Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Stray Dog

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/10/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have owned Stray Dog and used it frequently for over 10 years. Apparently it is no longer part of UD's regular line up and I fret that when I need it I will not be able to find it. The pencil I have is a standard Dark Brown soft kohl. Glides on effortlessly and lasts the day. There is no shimmer or glitter to this pencil. But I wonder if it has been reformulated over the years as I have also seen reviews describing as a lighter shade than "dark". As a standard dark brown this is my HG and highly recommended to anyone looking for a go to regular brown pencil for their collection.

on 10/31/2013 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love Love Love this pencil. It is smooth as are all 24/7 pencils and it is a perfect color. I am fair skinned with many different hair color, I dye it alot. I have blueish green eyes and I find this color to be just right. It is not too dark so it is not harsh like black or navy for daytime but it is a bit cooler/more toned down than some browns. It is a great daytime smoky eye shade. I got this color in a nudes eyeliner mini set and i wish i could buy it in full size. Urban decay recently added new shades and removed other shades from the line but unfortunately this was not a new edition. Help get urban decay to bring this shade in for good. Anyone know how to get another if i wanted it? Do they still sell this shade in any sets?

on 2/20/2013 5:26:00 PM

Pros: -- This is a soft, easily-applied liner, and if applied carefully on clean, dry lids it can last quite awhile.

Cons: -- Stray Dog is very hard to find these days, since it's not part of the regular UD line and it's been awhile since they included it in any limited edition sets. There's no telling when, or if, it will be offered again.

This liner is supposed to be long-lasting, and while it's the same formula as the other UD liners, their frosty shades (including this one) don't have much lasting power. It has no actual glitter in it (a plus) but the mica used to give it a shimmer does reduce the staying power.

Also, the color... once again I find myself jealous of those that have just the right amount of pink tones in their skin. If you glance over the reviews, most of the people giving this 5 stars have cooler, pink-toned skin. My skin is more yellow-y and instead of brown, this looks silvery-gray on me. I so wanted this to be a shimmery taupe-brown, but when I wear this all anyone can see is gray/silver, which is not a great look for me.

Warmer skinned girls, if your skin is light enough (anywhere from fair to light-medium). try Urban Decay's Underground eyeliner - unlike Stray Dog, Underground does look like a shimmery taupey brown on warmer skin (it looks great on most cool skin-tones too). Another plus is that Underground is part of the regular UD lineup.

on 10/14/2012 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This product has been well described by the reviewers below. Many people cannot find this liner since it was part of a limited edition set. If you need a suitable dupe, try Sephora's flashy liner waterproof in Flashy Taupe, or Essence's London Baby gel liner (slightly darker and matte). But this is a great color, and I love wearing it. Very wearable for day or night.

on 7/7/2012 8:47:00 PM

I bought this in a set from UD. I wear MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow and use this as my liner. It's a great match. A grey leaning taupe color. Very nice--long lasting and waterproof.

on 4/8/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this eyeliner. It's soft and glides on easily, even on the waterline. It stays put on me and is a nice, blendable brown.

Wish it was a bit cheaper though.

on 3/8/2012 8:11:00 PM

love! love! love!

on 2/7/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Stray Dog is the ultimate medium brown eye pencil. It glides on like butter, blends well, feels like silk, and stays put. What more could a girl want? I especially like to use this pencil with my UD Naked palette to create many different looks. Highly recommend!

on 11/9/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in the Naked set that came with 4 other liners. This is a taupe liner, I mean straight up taupe. I'm not sure why people are calling this a medium brown. It's a cool taupe that leans toward silvery-grey. I really haven't loved 24/7 liners in the past but this color is the only reason I bought the entire kit since it's not sold separate. I like the creaminess of this but it's almost too soft that I can't get a precise line on the top. The color is also not as dark as I prefer my liner to be but I've had that complaint with other taupe liners, it's obviously a light color, not a dark brown. I also am not a fan of having to sharpen a pencil, I prefer twist up ones but that did not change my opinion for this liner. I love using it with taupes and purples. I probably would not buy this again because it did not live up to what I was expecting but I'll use it up.

on 10/20/2011 11:05:00 AM

This is too gray/cool-toned for my blue eyes. I walk a fine line between wanting a color warm enough to contrast with my blue eyes, but not too warm to clash with the pink in my skin. This isn't a warm enough brown - my eyes just don't look as blue with this as they do with a less-gray brown. Otherwise, the formula is so nice and soft and lasts forever. Also, having to sharpen these is a pain - yes, I'm lazy.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products