastic spatula. The lid does not have a latch, but kinda curves over onto the bottom part (it's hard to describe). It shuts, but doesn't feel all that secure--I'd be hesitant about dropping this into a crowded purse without taping the lid down. Points off for that. The three smaller wells are not quite big enough for an entire lipstick bullet (though the two larger ones are). I also wish they'd included a kind of plastic cover for the inside since product will smear all over the mirror unless everything is perfectly even within the wells. But I guess you could just cut a piece of cellophane if necessary. These things are a great idea for saving space/travel/saving the last bits of a creamy product (concealer, foundation, eye cream, etc.)--just scoop the product into the wells, or melt down your lipsticks and you're done. For only around 12 USD, this is a nice, compact little palette. I may buy another one, but I think I'll try the Japonesque version before I do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2003 11:21:00 AM More reviews by southrnbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This matte silver palette has 6 spaces (in a removable plastic tray) for any cream product (lipstick, blush, foundation, concealer, eye shadow) plus a lip brush, mirror, and small spatula for scooping product into the palette. This is $12.00 at Sephora. I really like this palette because I was able to scoop out the last of 6 lipsticks and put the plastic tray in the microwave, which resulted in a neat, professional looking, easy to use lipstick palette. Bobbi Brown's similar product retails for $22.50, so I think $12.00 is a good price for this product. It's small enough and slim enough to fit in any bag or even in a pocket. Great find!!