April 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by definesinister

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, this is a great product. You would still need a makeup remover and a nice toner to get rid of excess traces of makeup. Prior to using this, I was battling adult cystic acne. My problem was not finding the right products to remove all traces of makeup. At first I tried Lancome Comfort Milky cleanser to remove makeup. It wasn't until I hit up a shiseido counter to pick up some red lipstick and liner, that I tried this face cleanser. The saleslady had a promotional gift for the pureness and benefiance line. She suggested pureness, but I asked for bemefiance because it came with two creams and the face wash and toner. I was more curious about the face wash and toner, just see all the hype. I would say after incorporating both into the regimen, I haven't turned back and I actually bought the full sized product. Still after milk cleanser, face cleanser, and toner I still see traces of makeup. However, the only bumps I encountered are hormonal. No itchy face, not much raised bumps even wearing makeup everyday. The only thing I have is post red marks. FYI... I used the enriched toner. With shiseido products, generally you hear reviews that vary. So I suggest to at least give it a sample run and see how your body reacts. I think I might switch it back to regular powdery foundation (Currently using a powder foundation from Pola). If you guys have any suggestions on a good makeup remover, send it my way!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTsai

It gently exfoliates my face and my neck. My face becomes silky smooth after I use this lovely cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by laurore44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product daily for a few months and I'm about halfway through the tube.

This is a great product. It cleans like a foam but leaves my face feeling as if I cleaned it with a creamy cleansing milk. It leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated, not tight, but not greasy either.

I took off one lippie because the "exfoliating beads" are completely ineffective and unnecessary, and they are bad for the environment. (They are barely there, so please don't think this is a scrub of any kind. It's not abrasive at all.)

I remove my eye makeup before washing gently with this cleanser. (Just massaging with hands, no cloths or brushes.) All it takes is a pea-sized amount to clean all the remaining makeup off my face.

I have moderately sensitive skin, but this cleanser does not irritate it.

I will definitely repurchase. This is HG material for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't buy high end skin care because my skin can't tolerate them and the high price tags are usually not justified in comparison to the results, at least for me.
But (you knew there would be a but) this cleanser might be the exception.
I've been using a gwp size of this cleanser these past few months and I'm definitely impressed. I avoid anything 'cleansing foam' because they usually dry out my skin and aggravate my rosacea but not Shiseido's Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam.

I only use it at night to remover makeup with a babycloth from The Body Shop and my skin feels clean but not stripped dry. I usually do another light cleanse with CeraVe hydrating cleanser mixed with CeraVe foaming cleanser to remove any reside makeup after using the Shiseido cleanser. My skin has never looked better.
I find the mild exfoliation helps my skin look more radiant but as always, ymmv.

A little goes a long with this cleanser. I use just a dime size of product and it produces a nice lather that doesn't irritate my eyes.
There is fragrance but I don't mind it. (and I'm very sensitive to fragrance)

I just got gwp size of this cleanser which will last me another few months and maybe I'll consider getting the full size. I took off one lipstick for the price tag.

My skin type is sensitive with rosacea, normal to dry in the winter and normal to oily in the summer.
If you're looking for a cleanser that removes makeup and don't mind paying the high price tag, this one is worth considering.

EDIT to add:
Of course my skin is becoming sensitive to this cleanser after a few months of nightly use. While I still love it, I realize I can't use it daily, at least not every day for more than a couple of months at a time. At least I didn't pay full price for the full size tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by SweetestKiwi

I followed my mom and started using this years ago. It is not cheap to use daily so I use it only twice to four times a week. It exfoliates very gently and I like this a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by c1wall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All my life acne, large, large pores and dry skin has been an issue for me. Recently I am starting to feel my age... at almost 36 years old I want my skin to look better than it does.
I use retin a micro at night and am not afraid to spend money on skin care that actually works. I have read reviews and read Cosmetic C@& reviews until my lil eyes couldn't take it anymore.
I found Shiseido Benefiance creamy cleansing foam at a local Marshalls for $25 and figured it was worth trying out. I did not have overly high expectations as usually I like to know that all makeup has been completely wiped clean from my face and "creamy" type cleansers in the past have made me feel like my face had a residue or not completely clean of makeup and grime from the day.
This cleanser does foam up well, it takes a VERY small amount to clean all traces of makeup off of your face. When you consider how much you need the price changes. You aren't washing your face with multiple pumps to get the same level of clean. The packaging is a nice clean tube. It strikes me hygenic and smart. I actually really like the smell a lot as well. I have sensitive skin but did not find it irratating at all. Some people will differ on this.... what can ya do?!
I have not had any breakouts from it and feel that it does a great job. Slight smoothing of those fine dryness lines that were starting to get my attention.
If

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by LiveHappily

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a flight attendant, people around me do check out what I use and keep in my luggage and makeup bags because they think that flight attendants know best about skincare. I notice that most of my coworkers use this as well so it has to work quite well of us, world traveler, to keep our skin at its best condition!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

Caroline Hirons doesn't recommend foaming cleansers and she is a big fan of balm cleansers. She has a point. ...After struggling with oily and now combination skin, I agree.....don't strip your skin of all oils, don't have squeaky clean skin because....ta da your own skin will kick in and produce more oil.The biggest surprise as a teenager was finding that Clarins Lotus oil helped me with my facial oil!
So call me product bi-polar. I generally use Eve Lom but .....sometimes after very long days, with PMT skin, having worn lots of makeup and hung out in grimy places, I just want to feel foam and water interact on my skin not a balm....so sorry Caroline.....

This cleanser doesn't leave my face feeling dry or squeaky clean after use. Just clean and soft. The product feels luxurious and I really love the smell. This is nothing like the most basic Shiseido cleanser that I used back in my teens that made my eyes sting and my cheeks dry out.
A little goes a long way and it works well with flannel/ muslin cloth or clarisonic.
I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by KKKarinaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although the packaging looks old school, it works on younger skin just as well. It is very gentle. The rich lathers take all of my makeup and mascara off. I like it a lot as a makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by CarrieGonzalez

One of my staples in my bathroom, Shiseido Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam is rich and lathers very well on my skin. I used this only 2-3 times a week in the last 10 years. I would only use this when I have a lot of time to clean my face because it is very wasteful to use such a luxurious cleanser if I only have 15 seconds in the bathroom. Great product if you are looking for a high end cleanser!