November 25, 2014 | 1781 users online

Eye Shadow - Kesalan Patharan - Trio #148 (beige/orange/brown)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2006 2:45:00 AM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm always down for trying new make-up lines and this is my first eyeshadow trio from Kesalan Parathan. It composes of a taupe-ish brown, medium orange, and light beige - all shimmery though the beige shade seems to have more discernible silver micro-glitters. The colors themselves are all decently pigmented - go on evenly and are a cinch to blend into one another. The brown shade is a bit more lacking than the others but that's okay since I love the combo with the orange. Now here's the downside - the shadows aren't very creamy, quite powdery - in that they don't particularly adhere very well to my eyelid even with a primer. Fading is inevitable after a few hours and it's tricky to build up the color should you desire a bit more intensity. The packaging is a bit awkward - a circular pot built into a square bottom with a clear screw on top. Not exactly attractive or user-friendly, but it's doable of course. I actually acquired this for half the retail price so it was a steal of a deal. I can definitely see myself taking this trio along on trips since it's so small and convenient. However I don't think I would repurchase this again at retail since the colors aren't that unique and I like eyeshadows that a little bit more pliable in texture. I am definitely interested in trying more Kesalan Parathan trios now though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2005 2:09:00 AM More reviews by jarjar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This trio consist of a light shimmery beige, shimmery pumpkin skin orange and a shimmery dark brown. They are very pigmented especially the pumpkin skin orange, you could easy over put the color. It looks very beautiful from the pot but I find it very hard to use especially the pumpkin skin orange. The dark brown is great as liner and the light beige is great as base & highlight but the orange just look odd on me. Maybe my skill on e/s is too lousy for this. It is a good value for money since you get 3 colors for a price of 1 and KP e/s quality is superb.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2004 3:43:00 PM More reviews by dana

This is my favorite eyeshadow trio ever. The beige color is perfect- it has a golden quality to it with light sparkles- perfect for everyday or even for nights on the town (paired with dark eyeliner) The brown is gorgeous- deep and smokey- perfect for smokey eyes. The orange is true orange but it can be toned down to a nice peach color. These shadows have unparalled lasting power. I will definitely get more!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2004 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I am not a fan of this trio. I find the colors to be on the "every line has the same shades". THe off white is more of a pale gold, brown is just brown and the ugly orange is just a average peachy orange shade. Nothing spectacular here. I found the brown a little hard to blend and this trio just didnt pop for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2003 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Kurt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh My God this thing ROCKS its almost as good as Chanel, with much better staying power and loads cheaper (Chanel has better texture)!!! I thought Shu Uemura and MAC was good and now, I didn't even wanna get near those 2... I was addicted to KP eyeshadow the moment I tried them at the counter, it looked soooooo gorgeous I love the colour as well as the texture. Of course I did try out other shades too and man I definitely regret doing so coz I couldn't make up my mind which one I'm gonna buy I wanna buy them all !!! Anyway, I bought this Trio #148 since I don't have any of those colours. I put beige (which in my observation, appears more like a yellowish gold rather than beige) all over my eyelids which acts as a base colour, then apply orange on the outer edge of my lids, lastly apply brown on my eyeline. The look is stunning !! And the fun part is with 3 colours, you can come up with loads of combinations, and create different effects/looks. The colours are so shimmery/shiny, its quite highly pigmented you don't have to put lots for the colour to show up and it has excellent staying power can last you all day without smearing whatsoever. I will definitely re-purchase but maybe a different shade, simply wanna try out some other shades...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2003 10:35:00 AM More reviews by pnlaw

Perfect trio for the golden bronzey look! The middle shade (orange) looks scary in the packaging but it looks goldish orange on my tanned skin. Love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2003 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jessloh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ikky described the colours perfectly. The colour which I love most in the trio is the orange one. It's really not as scary as it looks. In fact, it borders on being pretty! Used on the outer corners with the middle green in trio 146, the combo is simply smashing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2003 7:11:00 AM More reviews by ikky

This is my first KP trio, and started my running KP addiction. These colors are all infused with golden shimmers. The beige one has sparkles slightly larger than shimmer, the application looks like an area strewn with diamonds. The orangy color is quite orange with golden sheen, might be scary to a lot of people, but I love orange eyeshadows, and this one can be both sheer and quite strong. The brown is somewhat a neutral brown with gold shimmer in it. It's amazing in the crease. KP shadows are all pigmented, fine, and unique. This one is no exception.