April 20, 2014 | 2052 users online

Conditioner - Jason Natural Cosmetics - extra rich biotin conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

Smells alright, feels good, does its job. Hear it can make hair feel thicker, still waiting on that result. got this on sale 50% off, so I jumped on it. This conditioner compares with other chemical filled conditioners, minus the sulfates, petrochemicals, and other junk! Makes hair feel soft and smooth, but not weighed down. I think ill stock up while its on sale

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I love this conditioner but did notice I needed to take a break from it. Maybe too much biotin? I don't know what it is, but if I use this everyday, my hair feels dry and brittle. If I use it twice a week, my hair is shiny and soft. Weird!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

This conditioner gave my hair more moisturizing than any of the dozens of deep conditioners that I have tried. Right now at my house, I have no less than 5-10 deep conditioning treatments/masks and another 10 bottles of moisturing conditioners, none of which gave my hair as much slip, none of which gave my hair that feeling of "drinking" up the moisture. I have several natural/organic conditioners & deep conditioners as well, and they don't compare either. My hair feels really good during & after conditioning, and I can't wait to try the shampoo. My only complaints (which are no big deal), include the design of the bottle. You get a generous amount of product for a really reasonable price (so I really shouldn't complain), but the upside-down bottle concept doesn't quite work: it's too big of a quantity of product to be in that style of bottle. It's so top-heavy, it constantly falls over in my showerhead caddy. It also has no noticeable fragrance, which I really should NOT complain about - I'm a migraine sufferer and too much fragrance is a huge trigger for me. I would just be nice if it had a tiny bit of fragrance. I should also mention that I noticed that for some reason, I can't let my hair partially air-dry without it getting weird/stiff. I'm guessing there is some ingredient in there that starts to "settle" so I have to go right from towel drying to the blow-dryer. It's not a big deal, but something to keep in mind if you try it. Also, if you have oily hair in any way, I'd caution against using this. I have the driest, damaged hair, and if I'm enjoying it, you probably will not. All in all, this product works for me, and I plan to try others in their product line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

Good quality conditioner. Plenty of product for your money. Quite hard to rinse out but once done hair feels well nourished. Strange smell which only lasts on application. Quickly disappeared. Unglamorous packaging but a solid workhorse of a conditioner. Not usually a fan of Jason products but I like this and would buy again, but I have a feeling it will ladt a looooong timr.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by f8crystal

I recently had to completely switch to natural products after having two surgeries. Reactions to medications made my skin SUPER sensitive and my hair unbelievable frail. Anything with chemicals causes horrible breakout and hair loss. I have lost SO much hair, so when I read the reviews on this biotin conditioner and the Jason Thickening shampoo, I cried halleluja, and tracked it down!...and then just cried. Finding it was beyond diffcult... I finally happened upon it, no thanks to the Jason website, at an HEB (in TX). The Jason Thin to Thick shampoo made my head break out all over on little painful pimple like bumps... so I gave up on that fairly quickly & continued the conditioner for a bit, until I realized it was contributing to my hair feeling mushy and falling out in the shower. I switched to the new natural TIGI the day after my suspicion... and voila... no more mush. (My healthy haired husband loves it though.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Price: Only 7-8 bucks for some of the best stuff on the market? Yes please.
Packaging: Come on, Jason. Not all of us have gigantic hand muscles strong enough to squeeze product out of your thick, square bottles. Fix this, then we'll talk.
Consistency: Not as thick as the Aloe conditioner, but on the same level as the Sea Kelp conditioner. Still ridiculously thick.
Scent: I... I don't even know. For some reason, it reminds me of a grandmother's powder room. It's a bit perfumey, but unoffensive. I just don't understand the scent. Hopefully it's not too cosmetic.
Ingredients: Beautiful list of ingredients. Obligatory fatty acids, tons of vitamins, BIOTIN, a bit of wheat protein, a dab of dimethicone, and other natural plants like chamomile.
Performance: Because of its godly thickness, it's a teeny bit hard to spread. Once it's on your hair, though, it melts tangles, moisturizes, strengthens and shines like a friggin' dream. Mind you, my hair is thick, curly/wavy, long, dry, a bit frizzy and prone to tangles. My hair's issues buckle under the prowess of this conditioner. My tresses are rendered soft, shiny, moisturized, and bouncy until the next wash.
Overall: Aside from the confusing scent and inconvenience of the bottle, this is KIND OF my HG conditioner, along with Jason's Aloe conditioner. I use the Biotin conditioner in conjunction with its shampoo counterpart and the two work in a wonderful harmony. I'm not 100% sure about buildup yet, but I'd watch out for it anyway. I've definitely been seeing fewer and fewer split ends since I started using this, and my hair is growing in much healthier. <3
**EDIT: Unlike Jason's 84% Aloe line, this stuff, over time, doesn't lose its effectiveness. The biotin line is GREAT as an everyday shampoo/conditioner combo. It's remained faithful to my hair for a while now, and I think, until I miraculously find something as natural and healthy for my hair, it's as close to an HG as I'm gonna get.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sarahlen

This is a really great everyday conditioner. I have long and damaged wavy hair that i am reluctant to cut and am always trying to grow longer and i think this has definitely helped. It isn't the most moisturizing conditioner but it is very, very strengthening. If i were just to condition with this my hair would feel very clean and strong. I think it has really helped with breakage and therefore helped my hair grow longer. I usually use this with some more moisturizing conditioner mixed in because not only is my hair damaged but it can get dry too, but if i need volume I just use this and it works great. I don't really like the smell but it doesn't last and also the price is great for the size.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

i bought this after reading the good reviews and because i am trying to incorporate more eco-friendly products into my home. (everyone should, considering they are often quite inexpensive so you are really not paying any more to be kinder to the environment.)

anyways, this product is just fine, nothing exceptional. my dry ends still feel drier than my healthy lengths, after using this. i suggest using this on your mid-lengths, and something richer on your ends if your hair is any more than just a little dehydrated.

value for the size is excellent ($5 for 473ml.) i would prefer a pump since the bottle is big.

overall recommended for excellent value. a good product although not "the best"

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by duckfeather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This conditioner is a great value, especially for an 'all-natural' product. Leaves hair feeling super silky and light (I have wavy, variably-textured hair). My hair is softer, more elastic, and less prone to breakage since I started using a year ago. And I love the smell... it reminds me, very subtly, of how clothes smell when they're fresh from the dryer. Weird, but I like it.

Note: If you want to take full advantage of the biotin in the formula, you have to work it gently into your scalp (it isn't absorbed by the hair shaft). I don't normally do this with conditioner, but this stuff is so light it doesn't make my scalp greasy at all, even 24+ hours after washing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have dry, flaky scalp and dry, coarse asian hair.

I am surprised at how nice this conditioner is. I've used "natural" hair products before, and the conditioners are usually too watery for my dry, thick hair.

This conditioner makes my hair soft, sleek, and helps my scalp, too.