November 27, 2014 | 993 users online

Lips - Kanebo - super essence lip gloss in wine-red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2005 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Lady_Polaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Kanebo Super Essence Lip Color Gloss is a sheer lipstick-y product packaged in a slim lip balm-type tube. The color of the tube corresponds to the color of the product inside. It's way cute, thin and very portable. The slimmer tube also has the advantage of making application more precise.

First of all, this is no 'Lip Color Gloss'. It does have a slightly glossy finish, but only in the sense that it's not matte. Heck, MAC Lustre lipsticks are glossier. So, the 'gloss' part dies there. In texture, it resembles a sheer lipstick or lip stain. On my dry lips, sometimes it tugs just a little bit. It's not a particularly creamy or balmy product (even though it doesn't dry out the lips either). The wonderful consequence is: it LASTS, and then lasts some more. On the lips, it deposits sheer layers of color that can be built to your heart's desire, up to full coverage. It feels like a very lightweight lip product; only slightly creamy, if that. No fragrance (only that of the ingredients), no taste. I cannot think of any lip product I own that feels as natural and lightweight on my lips as this.

I bought this as Red; it's actually a beautiful cherry-wine color that, depending upon the intensity of application, can result in anything from extremely natural just-bitten lips to an all-out luscious lipstick-y cherry pout. An absolute winner! My other 'just-bitten' lipcolors have finally met their lightweight match.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 5:19:00 PM More reviews by April2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kanebo's super essence lip products ROCK!~ This berry/wine color is so gorgeous and lasts all day on me which is surprising because it appears sheer, yet is highly pigmented at the same time. I top it off with Kanebo's super essence platinum pearl gloss and it becomes the most beautiful lip combo I've ever come up with. IMHO, the quality of Japanese drugstore lipsticks/glosses beat some American high-end lippies. These feel terrific and moisturizing on my lips. Comes in a twist up tube and also goes by the name "SOFY WINE." I got this at my local Japanese grocery store for about $5.00. If you find them, stock up! Awesome product for such a great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2003 7:05:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lately I've become obsessed with finding Asian cosmetics here in the US. I located a company called Sunpowerusa.com and they have a few selections from Kanebo cosmetics. I ordered this lip gloss in wine-red for $5.70. This is really a sheer lipstick and not a lip gloss. I really like this color and the staying power is very good. It's a shame that this only comes in two colors (or that's all this company sells) this wine-red plus a sun bronze. This is a wonderful sheer berry color that meets or beats all other sheer berry lipsticks I own at less than half the normal price.