Jason Natural Cosmetics extra rich biotin shampoo

3.3

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (1), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (1), Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract (1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower\Leaf\Stem Extract (1), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Biotin, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Sodium Chloride,Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcool (1), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol,Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 6/1/2015 5:37:00 PM

I really like this shampoo. When I use it with the Biotin conditioner, it makes my hair really bouncy and full. I have several shampoos and conditioners that I rotate, so I can't speak to what happens if I use this exclusively for months, but so far I've been pleased with the results. My hair seems to like it, it smells very fresh and clean and a plus is that this doesn't make my scalp itch, like so many other shampoos out there.

on 1/16/2015 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Jason's Biotin Shampoo. The conditioner is nothing marvelous, but I have used this shampoo off and on for several years.

For a time, I tried only using conditioners, but finally decided I could not stand not to have my hair feel "clean". So, I got out my Jason's Biotin Shampoo again, and started using it.

To date, it is the ONLY shampoo I have used, that leaves my hair where it belongs - on my head, not in the sink or in the drain trap. I have noticed a lot of new hair growth, too.

I had temporarily used RenPure's Cleansing Conditioners, but both fragrances made my hair fall out - a lot! So, I am back to using Jason's shampoo, and experimenting with several different conditioners.

Unlike many others, I love the smell of it!

on 8/16/2014 4:33:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this shampoo. I've been using it for over a month and I might not purchase again, I just don't know. :o
I don't mind the smell though.
When I use it in the shower it lathers well for a sulphate free and when I rinse my hair feels clean but not stripped.
I follow this with either Faith in Nature coconut conditioner or Tresemme.
When my hair is dry it leaves my fine limp hair full of volume.
I am in the process of growing out my previously bleached hair. I have about 9 months growth of virgin hair and this hair naturally feels nicer than the bleached hair which can look pretty frizzy on the 1st day of washing with this product. I quite like the look of it at the moment because I'm enjoying the messy trend but it feels pretty dry. However, on day two it feels softer and more manageable. I'm quite torn with this product because my hair LOOKS good, it just doesn't feel that good.
I haven't experienced any more breakage than before, my only worry is when I brush out the tangles. I know my hair's damaged from the bleach but it's not fried and can be pretty silky even though it's bleached.
Overall I think this shampoo is great for someone who doesn't suffer with dry hair and is looking for something volumising.
I have not used the matching conditioner with this.

on 6/23/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is now called Jason Restorative Biotin Pure Natural Shampoo. I bought this along with the matching conditioner during a BOGO sale. Normally this retails for about $6.00 dollars for a 16 oz bottle. I didn't love this shampoo in the shower. First of all, the strange baby powder smell is a little off putting. Second, it left my hair very tangled with a weird gummy texture. (FYI: I have a short pixie cut). It does lather very well and does a decent job of cleaning the hair. Once I slathered on some of the matching conditioner, it felt better, but my hair didn't have the silky feel I was expecting. Once I dried my hair, however, it looked and felt great. It was very soft and much fuller. Although this shampoo ended up doing a good job, I doubt I would buy it again. I vastly prefer Mane 'n Tail Shampoo, which does a better job minus the icky scent. It also runs about $6.00 dollars for a 32 oz bottle. That's more than twice as much product.

on 4/24/2014 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

First of all let me say that I am biased as to the results of this shampoo as this particular one has the most vile fragrance I have ever experienced in anything cosmetic related. I am just baffled as to why something that markets itself as natural would select such a blatantly synthetic and plastic-y fragrance. To me it smelled like a musty wooden attic, with moldy linen, wet plastic chairs and rotting woodboards. It could be that I got a bad batch but I have the feeling that Jason has major issues in the fragrance department as the same day I purchased the shampoo I also tried on their face sunscreen on my hand and let me say it was equally offensive.

Now for the results, if you can get past the scent, all I got was a head full of frizz and oily roots.

Smells fine to me, though others complain of a plasticy smell. Great for dry hair. I can only use it every other day or my hair will be weighed down. Price is high, but sometimes you can find it on sale for same price herbal essence. Worth it in my opinion.

on 3/3/2014 4:53:00 PM

I noticed improvement on the first use! I have very dry, very damaged, previously bleached, full, curly hair that easily loses curl when its damaged. After the first use, my curls were complete, shiny, soft...however, my already full, voluminous hair became a lions mane! I now use the shampoo as a hair mask on my days off, because this product really has improved my hair, but I just don't need the added volume. Excellent product overall.

on 12/22/2013 3:30:00 PM

I have the Jason Restorative Biotin Pure Natural shampoo size 473 ml. The fragrance is a heavy plastic and laced with baby powder smell. The shampoo doesn't clean my hair. My hair looked oily and limp no matter how long I rinsed. My hair would smell so strong of plastic and baby powder that I felt nauseated. I used it for two weeks and decided not to use it on my hair anymore. Rather than throwing it away, I use the shampoo to wash my nylon stockings and makeup brushes.

on 10/28/2013 1:52:00 PM

I so enjoyed the biotin conditioner from Jason that I wanted to try the shampoo, despite the relatively low % of MUA reviewers that liked it. Well, that was silly optimism on my part. I like Jason's products, generally, and love using natural products, so I was so hopeful that I would like this one. But I didn't. That is hands down the most tangly and dry my hair has ever been. This product was not meant to be used on my dry, highlighted, damaged hair. So disappointed. I have decided to hang on to it though, for two things. One, I could use it as a detox shampoo, and enjoy knowing that it's all natural - and just follow up with a really good conditioner. (My hair gets really weighed down and gross after a while from all the deep conditioners and shine serums I use.) Two, I used it as the base for my own recipe of scalp exfoliator with organic brown sugar, lavendar, and tea tree oil. It worked wonderfully for this. I read dozens of recipes for homemade scalp exfoliators online, and most recommended using a conditioner as a base - that didn't make sense to me, to put oils, silicones, etc., back in when I'm trying to purgue them out. A few others recommended using a deep cleansing shampoo; that's why this product is perfect for this, because it deep cleans and has no nasty chemicals to redeposit.
In short, I would not recommend this as a shampoo for you if you have dry or damaged hair. But it's great for deep cleansing or as part of an exfoliating mix.
*UPDATE*: I swear this stuff could strip paint, and it doesn't smell good either, but you can't beat it as a deep detox shampoo! I use this anytime I start to notice build-up or when my hair is just extra dirty: but I always follow up then with a moisturizing shampoo, which definitely makes the moisturizing shampoo perform better! I will always keep a bottle of this around, because it's natural and a great deep cleanser. Just don't expect this to moisturize!!

on 10/18/2013 12:03:00 AM

I LOVE this shampoo!!!!! it transformed my hair and i absolutely love the way it leaves my hair manageable and soft. i use it with kerastase leave in conditionner and john frieda frizz ease.

This shampoo is perfect for fine dry hair. would definitely recommend.

Ah forgot to mention that the 1st time i used it i oiled my hair before. very bad idea because this shampoo does not strip the oil from your hair so wash your hair every 3days with this. your hair will thank you.

Top Rated Jason Natural Cosmetics Products