Ulta Nail Polish

3.5

on 3/20/2015 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Some background...I can't wear nail polish. Or I can, but my nails break super fast with polish. I also work stocking and volunteer with animals and clean a lot a home, so I never have polish that lasts very long anyway. Generally I just do my toes or especially my kids nails. I saw the color in Indigo-go Girl, and though it's all glittery, it is pretty and I knew the kids would love it. (I love it too). But since I really can't wear polish I don't want to spend a lot of money on mine or the kids polish. So I got this while there was a $2 sale also. And I use the store coupons so it's even less. I picked up Lilac-ing You and Tutu Cute as well.

I tried the Lilac first, and I did find it was a little streaky and a little thick on applicaion even though it seems watery in the bottle. It could be because I mixed a little of another nail polish color in the bottle to make it less pink, or maybe because it's a lighter color. But it seemed to dry ok, more smooth and even and it even was pretty shiny. It only took two coats. I put the glitter on top of one nail and it looks great. I don't expect it to last since no polish does on me, so for that I think under $2 is a good deal. I see pretty nail polishes that are $10 and up and I get tempted but I definitely should stick to things like this.

I don't think I'd pay the full $6 for it. Maybe just because it's not high on my list of wants, but I also think it's about Sally Hanson quality, but it costs more normally.

This review is for the salon formula nail lacquer line. I bought a few because it was on sale for $2. Don't like the brush. Applies somewhat streaky. Not opaque (especially the yellow one in the color: Sun-Sational). Some of the lighter colors like the yellow and baby pink takes about 3 coats. I don't mind the 3 coats but it chipped on me within a day. I don't have that problem with most polishes, so it's not my top coat. I will not repurchase. I feel like it is a waste of time to apply these polishes, if i have to change it in 3-4 days. I usually like to wear a polish for at least 7 days before changing it. Changing nail polish every 3-4 days can be damaging to the nails.

on 12/9/2013 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is for the color "Chic Peek" which is a sheer brown with silver microglitter. The formula is a bit thick, and I have to wait longer than usual between coats. But it's a really nice color and I look forward to using up the bottle. Use 3-4 coats to get the bottle color.

on 11/10/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Color: Devious. It's a dark purple. Looks great. Covers in one coat. However it chips like the devil. I tried various brands of top/base coats that I have in my stash and it made no difference. Really a shame because the color is terrific.

on 8/6/2013 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Every polish I buy from Ulta is amazing! The color is lush and creamy, the polish spreads well, it lasts a long time. Bonus: the prices are great! Ulta has sales all the time 2 for $5 or 3 for $6 on their products which are mix and match. Why buy polish thats more expensive at the drugstore? Also you can try the polish at Ulta to see if it works for you. Def recommond!

on 4/20/2013 12:50:00 AM

I got this in "Fuschiamania" for free with my rewards points. I wasn't expecting much, but this is a really good polish. The first coat was a little streaky but the second was fine. It has good wear time, and I love the bottle, it's cute lol. The color looks red on the web site for some reason, but it's a creamy fuschia in reality.

on 9/6/2012 11:27:00 PM

I bought eye popping poppy and I must say it is a beautiful color . It's like an orange pink red, doesn't pull too much of any of the colors, just a beautiful mix. But the polish is way too thin. I need about 4 coats to just get opacity from the polish. i do love the color, but it makes me hesitant to try other ulta colors, I'll stick with my trusted revlon and Essie nail polishes from now on

on 7/14/2012 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I'm so enamored with the Ulta polish I just picked up, in the shade "Oh!" Being not a fan of orange-y cosmetics, Oh! is the first "orange-y" polish I've ever actuallly LIKED. Imagine a creamy pale (but not too pale) orange sherbet shade infused with a fine spun-gold shimmery GLOW. Sooo beautiful and perfect for summer! I also found an apricot Ulta lipstick that matches the shade super well... it's #204. Both the polish and lipstick are surprisingly elegant formulas, attractively packaged. For the price, they truly can't be beat. I've used nail polishes that cost five times as much, and don't go on as well. The polish takes a bit longer than is ideal to fully dry, but is very forgiving going on, and it's long lasting. It goes on as smooth and level as Chanel polish, no joke!... with no bubbling. "Oh!" is not a streaky polish, even at one coat, so you can wear it sheer or go for two coats which will get you the same gorgeous "sunlit sherbet" shade you see in the bottle. This is my first Ulta polish and I'm sure I'll be back for another! The shade selection is quite nice, and if you like subtle shimmers as much as I do, you'll be in polish heaven.

on 10/24/2011 10:25:00 PM

I bought one of these at Christmas and I am so impressed! I find like nearly all nail polish chips on me within a couple days. Nothing lasts. But this does! I have a little tip wear but no chipping! :) Love it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was expecting the quality of this polish to not be that great, but I was wrong. I got the color "Sweetheart pink" it stayed on for about 7 days didn't chip or anything definitely long wearing. The only downside is the top to it broke off and constantly came unattached.