April 20, 2014 | 995 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Matte Collection Quad in Quartz Quartet

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kjmama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

You know how everyone seems to recommend shades of browns for a neutral, go to look? Well, it never worked for me. No matter how many neutral palettes I tried (especially those marketed to someone like me w/ blue eyes), the colors always appeared muddy and utterly unflattering. Until I found this beautiful quad! I now know the appeal of a nude, naked, natural (a neutral eye has many a name) eye that makes my eyes look defined, rested, soft and sultry! I am enjoying the versatility of this palette. I can even use the brow in place of my brow pencil. All the colors are deeply pigmented, soft in texture, very easy to blend and long lasting. Even without primer! Effortless! I find myself using these shadows to blend out other colors as all 4, totally matte colors (a soft dove grey, a flesh toned neutral, a dusty/fleshy rose toned color and a deep cool toned brown) lend themselves to other, more colorful looks. If I want to create a more adventurous and colorful look I can blend one or more of these colors with a vibrant color and it perfectly transitions to whatever color I choose without giving a muddy appearance. This is my ultimate HG and when I travel I make sure to take this along. The packaging is not flashy, but totally functional. It snaps closed and stays that way, but you won't break a nail when you try to open it. Besides, while I love a pretty package, I'm more about what's inside! That's what truly counts (in both people and cosmetics, IMO!). If anyone out there is fair and cool toned like me, please try! And after having this for months of regular use, I'm still finding new ways to utilize this! I want to shout it from the rooftop- Try This! It's Awesome!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Great quality matte shades and all shades are neutral (aside from the horrible blue toned grey supposed highlight shade) the other 3 are exceptional, a nude blush pinky beige, a pale creamy pinky beige and a mink grey toned brown. All pair beautifully with an offwhite highlight and some liner for a classic daytime eye. I scored this off someone who is cooltoned who this didn't work for, I am warm toned and it works great on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great quality!Easy to applie and very easy to blend!The only thing i do'nt like is the packaging!Looks cheap !Stupid small mirror wich is absolutely usesless but other than that it's a great product from PF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I ordered this set, along with Classic Nudes, from Ulta for I couldn't find them around here. This is more cool toned than the Nude set but it still looks good on my NC15-20 skin. The light blue and dark grey are my faves out of the set. So pretty and sparkle free!!! yay!! Don't get me wrong, I love my Urban Decay shadows but now that I'm getting closer to 34, I crave some non-shimmery options and these are right up my alley. Love these quads and I hope to eventually get the Canyon Classics one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an easy everyday palette for me. All shades are matte which I love! I use matte beige right under the browbone, the silvery gray on the lids, the rosy brown on the hollows of my eye, and the charcoal gray to deepen my crease and to line my eyes. The shadows are soft a bit powdery since it's finely milled. The only con for me is that the lighter colors don't show up as well on my skintone unless I use a colored base. I highly recommend using Maybelline Color Tattoo in Toughest Taupe as a base to use under these shadows! Overall I can see myself repurchasing these eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This palette would likely be HG material for me if I wasn't allergic to the shadows. The color selection is a perfect blend of cool toned neutrals. They are extremely pigmented and never creased on me, with or without primer, and have excellent staying power. However, like the other reviewer this product irritated my eyes and made them slightly swollen and crusty (gross, I know). This is esp. annoying considering the packaging says that it is formulated for sensitive eyes. I have four of the PF shimmer strips palettes and have never had an issue with those. Too bad because it is very rare to find good quality matte drug store eye shadows. If you don't have sensitive eyes I would still rec. this palette because it is inexpensive and the colors are easy to wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by jessadores

I say if you can get your hand on these and are on the hunt for good drugstore mattes it's definitely worth a try.Yes they are not on the same level as high-end brands, but they are still great. Anyways I use these with other eyeshadows, but you can still get a very nice look with only this palette. They are powdery and do not show up exactly as they look in the pan, but still blend very nicely. I wore them for 7 hours without a primer, and very minimal creasing. I have to add that the only place I have ever seen these is at ulta and this was the last one in these shades,but I only paid $6.79. So for $1.70 per MATTE eyeshadow I say do it, good mattes are hard to come by in the drugstore range.
**UPDATE**
I took off a lippie because I purchased the Sonia Kashuk eye on neutrals palette, which is all mattes and I absolutely love it and those shadows are really pigmented and look the same as they do in the pan. I will still use these, but I will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this palette! I mostly use the top right corner one (cream color) the most for blending the crease area and to tone down the shimmer/shine on my lids. And I use the grey color (bottom right) as a brow filler by using an angle brush. The grey matches with my dark hair color without looking like a fake reddish/brown color: contrasting with my brows. It was only $10 from my local grocery store. I wasn't sure at first if I would keep the palette, but I ended up keeping it because it is such a great go to palette. Highly recommended if you like creating a natural everyday look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I did not find this as pigmented as I expected. Physicians Formula eyeshadows are the only shadows I can wear for a long period of time without irritation so I will continue to buy these but I wish there were more shades to choose from. I would not repurchase this quad because the colors did not suit my complexion and don't feel it has great color payoff. However, I do love, love the baked smokes collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by herbst3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really love the bottom right color, bottom 1/2 of lids. Similar to UD Heist. I never had an issue with it melting away, and I have oily skin. The pigment of this color is good, in my opinion, but keep in mind that I am very fair. It shows up really well.

Edit: Weird. Every time I wear this, I wake up the next day with crusty eyes. Anyone else having this problem? I'm sad I'm going to have to find a substitute for this unique and pretty shade.