October 31, 2014 | 996 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by primadonnablue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

More expensive in Thailand than in the US at 1,590 Baht (which is about $53). It does what it's supposed to do but after you apply it you do look powdery for a little while. I still use this but am looking for something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by jocexdarlingg

i usually dont like laura mercier products due to the fact of how all their products never truly work on me or it constantly comes dripping off my face but i decided to give this powder a try since the Sephora associate really convinced me that it is a good product. She was definitely correct! i use this product on hot summer days and its so light weight like its not even there and keeps everything intact! plus it makes my face look super sleek and smooth. i have asain skin so looking like i have perfect skin is always the image to go for and this product does wonders !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:51:00 PM More reviews by chillyjihye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love love this! i use this over my laura mercier mineral foundation or when i wear liquid foundation. this keeps my face so fresh and matte. very easy to fix my makeup if i have some shine. it does give me *some* shine during the summer but it happens in a way i glow!

i have always used the translucent one but one time it was sold out! so i just replaced with ivory - no difference really and i love both!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 4:45:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder is finely milled, not too drying on the skin, and doesn't look powdery. It gives the skin a nice finish. The packaging is nice as well. However, it is too yellow. It should be called pale yellow, not ivory. I am NC15-20 and this powder made my face look too yellow.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2009 4:36:00 AM More reviews by angelbemine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very finely milled French Talc, velvety texture, but since I skip foundation & use only sunblock & concealer underneath, I need more coverage. If you're gonna use this just as a setting powder under foundation, go for it. But when used alone, it's absolutely the same as a colored ordinary Johnson's talcum baby powder! So, why pay the high price for the same effect? Love the yellow color, as I'm a fair asian.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Cannityk214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

amazing stuff. Looks very natural

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by maggie12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder is a must! It gives your skin an "airbrushed" look. I just love it. It is a bit pricey, but well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by muddles

Laura Mercier Ivory Loose Setting Powder is one of my favourite Loose powder.It is very finely-milled,blends in and sets my foundation very well with good oil-controlling properties without me having to blot or touch up for the whole day at all.This powder does not oxidize on me too! The colour of this loose powder is pale yellowish-beige, which is suitable for PPPs with yellow-based skintone looking for more coverage.In terms of quality wise,this powder is comparable with Becca Sesame and NARS Snow.Among the 3, LM has the best oil-control properties. However, my favourite is NARS Snow in terms of texture (finest among the 3) and colour-wise(best colour for ppp).In terms of packaging,I do like the the design but gave it a rating of 4 only as I feel that an application puff should be included in, which most brands of LP do.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2008 3:03:00 AM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using Becca's Fine Loose Finishing powder in Sesame, everything else just seems mediocre in comparison. This Laura Mercier powder is just ok to me...it seems a bit chalky and heavy compared to Becca. Texture and color are decent, although I think the color is a little too yellow for fair complexions (and I'm half Asian, so my skin is pretty yellow based). The staying power is decent, but I expect to touch up every 4 hours or so when using a loose powder. I think this is a good value for the money because you get a lot, but you really have to try Becca if you haven't already! It's worth the price in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 11:01:00 PM More reviews by pink_stilettos

I thought MUFE loose powder was the best, but I was wrong! While I still need to blot my face like 2-3 times when I was using MUFE, this time with Laura Mercier's, I don't need to blot my face AT ALL! This powder blends seamlessly into the skin and it sets my makeup well, giving a nice natural glowing look. I love it!!