Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 30

3.1

PPD: 11.5, Active Ingredients: Ensulizole (2.0%),Octocrylene (7.5%),Zinc Oxide (1.9%) Water,Glycerin,Isohexadecane,Butyloctyl Salicylate,Cyclopentasiloxane,PEG 100 Stearate,Glyceryl Stearate,Cetearyl Alcohol,Dimethicone,Triethanolamine,Behenyl Alcohol,Sodium Hyaluronate,Codium Tomentosum,BHT,Tocopherol,Calcium Pantothenate,Bisabolol,Dicetyl Phosphate,Ceteth 10 Phosphate,Propylene Glycol,Butylene Glycol,Trimethylolpropane Triethylhexanoate,Caprylic/CapricTriglyceride,Sodium Acrylates Copolymer,Xanthan Gum,Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben,Ethylparaben,Propylparaben,Isobutylparaben,Butylparaben

on 2/20/2013 4:12:00 PM

This is definitely a sunscreen and not a moisturizer. It feels like a heavy sunscreen, smells very strongly of it, and absorbs poorly. It is not something to wear as a daily moisturizer. Since I already bought it, I will use it when I go to the beach but not under other circumstances.

To be fair, once you go into the SPF 30+ category, it is hard for a moisturizer to fully cover up that sunscreen feel and smell, but this is one of the worst.

on 1/22/2013 11:20:00 AM

First off I loved that this product has a 30spf rating which is great but I find it too much for the winter time here in Canada as there isn't that much sun. This product did make my pores look larger and made my face slightly greasy so much so that it made it difficult to apply any type of foundation afterward. However, that can be fixed by patting on a powder.
Great price for the quality of the packaging and the amount provided.
Will put it in the cupboard and bring it out when the days become much longer.
In the meantime I've switched to Ombrelle's 15spf for my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Eww. Just eww. It's thick and just sits there on my face and makes me smell like a used beach towel. It's basically a glorified sunscreen, and if that's all you're looking there's better stuff out there. It never really absorbed into my skin, made my makeup look horrible and it the sunscreen smell never fades. Ever. I was ultimately trying to find a good moisturizer that's higher than SPF 15 and this is notttttt it.

on 10/17/2012 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was an okay product for me...it wasn't anything special. I actually thought it just felt like regular sunscreen, but in a smaller, more expensive tube. It looked shiny on my face, and my pores looked huge (normally, they're not very visible). When the product was fully absorbed, my face didn't feel any more moisturized than if I had used plain sunscreen.
Then...a small amount of sweat made the product run into my eyes. IT BURNED. The more that I tried to wipe it away (so more wouldn't get into my eyes), the more that it stung. I mean, seriously....even the aerosol sunscreen sprays don't sting that bad when they run!

on 8/2/2012 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is an excellent example of why you don't have to spend department store prices to get quality skincare. This sunscreen doesn't break me out, doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy or oily, protects me from the sun and it's cheap! Excellent, love it, will repurchase forever.

This really isn't a moisturizer, just a sunscreen. It has a very distinct sunblock smell. It feels very greasy and it leaves my face looking shiny. Not moisturizing, but still too thick to put on my face. Did not do what it claimed to do, and it was terrible even as just a sunscreen. I will not buy this again.

on 5/27/2012 12:25:00 PM

Since its basically summer finding a good moisturizer with SPF is essential. With my oily skin, its hard to find a daily lotion that doesn't increase my oiliness. Often face lotions with SPF are extra greasy and make my oily face look extra shiny. I picked this lotion up hoping it wouldn't do what I was dreading to my face. Unfortunately, for my oily skin this does not work for me. It simply makes my face looks like a greaseball. This just did not work for my skin type.

on 12/31/2011 8:17:00 PM

I was looking for a moisturiser that had sun protection qualities with it and because I heard some decent reviews about this product, I decided to give it a go.

Boy was I regretting it.

Once applied to my face, it immediately felt greasy and did not have that supple, soft feel I usually have without moisturiser on. Two days later, I had this breakout on my upper lip, which was enormous. I have normal skin and so the product must have been extremely greasy to cause my skin to breakout as badly as it did.

I did not notice any real change with regards to the moisturising aspect as my skin just felt greasy point blank.

Have I said this product was greasy yet?

on 11/15/2011 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only sunscreen I've tried that hasn't made me Breakout. It isn't as greasy as normal sunscreen but it still has a sheen which looks dewy and healthy rather than oily. It doubles as my primer as well as being a moisturizer/sunscreen. Good product!

on 8/26/2011 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really liked this product.
It was moisturizing, but not oily so my skin stayed dewy, not shiny looking (and I have oily skin that gets disgustingly shiny). It absorbed quickly, and left my skin feeling soft.
It is a very good hot-warm weather moisturizer because it is light weight (great for Toronto summers), but probably will not be heavy enough for the cold dry weather.

Popular Moisturizers