August 21, 2014 | 1516 users online

Skincare - Face - Beauticontrol - Cell Block C

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by jpoblete77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin looks brighter. However I am using this with the beauticontrol retinol system. Will update my review soon

***UPDATE*** I used with beauticontrol retinol system and it took 5 months for my face to recover. Not sure which is the culprit, but I read somewhere that you should not use vitamin c with retinol. Bad combination!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by doccyn

This review is for the Cell Block C Intensive Multivitamin face serum. It is the BEST product I have ever used on my face. I use it in the mornings before I apply my foundation, It makes your face feel smooth as silk and it helps absorb excess oil! It comes packaged in a small jar with 30 gold capsules. Each capsule holds just the right amount of product for your entire face and neck. I will definitely repurchase this product. Retail $35.00

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Daydremes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, I've noticed that Cell Block C hasn't been reviewed in a while. I know that some people had issue with its scent, but I haven't noticed that it is perfumed at all. Perhaps the formula has changed. I tend to be oily in the summer and dry in the winter, but I have no problem using it year round, morning and night. I use the AM formula during the day, even when I'm indoors, because I work under flourescent lights, which are not good for the skin. I use the PM formula at night. No other moisturizer is necessary for me. I also love the fact that the Vitamin C encourages the regeneration of new cells, for youger looking skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by JeneenL

I bought this product off of Ebay after reading the reviews on here. I liked it b/c of the sunscreen and how so many said it didn't break them out. I have very sensitive skin. I don't use this for it's anti aging claims, I only use it when I am going to be outside in the sun and it works great. I have not had any sunburn and no break outs. I would certainly buy this again just for the SPF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The Cell Block-C Night Cream is...amazing. After I put it on my face, my face LITERALLY glows. It looks and feels amazing, and I've had no breakouts. It makes my skin look glowing and refreshed.

The Cell Block C Day Moisturizer with SPF 20 is even better. I put it on, and my face feels refreshed and comfortable --- not at all greasy like with most sunscreens. The only thing I do not like is that it has an orange scent (I feel that it is weird to put perfume-y products on the face, but whatever).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 3:47:00 PM More reviews by 5kids4us

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product and have used it for years. It's been updated and the new formula and packaging is even better. It contains titanium dioxide for the sunscreen and it is one of the few sunscreens I can use on my face with my oily skin.

***************************
I just wanted to add a comment that there are four different products in the Cell Block C line. All are in dark orange packaging. (The former versions were in white). Each of the four are totally different!! My review above is for the AM (morning) product labeled "New Cell Protection SPF 20". It's essentially a daily sunscreen with anti-aging benefits.

I also adore the Intensive Multivitamin Face Serum as it declogs pores and leaves the face silky smooth. It can double as a foundation primer. At $38 retail for 30 capsules it is BeautiControl's most expensive product on a per use basis. But I thought the results were worth it if you need to declog your face.

My skin is too oily for me to use the "PM Cell Protection" cream. I've also not needed the Intensive Brightening Elixir so I cannot comment on them.

I just didn't want people to be confused by the reviews since it appears that there are reviews for the different products under this one heading.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by krsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only use this in the morning before putting on makeup. The smell isn't offensive to me at all, actually, I don't even notice it. It goes on very smooth, a little goes a long way on my oily skin. Love that it has vitamin C and ss and doesn't break me out like most moisturizers. Would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 12:33:00 AM More reviews by lipglossjunkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use both the daytime and the nighttime versions of this cream. The daytime one is my HG because its moisturizing without being greasy, goes on nicely under my foundation, and contains SPF so that I do not burn! It's a nice way to be able to apply sunscreen without it being greasy, smelly, or without making my makeup slide off of my face. The nighttime version is nice as well, but a lot heavier. I only use it once in awhile when I'm feeling like I need a thicker night cream. I only wish it was easier to buy Beauticontrol without a rep trying to force a spa down your throat.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 11:05:00 PM More reviews by LisaLat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use both cell block C spf for the day and cell block C pm for night. I have tried so many spf moisturizers and so many of them cause me to break out or itch. This one is light and goes on easy. It's perfect for under make up. The tube looks small but it does seem to last me a long time. Cell block C pm is a godsend for me, especially living in Dallas. When I moved here from up North I found that my skin was starting to dry out. Again, I tried several night time brands and was not satisfied. I faithfully use this product and my skin never dries out. Furthermore, I have to say that since they changed the formula (packaging is now orange and white), I like these products even better than before. I can not understand why others did not like the scent. I feel it is very light and pleasant. I should mention also that my younger sister who still lives up North has tried my spf cell block C and now can use no other product. And she is picky, picky!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Wnd1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely sensitive skin, and this is the only product with a good sunscreen I've found to use on a daily basis which doesn't break out my skin. I have auburn hair, pale skin and generally burn, burn, burn, but this really helps! The vitamin C is protected by the tube (no air can ruin the anti-oxidant qualities), which is important, too.