April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Shampoo - Jason Natural Cosmetics - extra rich biotin shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 More reviews by SamaelsMom

Smells fine to me, though others complain of a plasticy smell. Great for dry hair. I can only use it every other day or my hair will be weighed down. Price is high, but sometimes you can find it on sale for same price herbal essence. Worth it in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by DCeleste

I noticed improvement on the first use! I have very dry, very damaged, previously bleached, full, curly hair that easily loses curl when its damaged. After the first use, my curls were complete, shiny, soft...however, my already full, voluminous hair became a lions mane! I now use the shampoo as a hair mask on my days off, because this product really has improved my hair, but I just don't need the added volume. Excellent product overall.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Tiggerbear

I have the Jason Restorative Biotin Pure Natural shampoo size 473 ml. The fragrance is a heavy plastic and laced with baby powder smell. The shampoo doesn't clean my hair. My hair looked oily and limp no matter how long I rinsed. My hair would smell so strong of plastic and baby powder that I felt nauseated. I used it for two weeks and decided not to use it on my hair anymore. Rather than throwing it away, I use the shampoo to wash my nylon stockings and makeup brushes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I so enjoyed the biotin conditioner from Jason that I wanted to try the shampoo, despite the relatively low % of MUA reviewers that liked it. Well, that was silly optimism on my part. I like Jason's products, generally, and love using natural products, so I was so hopeful that I would like this one. But I didn't. That is hands down the most tangly and dry my hair has ever been. This product was not meant to be used on my dry, highlighted, damaged hair. So disappointed. I have decided to hang on to it though, for two things. One, I could use it as a detox shampoo, and enjoy knowing that it's all natural - and just follow up with a really good conditioner. (My hair gets really weighed down and gross after a while from all the deep conditioners and shine serums I use.) Two, I used it as the base for my own recipe of scalp exfoliator with organic brown sugar, lavendar, and tea tree oil. It worked wonderfully for this. I read dozens of recipes for homemade scalp exfoliators online, and most recommended using a conditioner as a base - that didn't make sense to me, to put oils, silicones, etc., back in when I'm trying to purgue them out. A few others recommended using a deep cleansing shampoo; that's why this product is perfect for this, because it deep cleans and has no nasty chemicals to redeposit.
In short, I would not recommend this as a shampoo for you if you have dry or damaged hair. But it's great for deep cleansing or as part of an exfoliating mix.
*UPDATE*: I swear this stuff could strip paint, and it doesn't smell good either, but you can't beat it as a deep detox shampoo! I use this anytime I start to notice build-up or when my hair is just extra dirty: but I always follow up then with a moisturizing shampoo, which definitely makes the moisturizing shampoo perform better! I will always keep a bottle of this around, because it's natural and a great deep cleanser. Just don't expect this to moisturize!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by nilinel

I LOVE this shampoo!!!!! it transformed my hair and i absolutely love the way it leaves my hair manageable and soft. i use it with kerastase leave in conditionner and john frieda frizz ease.

This shampoo is perfect for fine dry hair. would definitely recommend.

Ah forgot to mention that the 1st time i used it i oiled my hair before. very bad idea because this shampoo does not strip the oil from your hair so wash your hair every 3days with this. your hair will thank you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'd read so many rave reviews of this shampoo on the internet several years ago, but never got around to trying it. I finally picked this up recently, since I've been trying out various natural hair care products. Well, this was a complete bust. The bottle says "new and improved" on the front, so I guess this formula is completely different from the old one everyone loved years ago.

This left a very heavy coating on my hair right from the first wash. It also made it dull and heavy. I've given this a few tries, and it has the same effect every time. I've had to use a clarifying shampoo twice now to get all of the gunk out of my hair. Save your $10 and don't bother with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by bedeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to use this years ago and loved it. I haven't been able to find it since 2009 so I'm doing a review for the old formula. It had an awesome mint scent to it that stuck with my hair the entire day. I used to use it daily because I ran 2-3 hour track practices in hot weather. My hairdresser was always amazed that I never had split ends after 6 months of no cuts. Honestly, only reason I ever went in to get my hair cut was because the style had grown out. My hair grew incredibly fast. Ever 1yr 4 months I gave 8 inches to cancer. We have hard water in my area and I never had residue left in my hair. I used Giovanni mousse at that time and it was always easy to shampoo out of my hair with this. I was also able to wear my hair naturally wavy without help from any product or hair appliance (I used mousse only when I wanted it super curly). When I switched over to commercial shampoo with sulfates in it again my hair went insanely frizzy. I personally loved this stuff but it looks like the formula has changed and it is no longer available in my area so I guess that's a blessing in disguise. I now use Green Beaver Cranberry Delight shampoo+conditioner and so far am loving that it gives me the same tingly mint feeling that this shampoo did. I gave it a 4 instead of 5 because the formula changed and I did find that I had to wash my hair daily with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by xonadiya

For being SLS free, this shampoo has a wonderful lather. It also helped stop me from shedding so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ued to use Jason's Biotin shampoo years ago and I loved the stuff to death now it's be tweaked. I might as well wash my hair with oil cause this is absolutely terrible. Weighs hair down to the point your hair looks downright greasy and dirty. WTH!!! Worst poo ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair: fine, thin, straight
My hair goals: mainly more volume!

This is my favorite shampoo of all time. Doesn't really smell like anything to me, which is fine. Volumizing without being drying.