Shiseido Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam

water, stearic acid, peg-8, myristic acid, glycerin, potassium hydroxide, dipropylene glycol, lauric acid, glyceryl stearate se, sorbitol, cocamidopropyl betaine, polyethylene, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, phytosteryl macadamiate, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl gluatamate, sodium hyaluronate, peg-60 glyceryl isosstearate, talc, trisodium edta, ethylcellulose, tocopherol, sodium benzoate, parfum, ci 77492, cl 77491

on 8/20/2015 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My cousin got this for me as a gift, so I decided to use it nightly and I've seen such an improvement on my skin. I find my skin feels softer and just generally looks better than it did before. It lathers well, so a little goes a long way. On days that my skin is dry, I have to put hydrating moisturiser on right away, so if you have dry skin this might not be the product for you. Overall, I really love this product but I would not buy this myself as it's over my budget.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was so disappointing that I had to return it. I am a long time Shiseido fan and have used this in the past without issue so I am not sure if they changed their formula or if they are sourcing ingredients from a different place but this burnt my face and peeled it. It dried it out terribly and made it so tight that no amount of moisturizer could help. I wouldn't use this again if they paid me to. Not the worst I have used but up there.

on 11/12/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was looking for a cleanser that would at least hydrate my skin without stripping it dry like most do but this..... ugh like I swear I don't even know where to begin! To be fair, I tested this product twice! My skin felt extremely dry after I rinsed off the product. After I towel dried my face, that's when the itching and burning began. After two failed trials, I gave up instantly. The name sold me into grabbing a sample of this product but, thank goodness I didn't purchase it! In the garbage it goes.

on 9/19/2014 12:39:00 AM

Do not use this if you have dry/sensitive skin!!

This is a very strong cleanser, and although it did a good job cleaning all the dirt off of my face at first, it began to irritate my skin after prolonged use. I would get itchy, red spots and patches of dry skin under my eyes. If I had oily or tough skin, this might've been a fantastic choice. As someone with very sensitive skin though, it only made my face worse.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG cleanser! It removes what's left of makeup completely and gives my skin that squeaky-clean feeling. It lathers up into a thick foam so a little goes a long way. However the price is quite expensive and I would like to try some other cleansers so I won't be repurchasing.

on 6/10/2014 7:39:00 PM

A little goes a long way, really nice smell and haven't had a breakout since using. It leaves your face feeling a bit weird but after a tone and moisturise it's perfect!

on 6/3/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

sorry to say but this product does nothing but aggravate sensitive/allergic skin. I got caught up in the "extra creamy" tag line and took it for a cleanser that would clean my face without stripping it. Though my skin DOES NOT feel dry or tight, it itches SO BAD...would not purchase, don't recommend it. As all girls with sensitive/allergy prone skin out there could be so so hard to find a happy medium cleanser and moisturizer..unfortunately I thought this would do the trick but once again, it proves that more expensive products do not always deliver the best results...actually for skin like this, they tend to deliver the wooorst results.
Otherwise, I'll say that the smell is pleasant and the packaging rather nice so kudos at least for that :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall, this is a great product. You would still need a makeup remover and a nice toner to get rid of excess traces of makeup. Prior to using this, I was battling adult cystic acne. My problem was not finding the right products to remove all traces of makeup. At first I tried Lancome Comfort Milky cleanser to remove makeup. It wasn't until I hit up a shiseido counter to pick up some red lipstick and liner, that I tried this face cleanser. The saleslady had a promotional gift for the pureness and benefiance line. She suggested pureness, but I asked for bemefiance because it came with two creams and the face wash and toner. I was more curious about the face wash and toner, just see all the hype. I would say after incorporating both into the regimen, I haven't turned back and I actually bought the full sized product. Still after milk cleanser, face cleanser, and toner I still see traces of makeup. However, the only bumps I encountered are hormonal. No itchy face, not much raised bumps even wearing makeup everyday. The only thing I have is post red marks. FYI... I used the enriched toner. With shiseido products, generally you hear reviews that vary. So I suggest to at least give it a sample run and see how your body reacts. I think I might switch it back to regular powdery foundation (Currently using a powder foundation from Pola). If you guys have any suggestions on a good makeup remover, send it my way!!!

on 3/22/2014 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

UPDATE 2/28/2015: I'm still on the first tube! And I still love it, although I did have to take a break from it last summer. My skin is much oilier in the summer and I felt like this cleanser left a slight residue on my skin (which I didn't notice during colder months). I still feel like it is an excellent cleanser and I would repurchase it.
In my original review, I had mentioned "exfoliating beads". I now realize that these are actually beads containing beneficial ingredients which dissolve and treat your skin as you cleanse.

I've been using this product daily for a few months and I'm about halfway through the tube.

This is a great product. It cleans like a foam but leaves my face feeling as if I cleaned it with a creamy cleansing milk. It leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated, not tight, but not greasy either.

I remove my eye makeup before washing gently with this cleanser. (Just massaging with hands, no cloths or brushes.) All it takes is a pea-sized amount to clean all the remaining makeup off my face.

I have moderately sensitive skin, but this cleanser does not irritate it.

I will definitely repurchase. This is HG material for me.

on 3/13/2014 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't buy high end skin care because my skin can't tolerate them and the high price tags are usually not justified in comparison to the results, at least for me.
But (you knew there would be a but) this cleanser might be the exception.
I've been using a gwp size of this cleanser these past few months and I'm definitely impressed. I avoid anything 'cleansing foam' because they usually dry out my skin and aggravate my rosacea but not Shiseido's Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam.

I only use it at night to remover makeup with a babycloth from The Body Shop and my skin feels clean but not stripped dry. I usually do another light cleanse with CeraVe hydrating cleanser mixed with CeraVe foaming cleanser to remove any reside makeup after using the Shiseido cleanser. My skin has never looked better.
I find the mild exfoliation helps my skin look more radiant but as always, ymmv.

A little goes a long with this cleanser. I use just a dime size of product and it produces a nice lather that doesn't irritate my eyes.
There is fragrance but I don't mind it. (and I'm very sensitive to fragrance)

I just got gwp size of this cleanser which will last me another few months and maybe I'll consider getting the full size. I took off one lipstick for the price tag.

My skin type is sensitive with rosacea, normal to dry in the winter and normal to oily in the summer.
If you're looking for a cleanser that removes makeup and don't mind paying the high price tag, this one is worth considering.

EDIT to add:
Of course my skin is becoming sensitive to this cleanser after a few months of nightly use. While I still love it, I realize I can't use it daily, at least not every day for more than a couple of months at a time. At least I didn't pay full price for the full size tube.