October 23, 2014 | 2025 users online

Lip Gloss - Bloom - Sweet Pea

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by bunnybraids

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lip gloss, and am sad they discontinued my favorite, Cutie Pie. Smells terrific, great staying power, long lasting, not sticky, very moisturising. Love the packaging...I can't believe Sephora doesn't carry it anymore or Superdrugs in the UK.... Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2006 7:49:00 AM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My all-time favorite gloss! It is sad that Sephora no longer carries this wonderful brand - I have one tube left and I am using it sparingly. Sweet Pea has the great Bloom mandarin-vanilla taste and is a gorgeous light nude-mauve color. It is very moisturizing and not too sticky, but lasts (for a gloss). This was my first high-end lip gloss - I spotted it in Sephora years ago and just loved it. It is the perfect color on me: no shimmer, not too dark or bright or light, but it doesn't wash me out either. I have dark hair and very pale skin and this color is very flattering on me. I also loved the Pout (sheer pink-nude) gloss color, but was unable to get another tube of that shade. I have the matching Sweet Pea lipstick as well, which I also love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

Love bloom lipglosses! Finally a lipgloss that gives nice colours w/out being too drying! The scents are awesome, and the lovely "pout" they give is a plus. I've tried many glosses from Philosophy and I found they were too drying, too hard to squeeze out of the tube, hardly any colour, if it had any, poor staying power accompanied it. I am very happy with Bloom's lipglosses because the colours are so pretty-they can be worn with or w/out lipliner. I also really like their lip definers lip liners, again very natural. Only qualm is that they have to be ordered online-wish they were sold in stores other than Sephora. But its worth it, haven't seen lipglosses from other companies that are this pretty. Will repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 10:40:00 PM More reviews by trempot

I have the mini lipgloss set, which includes Sweet Pea. This is a pretty, natural pink mauve color. I like it when wearing bright pink on my cheeks and I need a neutral color on my lips. Stickiness is just right and the scent is wonderfully addicting!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by MollyGoLightly

I LOVE this gloss! It stays on well, without being too heavy or sticky. It's a great color for me, and I love the slick, wet look -- without looking like I'm wearing foil on my lips.

I'm not one to usually wear out lip glosses and use an entire tube, but I've been scraping the very last of this one!! They don't carry it at my local Sephora, so I just ordered it online...it had been out of stock for a couple of weeks, so I must not be the only one who loves it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2005 10:38:00 AM More reviews by akane

This is a neutral/pink/brown shade and great for daywear. It smells great and very long staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2005 7:00:00 AM More reviews by geminiatwain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've got the mini version of this. It is a great lip gloss, I agree it looks a mauve colour in the tube in a certain light, but once on it is a great brown with a slight pink. YLBB. I do prefer 'Twinkle', which is slightly lighter, but a great gloss anyway. Smells good and like the 'springy' wand.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2005 7:30:00 PM More reviews by melsway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a neutral brown/pink lip gloss with tiny shimmers in it. This turns out very brown on my lips than pink.It is definately not neutral in my opinion. It has a nice texture, and i usually love bloom lip glosses, however sweet pea is simply a high shine gloss with a strong brown colour. I'm yet to find my HG neutral lip gloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2005 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Chickey

I am forever on the hunt for new glosses to try, so I picked this up in Sephora. I got Sweet Pea, which is a pretty nude pink, and I wore it pretty often for a while. However, it was super-sticky, which made me nuts. I know that stickiness is a trademark of glosses...but this was really sticky. The color was pretty, the scent was great (vanilla), and I don't think it was drying (I layer Carmex underneath though). However, I sent the tube to my sister as a RAOK -- she looks better in pink gloss anyway. The price on Bloom gloss is steep too -- $18 I think per tube. Probably not a repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2005 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like yangerz said below, this looks grayish purple in the tube, but goes on a light purple-mauve. It looks too purple on me, with a slight hint of frost, and this gloss makes me look a bit ill/cold/unenergetic due to the purple tint.

The texture isn't really gloss, it's more like a sheer liquid lipstick IMO. It's not fluid at all and not as easy to spread (especially with the stiff Bloom wand) as most other glosses I've tried. "Pout" is a much better colour on me.