April 16, 2014 | 1059 users online

Cleansers - Kanebo - Naive Sengan Foam

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I have been using the same tube as my daily cleanser since last summer and I am currently sharing it with my little sister, otherwise I think it would have lasted me forever! Less than a pea-size amount of this can cover the face completely once you add a little water, so it's worth the $4-6 to be able to use this for about a full year.
I bought this cleanser in peach, and since they're slightly fragrant I'm not so sure I'd recommend this for sensitive skin. But for those who are acne-prone, it does contain salycic acid, and I've never had my occasional pimples for more than a day while I was using this. It can be a little drying or leave a tight-skin feeling, so those with naturally dry skin or combination skin that dries during the winter should moisturize after using this. Those with oilier skin might not have to worry about moisturizing after cleansing.
The packaging for this cleanser is standard—tall, slim tube and enough product for at least a year's use. After a while the dispenser can get a little bit messy as dried foam can cake around the dispenser but it's really easy to remove.
Also, I'm not sure that this was intended was a makeup remover but at best it can remove lightly applied base makeup. Naive has a Deep Facial Cleanser that I will be trying next, which is intended to remove makeup and cleanse in one step. But for those with combo to oily who just need an economical cleanser and don't mind a little fragrance, I recommend this! And for those with dry skin, again this is good as long as you moisturize afterward.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love eveything from Naive range! Perhaps it is because I'm Asian that these Jap products really suit. It is dirt cheap~ and the tube lasts you for very very long...it just like never going to be used up. It could be a bit drying to use in the morning but it is great when use in the afternoon after a sweaty day out. I like the smell and it's foaming, rubs easily and feels soft.
Will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2006 8:38:00 PM More reviews by kyubikitsy

I currently use this as my daily facial cleanser - I don't wear much make-up. I purchased the green tea version and it has a light scent - it actually has more of the menthol-ish smell. It goes on much like a foam cleanser - thick at first and lathers nicely and if left on for a little while, has a cooling sensation (especially good for hot summery days). When rinsed off, it has a slight "powdery texture" feel. Overall, my skin feels clean. I often moisturize immediately after my wash my face as sometimes it can be over-drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2003 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sephyoo

A great, cheap, and effective product :) Found in most Asian grocery stores.. i love this face wash.. it is a little drying for my normal skin it didn't clog up my pores (but i did have acne but it wasn't from this) The scent is floral, light and clean. Creamy texture but a little hard to lather up w/ a washcloth. Overall the tube design made it convient to dispense :)