April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Scrubs - Karin Herzog - Mild Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Emhunt

I have used this for a couple of weeks and it is ok. It does feel like it scrubs well and actually removes dead skin however I have stopped using it now. It left a residue on the bridge of my nose and on my chin. I rinsed my face in the shower but still had to use a cloth to wipe the rest off! Even then, it still felt like my face was clogged with the stuff. Not the best for the price either.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by 00R00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing fantastic, considering the price and hype. I actually felt it left residue on my face - could be the mineral oil, perhaps? I much prefer Renee Rouleau AHA BHA cleansing gel or even Peter Thomas Roth AHA BHA scrub (both products are very similar to one another, but I prefer the Renee Rouleau as it is sulfate-free and I believe, delivers superior results). The one thing I like about this product, is the sleek packaging. But alas, glossy packaging doesn't give you perfect skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2007 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Ninanuk

I bought this because of the marble grains - I have eczema and my face is sensitive, and I thought this would be a good bet. I like it fine - I didn't use it and feel like it changed my world, but I also never felt over-scrubbed or stiripped. It is the best exfoliator I have ever used (the other ones being the 7-day scrub by clinique and the st ives apricot scrub - yuck), but I am running out and am not sure if I will buy it again. It's not a lot for your buck. It did well by me for the summer months, but I think once fall rolls around I will be back to the washcloth.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2007 3:28:00 PM More reviews by lilypink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

You don't get alot of product for your money with this scrub but that's it's only drawback. I have now found a number of scrubs which I like alot (including Origins Modern Friction, Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and Ren Jojoba Bead Scrub) but the Karin Herzog Mild Scrub has been one of my favourites for years. It's a very 'dry' paste and as such is probably the 'best bet' for oily skins as it really doesn't cause breakouts at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by evilkim

This is by far the finest scrub I have ever used. I love that it doesn't irritate your skin or overdry it. I mainly use it on my t-zone, as I tend to have quite a lot of blackheads due to my combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2006 4:08:00 PM More reviews by 786ash786

I use this scrub around 4-5 times per week in the mornings mixed in with the Karin Herzog soft cleansing milk, - and I have got to say it is one of the best out there. Also, I use it at night sometimes mixed in with the Chocolate cleansing cream. It is great. Chuck away your high-street exfoliants. Grounded white marble is THE way to beautiful skin without irritation. Overall rating: 5. It is fairly expensive for a scrub but you get what you pay for. And this for me is a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2006 1:18:00 PM More reviews by SuperNude

I have to say I was very sceptical about this product when I first felt it and tried it to the touch. I thought it would be way too harsh as you can definitely feel those marble granules. Assured by the blurb that they are perfectly spherical and cannot tear or damage the skin, I found the trick was to dilute with water or even better the KH cleansing cream and just use the smallest amount. I went to my facialist a few weeks later and she said my skin was in fantastic condition. I have always had oily/combination skin and been spot prone and I have to say the results speak for themselves. It is an incredibly expensive range for the basics - cleanser / toner/ scrub etc and the packaging I feel doesn't match the pricing. But I would and have bought again purely for the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2006 9:34:00 PM More reviews by whyujin

I've only recently discovered the Karin Herzog and so far I'm in love. I used up a whole tube of this on a 3 week biz trip, and owe it big time. It's the most effective physical scrub I've discovered....takes off the flakies and keeps cystic acne at bay. I rebought a whole 'basic skin care' set just to restock my mild scrub supply.

Quite fine scrub, feels slightly dry to the touch, so you can add water for easier handling. Love love love it! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2004 1:14:00 PM More reviews by uglypug

I've been using this as part of a set so it's difficult to work out which products are having the good effects! (which is how they get you to spend more money no doubt!) The karin herzog range has massively impoved my skin, but i doubt i would repurchase this scrub as i found it a bit too harsh (ironically enough). For most people it's probably fine, as it's not scratchy as such, but because my skin is very thin (!) and prone to broken veins i'm wary of using any scrubs regularly. I think you could find better scrubs for a lot less money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2004 11:24:00 PM More reviews by MedusasSnakePit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ooh wow, by far THE best exfoliant I have ever used in my life. The granules are so finely crushed so that there was no irritation on my uber-sensitive skin. Left my skin positively glowing and soft. with daily use saw an improvement when used in conjunction with the oxygen face cream especially. Outstanding recommendation!