April 17, 2014 | 1726 users online

Treatments - Urban Decay - Sniper Blemish Zapper

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by rsa1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is probably one of the best on-the-spot treatments I've used although I've had mixed results from it. quite a few times I've put this on before going to sleep and woken up with a blemish completely reduced in size, and other times its had no effect. the only issue with this is - like a lot of other UD products I've used - the packaging! once it gets to the end its hard to get out, and its also hard to control how much comes out at a time.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2008 1:46:00 AM More reviews by handheld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This worked miracles on my skin when it started breaking out following the contraceptive injection (apparently this is a common side-effect, fortunately the only one I suffered). It really did seem to shrink my spots almost immediately, though it did sting a little and the bottle is ridiculously small. Overall I found it far more effective than the tea-tree oil and witchhazel products I've bought in the past. Sudocrem is still my number one zit-zapping product however, it's good for everything!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2005 2:02:00 PM More reviews by sasha1313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First let me say I love Urban Decay....but this stuff is crap. It's expensive for a tiny container (I do like the pump though) and did nothing but burn.
Under makeup it created a weird peeling mess and did nothing for my breakouts.
Would not waste money on this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2005 1:39:00 PM More reviews by telos7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I don't think they make this anymore, but after trying various blemish-targeting products, this is still the one I go back to. Leave it on overnight and the acne will either calm itself and sink a bit (if still in an early stage) or begin to peak out at optimal popping point. Sure, it doesn't smell good, and the dispensing mechanism can be frustrating (as other reviewers have noted), but it does the job way better than most. And while it's no HG or miracle-worker, it's always worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by vina501

I have just rediscovered this product in my stash of beauty stuff. And I am sorry that I forgot about it for so long. I think that this is by far the best spot treatment I have tried. Sniper really delivers when applied to my problem pimples. It has them dried up in just a couple of days(I am talking 1-3 days) I do agree that it would be impractical to use this soley as a acne fighter, but it is awesome for spot treatment during the day when that ugly zit is just staring you in the eye. It is great for travel as well. Packaging could be better sometimes the pump squirts out tons and sometimes nothing. For the price and size I don't want to lose a drop.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2004 9:05:00 PM More reviews by jaimmie

This stuff is VERY expensive for the little amount you get. 5mL or 0.16oz, it's your standard run of the mill salicylic acid blemish gel. PLUS my skin doesn't react very well to it, BEWARE, just dot this stuff on exactly where the breakout is, and do not get it anywhere else, or it will burn the skin! I still have a pockmark on my face where this stuff burned into my skin! =( It's just not worth it for the money - buy Clinique's spot treatment, or better yet, the Clean and Clear blemish gel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2004 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i rarely get beakouts but when i do...this works great for me. love the 'refreshing' effect. feels really cool and soothing on the pimple. like the other reviewer said...it's like you can feel it working. dries my occasional pimples away. only thing i don't appreciate is how small the little bottle is. but then again it's not like a break out much. so it's fine i guess. will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2003 11:25:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

A great zit zapper. You can feel the tea tree oil in it "working" almost immediately. Definitely helps get rid of the occasional evil zit. Great to use during the day since it dries clear and isnt noticeable on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2003 2:22:00 AM More reviews by KillerTofu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm lucky to have quiet, happy skin but I do get the occasional zit. I used to swear by toothpaste (it actually works okay, but the key is you have to use a plain white paste; a gel won't work), but I wanted to try something specifically for zit-zapping. After a horrible reaction to Clinique's Acne Spot Treatment, I decided to give UD a try. It has tea tree oil and bisabolol (soothing anti-irritants), which I thought was good. After I bought it I had to wait about a month for a pimple to appear (not complaining!) and I put it on the pimple before bed.Pros: It stopped that sucker in its tracks! Granted, the pimple hadn't vanished witout a trace the next morning (it's good, but not magic in a bottle), but it definitely didn't get any bigger and over the next few nights it shrank away to virtually nothing.Cons: It did dry me out a TINY bit on the spot, but I have dry skin to begin with. It also left me with a barely noticeable bit of hyperpigmentation, but I have darker skin (CCC/MAC NC43) that hyperpigments if the wind blows too hard. ;pNote: The pump design is kind of annoying; it took me a while to get the hang of it. Update: Just as I suspected, the hyperpigmentation I noticed before was temporary; it went away within a week, and the pimple was history long before then. Also, I find that this goes pretty quickly. It's excellent for someone like me, who has the occasional zit (I've still got more than half the vial left), but for someone who has many pimples, frequently, there has got to be a more cost-effective solution. continued >>