Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid 10% Hydrating Gel

4.2

Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Ammonium Hydroxide, Arginine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Phospholipids, Methylparaben, Imidazoldinyl Urea, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyethylcellulose, BHT, Alcohol Denat. 6/11/09

This is a really great product. I have been using this product for about 7 months now on an almost daily basis at night and I am just now starting to near the end of the bottle. A few years ago I can recall using the PTR 10% glycolic moisturiser in the small white tube and liking it, and I was in the market for a new AHA after having gone off them for awhile after not finding any formulas I liked and my skin was definately suffering for it. I have highly clog-prone skin and my skin needs almost daily chemical exfoliation. When I saw this on the shelf at Sephora and read that it had minimal ingredients and was a hydrating formula (I also have dehyrated skin) I decided to try it.

When I first started using it I did experience some stinging because I had stopped using glycolic products for so long, but that quickly went away and I now use this almost every night. This has really evened out my skin tone, and helps to clear up any break outs quicker than they would go away on their own, and can help with fine lines. This past summer I went to Italy for a month and didn't bring this and my skin clogged up and broke out in that time, and when I came home and resumed use my skin got better again. I see this as a really reliable product and will repurchase soon when I'm finished this. I think this is really good value for money because it lasts so long! Remember to use a sunscreen in the AM, because using a glycolic acid product can makes your skin more sensitive to the sun, and a sunscreen is the number one anti-aging product!!!

I alternate this with a retinoid nightly and this make my skin look so good the next morning. And from the very first day! I have combination skin and very acne prone but it has not broken me out. Highly recommended

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one product for which I do not mind shelling out some cash. I used the other PTR AHA 12% Ceramide Hydrating Repair gel for over ten years but when it was discontinued I started to use this. I loved the sun too much in my early twenties and both formulas have helped to repair the damage I did. My skin is smoother and wrinkles are a bit less obvious. This is a wonderful product as was the discontinued one both of which are to be used mainly at night seeing Glycolic Acid can cause the skin to have some sensitivity to sunlight. I use an SPF 30 every day as well. I am loving what both these products have done to my cheeks and forehead. I like that it has Aloe Vera in it as it does give some awesome moisture and helps with the diminishing of hyper pigmentation I have as well

Also the ingredient Ammonium Hydroxide is used in this to stabilize the acidic PH of the AHAs. If you go to Paula's choice it will explain the non-harmful use it has in beauty products.

This product contains ammonium hydroxide. I suggest looking into that ingredient before ever buying this product. Not to mention its full of parabans. Also contains alcohol. No wonder its not hydrating for some reviewers. If your skin can handle alcohol than cool i guess. Still look into that first ingredient i highly suggest doing so before purchasing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i normally do not buy products this expensive. However, this is worth the money. It does not cause any skin reactions. More importantly, it reduces and prevents pimples. My skin definitely cleared after I stopped using Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Moisturizer and started using Peter Thomas Roth Hydrating Gel. I have not noticed and changes in the fine lines on my forehead. Because of the positive results I have from using PTR glycolic face wash and hydrating gel, I would try other PTR products.

A great nightly serum to truly transform your skin. Glycolic acid is an amazing skin care tool that can show true difference in the quality of your skin. Helps to keep your skin bright, clear, and radiant. With it being 10% you're able to use it every day. I always use mine at night and wake up with the best skin. Helps to hydrate a little so my dry skin doesn't get upset. Also has some great antioxidants inside to boost your skin even more. A bottle will last you forever (6-8 months every day use). Only use one pump to cover your whole face and neck.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I do not recommend this to anyone as a daily product for ur skin care regimen. It is in no way hydrating nor did I see any improvement in pigmentation. It did however take are of my oily skin issue but that was just bc it did such a job in dehydrating my face like no other. I had gross flaking in the center of my chin that no makeup will conceal and the area around my nose has these awful lines that look like they are almost burned. I also see more lines around my eyes bc this dried me out there so bad as well. I could see someone who is really oily acne prone using this as a weekly treatment maybe..but def not daily. And not in place of a moisturizer. I stopped using it after two days and have been bathing my face with coconut oil ever since. This stuff is harsh!!!

Definitely saw improvement to my skin - in terms of improving discoloration and smoothness. But after applying I had the feeling that it extremely dries out my skin... I waited as much as possible before putting a moisturizer but the feeling wasn't nice at all... So will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I adore this product!

I recently had a bout of whiteheads on my cheeks. I've used Mario Badescu buffering lotion & drying lotion as well as benzoyl peroxide but to no avail. The whitehead kept on appearing, causing red bumps. I usually have a clear skin (combination + oily skin) with the occasional pimples during that time of the month.

I use the gel after using the un-wrinkle peel pads. A pump goes a long way. After applying the gel, I will wait for a few mins for it to be absorbed before applying Mario Badescu buffering lotion. For the first week, I used it on alternate nights to acclimatize my skin. Second week, every night. By the end of the 2 weeks, vast improvements on my skin can be seen. I did have some purging but it cleared up within the first week. After the 2 weeks, my skin was less bumpy and the whiteheads stopped appearing.

Third week onwards, I started to use it in the morning and evening on alternate days. It has been a month now, my skin is clearer, no more bumps, the red marks are fading and less obvious and pimples/whiteheads will clear up within a day or 2!

One lippie off due to the glass bottle and price. Otherwise, this product is indeed wonderful!

I really like this a lot!! I haven't been using it long enough to give it the review it deserves but so far I'm loving it. My skin feels tight and bright the next day and it's not been drying at all so far. My only gripe is that it's in a clear bottle which makes me wonder if the lights are damaging the formula at all. Other then that it's really a great glycolic/hyaluronic acid combo.