Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad in Quartz Quartet

on 10/8/2015 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I own all of the PF matte e/s quads. I love them! Conservative & sophisticated colors. They may appear kind of boring or muddy in reality they go on buttery smooth for a very nice look ESP if you're over 29+ (I'm talking "mature skin" coz women who are 29+ look very nice in matte e/s to me leave the shimmer to the the young ladies for every day wear break out the shimmer frosts when u have a special even where u need to be a bit OTT). It is more youthful looking to wear mate e/s these look good w some brown eyeliner & brownish black mascara (top lids only) I line my lower lid with a white or concealer toned eyeliner but generally u want to skip colors ESP bold colors like brown/black/purple/blue etc it accentuates bluish circles & makes eyes appear smaller. You need all of these quads if ur into matte e/s & like an effortless glam chic softer look. PF is $$$ but it is high quality 1 of my fave DS brands. I have shimmer strips nude palette foo FWIW & they know how to do e/s! Glad to hear of the MAC dupes!

on 6/6/2015 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this quad! The shadows are soft and nicely pigmented. I use the dark brown shade to fill in my eyebrows. I've been using it for this purpose every day at work for several months now, and the eyeshadow still shows no sign of running out any time soon. I love that it is a cool brown, since many brown shades tend to look red when on my brows. The greyish light blue, for my NC15-20 skin, can function as either a lid or transition color, and while I've found that the pale peachy-pink is a little dark to use as a highlight color, it is nice to use on the lids, or even a little under the eyes to keep concealer creasing at bay throughout the day. The dusty rose shade makes a nice transition color.

As for the packaging, I appreciate that it is slim yet sturdy. It also comes with a small mirror, if you need one. I have never used the sponge-tip applicator it comes with; I just use my own brushes. I haven't tried depotting the eyeshadows, but it seems like there is a little bit of space between the pans and the plastic packaging, which would probably make them easy to depot and put in your own palette. (I've tried depotting Physicians Formula bronzers and powders, and it is quite easy.)

Although Physicians Formula is on the pricey side for a drugstore brand, they go on sale very often. When on a 40% sale at Ulta, where I got them, they cost only $4.20, so you can get these versatile, great quality eyeshadows at a very low price!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

A few you tubers rave about these PF matte palettes. They are on sale now at Ulta for four dollars and change so I picked up Quartz Quartet. I already have similar colors from the other two PF matte palettes so this is why I picked up Quartz. Usually, I will gravitate to warm tones but I don't have anything really that is this cool toned and matte in my collection. I'm shocked of how impressed I am with this palette. All shades are pigmented and buttery. These are so not like the chalky dry matte shadows you assume from the drugstore. These are nice. Colors appear vibrant and blend nicely. Highly rec anyone looking for a cheap thrill to pick this up!

on 12/2/2014 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love this quad, and have bought it several times over. The shadows are truly matte with perfect pigmentation and can be worn for any occasion. The price is reasonable even when it's not on sale. These colors will work on anybody. I only wish PF would make more colors of this product.

on 11/28/2014 9:15:00 PM

I LOVE this quad. With such boring packaging, you wouldn't expect such high quality shadows. These are great! I especially love the dusty rose color on the bottom left - so unique. The texture of these shadows is incredible; they feel so smooth and almost creamy. One "side effect" of that is that these to have quite a bit of fallout, so you have to make sure you tap the excess off your brush, but the fallout doesn't really bother me because they go on so smoothly and blend so easily. This is a great, affordable matte palette and I highly recommend it!

on 8/13/2014 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

((These dupe discoveries are NOT mine, they are from this video------>

please watch if you are interested in further details!!!!))

Upper right = MAC Malt
Lower left = MAC Quarry or UD Tease
Lower right = MAC Blackberry

I own a ton of PF eyeshadows, but this is my all time favorite palette, especially now that I know it contains MAC dupes!!! These are such good quality, and even though PF is a little more of a pricey drugstore brand, they are worth it, and you can always catch a sale. I can't compare the consistency of these to MAC, because I don't have any matte shadows from MAC. However, the consistency is extremely comparable to Makeupgeek's shadows, and I LOVE those!

I hope you watch the video I linked, it contains so much good info about these and how they compare to MAC. :)

on 2/21/2014 11:58:00 AM

You know how everyone seems to recommend shades of browns for a neutral, go to look? Well, it never worked for me. No matter how many neutral palettes I tried (especially those marketed to someone like me w/ blue eyes), the colors always appeared muddy and utterly unflattering. Until I found this beautiful quad! I now know the appeal of a nude, naked, natural (a neutral eye has many a name) eye that makes my eyes look defined, rested, soft and sultry! I am enjoying the versatility of this palette. I can even use the brow in place of my brow pencil. All the colors are deeply pigmented, soft in texture, very easy to blend and long lasting. Even without primer! Effortless! I find myself using these shadows to blend out other colors as all 4, totally matte colors (a soft dove grey, a flesh toned neutral, a dusty/fleshy rose toned color and a deep cool toned brown) lend themselves to other, more colorful looks. If I want to create a more adventurous and colorful look I can blend one or more of these colors with a vibrant color and it perfectly transitions to whatever color I choose without giving a muddy appearance. This is my ultimate HG and when I travel I make sure to take this along. The packaging is not flashy, but totally functional. It snaps closed and stays that way, but you won't break a nail when you try to open it. Besides, while I love a pretty package, I'm more about what's inside! That's what truly counts (in both people and cosmetics, IMO!). If anyone out there is fair and cool toned like me, please try! And after having this for months of regular use, I'm still finding new ways to utilize this! I want to shout it from the rooftop- Try This! It's Awesome!

on 1/4/2014 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Great quality matte shades and all shades are neutral (aside from the horrible blue toned grey supposed highlight shade) the other 3 are exceptional, a nude blush pinky beige, a pale creamy pinky beige and a mink grey toned brown. All pair beautifully with an offwhite highlight and some liner for a classic daytime eye. I scored this off someone who is cooltoned who this didn't work for, I am warm toned and it works great on me.

on 12/8/2013 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great quality!Easy to applie and very easy to blend!The only thing i do'nt like is the packaging!Looks cheap !Stupid small mirror wich is absolutely usesless but other than that it's a great product from PF.

on 8/25/2013 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ordered this set, along with Classic Nudes, from Ulta for I couldn't find them around here. This is more cool toned than the Nude set but it still looks good on my NC15-20 skin. The light blue and dark grey are my faves out of the set. So pretty and sparkle free!!! yay!! Don't get me wrong, I love my Urban Decay shadows but now that I'm getting closer to 34, I crave some non-shimmery options and these are right up my alley. Love these quads and I hope to eventually get the Canyon Classics one.

Video Reviews & Tutorials