April 24, 2014 | 910 users online

Fragrances - Tommy Hilfiger - T Girl (NOT the same asTommy Girl)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by greencurry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a more a tale of my ignorance than a proper review. That said, you have been forewarned. I have just received my end of a swap for this frag. Yes, the lovely K. listed T Girl correctly; I didn't realize the difference between this and Tommy Girl, which is what I thought I'd be receiving. I had wrongly assumed that maybe she was a little lazy in the typing department.

So I've been patiently awaiting the arrival of my 5-star "samovar on the boil + Native American botanicals" juice, and I receive this. Neglecting to recur to our trusty MUA for reference and reviews, I jump to the conclusion that it's either outdated packaging of Tommy Girl or a swap meet fake. I spray it anyway. Smells good, like...anise! Licorice! Methinks I have an American substitute for one of my favored bottles, Caron Eau de Reglisse.

I bop over to my laptop and enter T Girl. Ladies and gentlemen, don't do this even if you are more urbane than I. You will be surprised at the unsummonsed images that appear on your screen. I'm an avid reader of urbandictionary.com, but I had no idea. IMO, the people behind Tommy Hilfiger's frags know exactly what they're doing in this regard. There are likely a gaggle of T Girls in the marketing department who've been having quite a laugh on the squeaky clean Americana populace for the past several years. You go, guys...I mean, girls!

Anyhoo, this fragrance is not my cup of tea (b/c it isn't the "samovar on the boil" Tommy Girl I thought I'd swapped for) after the licorice blast fades, but I HAVE learned to read swap listings more carefully and not to Google seemingly innocuous terms...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by DaniG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got Tgirl shower gel as a 'gift with purchase' YEARS ago and I have loved it ever since. Much better than Tommy Girl. I get LOADS of compliments every time I wear this. I like very few scents but this is one of them. Since my beloved Happy To Be has been discontinued, I am afraid TGirl will be also. So I bought loads of both scents on EBay. Hopefully by the time I have used them up, I'll find something else I love. This is a very clean, fresh, yet feminine scent. Not nearly as girly as my beloved Lou Lou or Bath and Body Works Peony, but this is an awesome scent if you want feminine yet clean and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 9:43:00 PM More reviews by MetalMusicGirl

I have this along with Tommy Girl. My mom got this for me years ago. I love it I wear it occasionally I haven't in forever but I do remember it smells good, not as nice as tommy girl but its good to change it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2008 6:40:00 AM More reviews by juad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fresh, green, very grassy, young, joyful, transparent, cold and light. Perfect for summer. A bunch of floxes + grass + a few petals of rose/or maybe peony. Very similar to Tommy Girl Summer Cologne 2004, but more feminine and flowery.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2008 3:52:00 AM More reviews by eiviz

Yuck, really bad scent. REALLY. Suits for using as an air freshener or something.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Ismellyummy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can not stand this scent. It gives me a headache. On others it smells nice and clean, however on me instant migraine not just me but for those around me. I always apply with a light hand because I love the heavy orientals that require a loving, yet gentle hand. This fragrance is like an assault to my nose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2005 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Designkelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This isn't soo bad, but its not the best either. I received this as a gift. I do not like any sort of floral scents and this can be best described as a light, fresh, clean with a slight ocean/masculine smell. I use it everyday after the shower and it lasts long enough for me and doesn't overpower. But I have to say, there is something lacking with it and I can't quite decide what. I guess thats why I gave it 3 stars.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2004 8:48:00 AM More reviews by apjagscheer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay scent, I recomend for people who like strong scents. Kind of masculine scent, in the girliest way!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2004 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Quicky_Ramirez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

got 2 samples of it ^^ smells really fresh, with a light citrus touch. very similar to the smell of the lancome gloss focus (if anyone knows how that gloss smells). a nice everyday scent, I'll buy it in a duty free shop perhaps, if I'll run out of my samples.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2003 11:06:00 PM More reviews by tanmh_88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a nice scent, but i like Tommy Girl better. it doesn't really represent my character.