July 26, 2014 | 983 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - polish

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

I worked at a nail salon and have tried high-end polishes to low-end polishes. Just because something is cheap does not mean that the quality is cheap. In this case, cheap polish=cheap quality. This is very inexpensive polish, it goes on easily, and it looks pretty good. It doesn't stay that way, which makes it a bad polish. You want it to last at least three days, but it just doesn't have that kind of staying power. Even if you use a base coat and a top coat. I haven't had it on my nail polish rack for too long and the polish in the bottles are already drying out and clumping up. I'd pay a little more money to buy polishes by Essie, Zoya, or OPI. Those will last you three days at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For the darker colors, I only need one coat for the color to come out smooth and opaque! For the lighter ones, I usually need two coats max. I was really surprised with how nice these polishes went on since they were so cheap; they didn't disappoint!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love these. Some colors though you would have to add a couple of coats. But these are great. Seriously. Super cheap. It's only $0.99. It does chip easily but hey easier to remove now. So just add a clear coat to top it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Youhaveabigbut

It's like less than a dollar but they suck ! You have to put like 3 coats in order to get the actual color . The tops coats peal. Then the other day my cousin was going to paint her nails using the wet n wild nail polish and the glass broke when she twisted the brush to open it and cut her self. Just spend the extra 2 or 3 dollars and get yourself a better nail polish that will actually LAST you and won't HURT yourself.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by MikuM

Bought it for 99 cents. The polish is clumpy and sticky like glue. Doesn't apply well.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by AndieMc

Do not buy the regular wet n' wild polishes. They do not stay on your nails for even a day. Within hours I will have chipping and the color will be flaking off. Spend a dollar or two more and get something that actually works.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a huge fan of cheap nail polishes because spending $8 for ONE color is insane. When you can spend $8 colors for 8 different polishes, why wouldn't you? The choice is pretty obvious.

I think a lot of people avoid cheaper polishes because they believe they're sacrificing quality to save a few bucks. I find my nails chip about the same when I'm wearing OPI vs. Wet n Wild or NYC. If you have problems with chipping like I do (I'm never careful with my hands), just use a clear top coat. I find it makes polishes last twice as long as usual for me.

Pros: I found the Wet n Wild Shine polish to go on well. The formula is smooth and practically opaque, and it goes on better than other cheap polishes that are double it's price. (I really disliked Pure Ice polish.)

Con: There isn't much variety, unlike Pure Ice, Sally Hansen, Sinful Colors, etc. Though, I don't find that too big of a deal as I'm not a polish hoarder. Though, at this price, I might start. ;)

Overall, you can't go wrong with these polishes. They're only $1, and if you don't like them, return them. Walmart has a great return policy, and I usually shop there for cosmetics, as they'll always accept them if I don't like it for whatever reason.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really dislike WNW polishes. I've tried many colors, and even with orly bonder basecoat and seche vite/poshe/revlon topcoats, it chips or peels in under 12 hours. They also apply very streaky for me. I won't be trying any more WNW polishes. (but their eyeshadow is awesome!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by p3ischarmed13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love these!! great colors, great names, awesome priced and pigmentation. Cant ever go wrong with these

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by mischa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is actually a review for the fastdry polishes, but I don't see any of the colors I've sampled so far already listed, nor a generic listing for their fastdry polishes.

I think I've found my new favorite quick drying nail polishes! Sally Hansen Insta Dry was my go-to before this, but their brush is horrible and the polishes seem to be a little thick to me and require some skill to apply without gunking up. I also own several bottles of the Revlon Top Speed polishes, but I'm not really excited about them. They smell really strange, and with the exception of Ocean, I'm not a big fan of the color selection. I paid $1.99 for the Wet 'n' Wild polishes, and SH or Revlon are at 2-3 times as much.

I discovered the Wet 'n' Wild fastdry polishes at Walgreens the other night when I was looking for some green and yellow polish as I was attending a couple of Super Bowl parties this past Sunday. Obviously, I didn't want to spend a fortune on colors I don't generally wear, so these seemed to fit the bill. Since then, I've gone back for 10 more bottles! So far, I've tried The Wonder Yellows, SaGreena the Teenage Witch, Blue Wants to Be A Millionaire, and Teal or No Teal.

First off, I'm impressed by the brush. It's not perfect, but it isn't wide or obnoxious like the Sally Hansen Insta Dry brushes. At first I was picking up too much color (the brush is on the thicker side), but once I got the hang of it, it went on pretty easily and I didn't need to spend a ton of time with cleanup.

The polish is pretty thin, and it required 4 coats to get the opacity I wanted was looking for. On some nails, 3 coats was fine, but a few nails still had a few minor "bald spots", which were taken care of with the 4th coat. However, I actually prefer polish to be thinner side since it's easier to apply and goes on more smoothly without gunking up. Plus, thick polish seems to take longer to dry and is more susceptible to nicks and smudges or sheet marks (I generally do my nails before bed). These polishes dried pretty quickly, so I didn't mind having to apply an extra coat.

My process: I put on an episode of Psyche (no commercial breaks) and applied the Mavala Protective Base Coat. I waited about 3 minutes before applying the first coat of Teal or No Teal. I waited about 2 minutes between each of the next three coats. Then I applied the Mavala Colorfix top coat, waited a minute and applied a couple of drops of the Zoya Hurry Up Speed Dry Drops. My manicure was completely dry well before the credits rolled.

The colors are quite vibrant and shimmery. Teal or No Teal is especially lovely and iridescent, although I think it's more turquoise than teal. If you put the bottles side by side, it's almost identical to the Sally Hansen Insta Dry in Blue Streak, but the shimmery bits in Blue Streak seem slightly chunkier (not sure how else to describe it). I actually prefer the Wet 'n' Wild on my nails though. It somehow seems more subtle and wearable and when it catches the light, it seems to have a hint of gold to it, which I like. Blue Streak seemed is a little bit too candy blue for my tastes.

Blue Wants to Be a Millionaire was the only one so far that was disappointing. It really more of a glittery top coat than the pretty blue in the bottle. I'm going to try a base coat of a nude color polish to see if I can get the blue to show up in this one.

So far, these are overally a great buy. It's hard to beat the price, too, and I like them a lot better than either the Revlon or Sally Hansen offerings. I can't wait to see what other colors they release in the future.