Rimmel Double Act

3.6

on 8/16/2005 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Finally a mirror you can see your face in, and not just a cheek or a nose. Great packaging, confusing applicator but you get used to it, decent price.

I bought this in translucent and it does an adequate job. Doesn't leave a chalky finish - just presses away those oilies. I'll buy again.

on 7/8/2005 12:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got this at Big Lot's so I wonder if it may have been discontinued....?At any rate,its lovely stuff,the finish is great and does an excellent job on making my finished face look fantastic.

on 3/2/2005 7:55:00 PM

Awful, awful powder. It went on very opaque and chalky. The shae was wrong too, but I wouldn't bother going back to find the right one due to the thick, high matte coverage. I also don;t care for the fragrance.

on 12/30/2004 9:10:00 PM

This is actually nice powder for the price. Unfortunately, there's no room inside the compact for applicator sponge storage. The applicator that it comes with isn't worth using. The compact is solid with a big mirror. I bought the Translucent shade which was a mistake because it's more white than translucent on my face. I will try this powder again in a different shade.

on 12/4/2004 12:17:00 PM

I bought this because my previous favourite Rimmel powder, 1000 Caresses, has been discontinued - what a surprise! This claims to be longlasting but i find it vanished very quickly and has none of the stay-put qualities of the 1000 Caresses. It's also much more powdery looking and strangely, despite being quite dense, the coverage is not good. It's a shame, because their colour Peach Glow really suits my pale/slightly yellow toned skin, but this powder is a waste of money.

on 9/26/2004 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

RETAIL PRICE: $4.97 at Walmart.

COLOR: Silky Beige is light neutral beige suitable for fair skin.

SCENT: This powder has a scent. It is most likely added to the powder but since there is no ingredient list on the package, I cannot say for certain. This may be of a concern for people with sensitive skin.

PACKAGING: This powder comes in a square plastic mirrored compact that includes a pad for application. I took a point off because the pad is very thin and flimsy. You may want to purchase your own set of powder puffs while you're at the drugstore.

TEXTURE: This is a dense and "creamy" powder. When I put it on fresh bare skin, it makes my skin feel tight and dry. I have oily skin and it is a must for me to have a powder at hand to refresh my foundation. However, this powder has a tendency to make my makeup look cakey. This powder is not a total loss of a purchase but I will be careful to use a light hand or a powder brush instead. This deserves a point off.

STAYING POWER: It tends to grab on to skin more but like I said, it made my skin feel dry and tight.

SUITABLE FOR...: People who like ultra-matte looks and oily skins.

I would not repurchase. I'll stick with my L'Oreal Feel Naturale powder.

on 8/11/2004 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got the Double act Pressed prowder in silky beige. It is not a bad product but not an HG either. I like the fact that it is not chalky, reasonably priced and readily available. Also, it has a good staying power, which is quite impressive for a drugstore podwer. However, it only exist in 3 colors and the packaging (including the plastic puff) is really bad. I may buy it again but will probably something fancier next time!

on 7/14/2004 11:51:00 PM

I've been constantly using this product for the last year. Overall its pretty good. My complaints are: its is a LITTLE chalky, and the packaging isn't sturdy. It always seems to fall apart for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

My only complaint is the compact itself. I would love a prettier compact, put the product is terrific!

on 6/23/2004 3:08:00 AM

I bought this one in Australia so it is not that cheap. 17AUD$ but still it is a great buy. I normally use Laura Mercier powder foundation, loose powder, and pressed powder, so this is something really out of my character. I wouldn't even consider buying drugstore foundation or powder because most of them are really bad. Wrong color or weird/chalky texture. eek! It is just happen that I have an important meeting today but I forget to bring my LM powder with me. And I have no make up on at all. Yike! I was so desperate but then I decide...oh well it is only one time, couldn't hurt. So I went out to bought this ugly looking package powder. To my surprise, it is actually similar to my LM pressed powder. Very smooth and soft texture, doesn't feel heavy at all. Being a foundation snob, if I like this powder, it must be good.