October 25, 2014 | 1498 users online

Body Scrubs - Ole Henriksen - Loofah Body Scrub

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Grafkiukas

I've been eyeing Ole Henriksens products for a while, but they're just too expensive for me, so i was really happy to get a sample of his Loofah Body Scrub. It was however, a disappointment. Scrubbing abilities are nice enough, skin was soft afterwards, but the menthol in it caused serious irritation in...ehm...lower regions, even if it was just a drop that got in there with water. Moreover, i was unlucky enough to touch my face with hands afterwards an my eyes got seriously annoyed too. So instead of stepping out of the shower as a shiny, smooth-skined-goddes, I tumbled out with red eyes, runny nose and tripping from one foot to another because of very intimate itch. My husband commented that i smelled like I showered in mounthwash... all in all, definitely not worth spending 355 Danish Krona ( or $63, 39) for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by mariaairam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best body scrub I have ever tried. Made my skin SO soft, but not dry (my upper arms and calves usually start itching five minutes after I've showered). It smells very fresh and menthol'y, so much that it almost felt like I'd brushed my teeth after using the scrub in a steamy shower. Perfect for those sleepy mornings, as it does make me more awake somehow. The bad things? The price, which is insane even online. The packaging is also slightly annoying, as the plastic is very hard, making it unnecessary hard to squeeze out the scrub. The only way to reach the last bit of product is to cut the bottle open with a pair of scissors. Still, the product itself is so wonderful I'd definitely buy it again - once I can afford it, that is.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product because I'm trying to make an effort to buy more natural products. Hmm..this is just like the St. Ives scrub but this has a more minty tingling to it. The scrub particles are the same, and i actually hoping for more exfoliation. I am sort of dissapointed because it doesnt slough away and scrub my skin for a good clean feeling. Its ok, I'm gonna keep searching for a better scrub.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2006 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Flummig

This scrub is very gentle but it's still scrubbing your skin. Sometimes you could wish for some stronger corns but if you scrub with this twice a week, you don't need a stronger scrub. I like the menthol effect afterwords, and together with Body sleek, it do wonders.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2006 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Larka

reaaalllly liked that stuff :-). but price is too high. TG there is ebay :-))
to it defence, should say that it's much more effective than any salt scrubs and
is consumed much more slower...
Lovely scent! Minus for a price

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2005 11:16:00 AM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't like this body scrub. It sells for $28 for 12oz and to me it is a runnier version of St. Ives scrub. It is a non-foaming body scrub that has a minty (spearmint??) scent. As a body exfoliator it is just okay, but, it doesn't moisturize the skin at all. It does feel refreshing because of the scent, but, for this price I expect some skin hydration as well as exfoliation. There are definitely less expensive brands that deliver better results. [Overall, I was highly disappointed with the Ole Henriksen line. It's marketed as natural, Danish spa-type products but I found them to be similar to drug store type poorly made products.]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2002 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very nice body scrub and smells very nice! What I really like about it is that I think it has some menthol in it, because afterwards you feel so fresh and invigorated and u really have a cool feeling to the skin! Very nice! I d definitely buy this one again!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2002 11:37:00 PM More reviews by rjs521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a GWP at the last MUA/Bendel's event and I love it. Even though it has a slight eucalyptus scent to it - which I normally detest- I find it invigorating rather than sickening. It's small scrub particles (loofah) do a nice job without stripping my skin or leaving any redness. The cream base is also nice because it's a non foaming scrub - which in this case I prefer. For $28 or so it's worth it - the bottle is large and you don't need too much for each application. Great on legs.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2001 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Robin-D

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great exfoliating product for the body! Gentle, yet it gets the job done.