August 21, 2014 | 1972 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clinique - Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Sue90114

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tend to realise that with many products like these they don't always seem to really tackle problems like acne at the source, as I tried this product among many others and even still it agitated my skin, especially with a burning sensation on my skin as it's sensitive especially with my breakouts. I've had to research into alternative methods because some of these products are so strong it actually creates the opposite effect of causing more acne than fixing the problem. I'm focusing on inner beauty supplements like one I came across biocorrex and currently trying it out, and so far it's having a positive effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Fondness4Pie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sadly, this product hasn't done much for my enlarge pimples. I've been using it for a week, once daily(it says twice but my skin irratates quickly) after washing my face with Dove soap. My pimples are very enlarged, red and form into cluster, caused my stress from school and horomones. Seeing the reviews being so positive about this product, I attempted to try it. I bought the sample for $17. It's quite small, being only five ounces.

The first time I tried it, my face had a little sting to it. It doesn't last long though! The next morning my skin was still in the same blemished condition, a bit more oily as well. I continued to try, some did seem to dimish in size, yet the redness still remained. I'm continuing to use it, in hopes of improvement, but for now I say it didn't work well for me.

Good luck to everyone who tries it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by dasherprop13

I like this gel a lot! although it does burn a little I feel like it really does help with workouts and its very easily applied. it is a bit pricy (35$) but my family and I all love it and use it constantly. this stuff is a godsend when you have a pimple that needs shrinking. I think it is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by hopetabur

I got a sample of this ages ago and when I first tried it, it did burn quite a bit, but I saw immediate results! After I used up the sample bottle, I went out and bought the actual gel. It was a little bit on the pricier side, ($25), but I think it was worth it. For some reason, it doesn't work as well now as it did before for me for some reason, but it will clear up a pimple in 2-3 days (depending on the size). Overall, I think this is a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by wubaduckie

I've been using this spot treatment for the past 2 years now. I'm up to about 1/3 of the product but that's because I only use it when I get breakouts or an occasional pimple. I also only apply this during my night skin care routine.

I purchased this in the US, which is significantly cheaper than what is charged in Australia (gosh... I think it was around AUD$35 for it at the time, which is crazy expensive for a product that does a 'meh' job). I initially bought this because I needed toiletries for the time I was staying in the States and I thought Clinique was a good brand to go for. I believe they changed the name of the product now and packaging but I wasn't impressed with this product, so I won't be buying another Acne Solutions spot treatment.

This product is very harsh and it doesn't surprise me that some people experienced burning. I experience some burning sometimes. The active ingredient is 1% salicylic and that's all listed on the bottle but I'm sure there is alcohol in this product, adding to the harshness of this product (I don't have the box anymore but I smell alcohol in it). As a teen, I used benzoyl peroxide because I found it to be more effective but these days, I'm finding it harsh so I opt for salicylic acid. This product is not very effective. It's okay for smaller pimples but larger and more inflamed ones that are painful don't work quite as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by DanicaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this product in my Sephora bag and honestly, i normally throw out samples because i get scared of trying new things on my skin too often but for some reason i decided to give this a try as a spot treatment. I really liked how it went on and stayed on. Ive been using Grease Lightning from Lush as a spot treatment and while ive loved it, once it dries, it flakes off very easily. This product is a clear gel and once it dries, it stays put. You could probably keep this on under makeup it stays so well. It does sting a bit, but i actually like that, it makes me feel like the product is really working and the stinging doesn't last long at all, maybe 10-15 seconds. It says you can put this all over your face, but i've just been using it on blemishes and pimples and have honestly loved it! I noticed i was getting a cyst type pimple in the middle of my cheek yesterday. The very beginning stages of it, but definitely one of those babies that stays around for a good month all said and done. I applied this gel and went to bed. I kid you not, when i woke up this morning it had come to a head already. This gel isn't a miracle product, my pimple didn't disappear over night and i will probably still be dealing with it for another week and half, but i am beyond impressed! It cut this pimples life down by half at least, maybe even more. I couldn't believe it. I am definitely sold on this product and absolutely recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Nutellamonster

Horrible product!!! I have been using it for a while and it really really burns my pimples! It does nothing to shrink it's size or reduce it's color it just burns!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by gordostyle

I love this product. It definitely works, and quickly, without being very drying to my skin.

It does NOT wear well under makeup, so I mostly use it in the evening. By the next day, problem blemishes are greatly improved.

I will buy this again and again - my husband loves it too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by bribri101

Great spot treatment gel! Dries out pimples in a few days but one lippie off because of the packaging and the fact that it doesn't necessarily make the pimple disappear, only dries it. All in all, great product !!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by wallflower05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SO when I first started using this is was excellent. I'd put it on a spot and it'd dry up and go away. Now after about a year, it BURNS my skins and turns the area black, so basically it leaves a scar which it never did before. I am not using anything different on my face so I don't know why that's the case so I have had to stop using it and I am now using tea tree oil for spot treatment.