August 20, 2014 | 1036 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Estee Super Cologne Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by svprior

I read that Miss Lauder was inspired to make this perfume when she was at a party and noticed the light from two crystal chandeliers shimmering in a glass of champagne (which explains the bottle design - the new design). This is such a classy scent - it has a very appealing soapiness - clean, floral, sensuous - there's definitely a rose in there too! Going on compliment factor, out of all my perfumes, this is the one that most folk comment on. Try is next time you pass Estee Lauder - they have a lot of classics hidden under the counter!!! Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 5:07:00 AM More reviews by hadas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My review is for the vintage Estee Super cologne. I understand that it was reformulated around 2008 - and not in a good way.

This fragrance, if worn extremely sparingly, is stunning. Composed in the late 1960s by perfume legend Bernard Chant, who also composed Cabochard and Aromatics Elixir, Estee begins as a thick bouquet of lily/rose/carnation, pollinated by waxy aldehydes, and dries down warm and woody. This cologne is incredibly strong, concentrated stuff with big monstrous sillage, so I'm lucky that my vintage bottle is the splash bottle so I can control the amount I apply. I shudder to think of people actually spraying this. Please believe me when I tell you that literally only half a drop touched between the wrists is enough. When worn sparingly in this way, after drying down for a couple hours, the most subtle, sublime scent of autumn leaves and burnt woods (my father says it smells like "oak bark". lol) begins to emerge, wafting up seductively from the wrist. I take this accord to be composed of cedar, oakmoss, styrax, and musk. It's truly breathtaking and mysterious. But when over-applied it smells like and remains for a long time a cloyingly fresh floral, heady and headache-inducing, and loses much of its charm for me. A great slogan for this fragrance would be: Just a half a drop - if considering more, STOP.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a powdery floral fragrance. The Super Cologne spray is lighter in concentration. This is a good every day scent. My mother wore it all the time until 2008, when she bought a bottle and Estee had been reformulated! I noticed this as well, and the new version is very cloying and not so nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by an9979

After reading all the rave reviews here, I went out and purchased this and I'm sooo glad I did. A very lovely fragrance with staying power. As others have said, it is clean scent with powdery and floral notes. It is one of the few fragrances that I can spray on before bed and drift off nicely to sleep without it inducing a headache or irritating my breathing. I always get compliments on this, and of my 20+ collection of fragrances, I always go back to this one. It seems that few people know or wear this one from EL, maybe because it is an older fragrance that Estee created decades ago. I never smell it on others or hear of anyone I know wearing it. It's Estee Lauder's best kept secret.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by magicalhope

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

another of my all time favourite perfumes. This is one I always go back to. Just smells so good and feminine and has super lasting power. It's a very clean scent but I wouldn't call it soft. A little goes a long ways.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Except for an outrageous splurge at the B&BW & VS semi-annual sales(bought $70 worth of products that I don't even use - insert eye roll smiley) and a 3 day fling with Bvlgari Voile de Jasmin, I ended up wearing Estee Pure Fragrance Spray all Summer long! <--- That's really saying something considering I own at least 30 fragrances and seldom wear the same thing 2 days in a week let alone a whole season.

There were times I had to put it away though because it is soooooo STRONG and long lasting that I could smell it in my bedroom before I even got there(only 1 spray a day). But during the times I didn't wear it I would still take the cap off of the bottle and sniff it. Several times. A day. Weird. o_O

Like others have stated it is a clean, romantic feminine scent with a touch of powder. It's like you took a shower, put on some powder and romantic perfume all in one. The price is low, the strength and staying power are PHENOMENAL! I'm shocked at how well this stays on and how much sillage I get from it - my skin is of the perfume killing variety. However, most Estee Lauder scents are sillage kings and longevity lords at affordable prices, something more costly fragrance houses could learn from(take THAT Chanel :-p ).

I will definitely repurchase when my bottle runs out.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this scent exclusively for about 10 years!! I just smelled it again a few weeks ago and instantly was taken back to a memory of a very torrid love affair. I'm not ready to wear it again just now, but I think I will always love this special fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Brid1

I purchased this for 23 - a steal - after many many sprays and being unsure if I wanted to own it or not. I am so glad I did as it has become everything I wanted it to be. Most reviews have already commented on its strengths and I don't think it has any weaknesses, I love the fact that it lingers for so long, even on a scarf I wore yesterday which is draped on a kitchen chair, as I passed by earlier I can still get a waft, delicious. I want to spray this in the air so I can smell it all the time!

Love it, love it, love it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the pure fragrance spray. Out of all the Estee Lauder scents, Estee in the pure fragrance spray, surpasses all other Estee scents in regards to potency, strength, and lasting power. I sprayed this on over 24 hours ago and it is still going strong. I dont have to put my wrist in front of my arm to smell it, it still comes wafting up after spraying it on over 24 hours ago. I've never come across a fragrance that had that kind of lasting ability but Estee has it. It's hard for me to pick out any individual note but i just realized the note that stands out mos to me is gardenia. I dont know for sure if gardenia is a note in Estee but it smells like it to me. Primarily, though, Estee is very powderey and soapy. I mean that in a good way. Try to imagine Ivory soap, Johnsons baby powder, and gardenia mixed together and that might give you an idea of what Estee is like.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by spitfireangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Estee is my husbands favorite fragrance, and I love it too! I have purchased both the super cologne, the regular cologne, body lotion and the body powder. I love them all. My husband calls this fragrance pure class! I think it smells like hairspray, but in a GOOD way. I have to give it a good review, but I love the fact that I NEVER ever smell it on other people, and I reallly don't want that to change!