December 20, 2014 | 1547 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Casablanca

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have sort of forgot about this lipstick during the most depressing and grey winter of all times. But this is definately going back on my lips in the near future, wonderful coral color! I didn't think it would work on me since I have a very cool colouring, but it is gorgeous on!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

A deep peach lipstick with rust and orange undertones on my pigmented NC30 Asian lips. By itself, it is just as another user perfectly described: a terra cotta burnt orange. Not my color on its own, but it is a great peach base to layer other colors since has enough pigment to blot out my lips natural color. I like to layer Nars' Bolero velvet matte lip pencil on top for a perfect peachy pink color. Formula is a bit drying, but it wears very evenly, which is a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by wednesdei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On the Nars website, Casablanca is said to be a classic full bodied coral. I have to say that description is just half true. On my lips, it delivers more as a nice terracotta brick orange that almost has its own character. Definitely a one of its kind shade that I have been enjoying slapping on my lips recently. It is almost opaque in a swipe and stays decently on the lips. A quick dab is all it takes for it to light up my face (so day-appropriate), while piling a few more layers is all I need to achieve that sultry, fierce pack of color (but still not over the top). It also has a nice subtle glossy sheen which makes pairing it with a lip gloss optional.However, Casabalanca is a satin; -which means that it is not the most moisturizing formula in lipstick land (but lasting power is superb!). So I make sure to pop that extra lip balm underneath before swiping this on.

Swatches on my blog: http://mygorgeouspinkcheeks.blogspot.com/2012/03/nars-casablanca-lipstick.html

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by kellieliza

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Such a beautiful color. Lights up my pale, yellow-toned complexion. It is a bit drying as other reviewers have pointed out, but I know of no dupes for this color by other brands. In fact this whole color family (terracotta/coral/brick) seems underserved. I want more!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 8:16:00 AM More reviews by amandakoran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Casablanca is my favorite l/s ever! The pigmentation is just amazing. On my skin (NC40) I love how this doesn't look orange. Lightly applied it looks like a nude-ish color with just a hint of coral.. Pack it on and it works amazing as well. You don't want to wear this shade if you dont want people staring at your lips.. cause this one makes people do that.

As with all things Nars, love the sleek packaging. Dislike how little product your getting. The lipstick's so short! However, I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Can I be inlove with a lipstick? Cause I think I am with Nars Casablanca.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is a true coral orange color. It is semi matte which means you must use a balm underneath and on top (unless you use gloss).

I have had this for a few years now and usually dust it off for spring/summer.. but last year I forgot about it! This year with all the emphasis on coral shades, I went into my old stash and dug it up again.. and found an almost perfect corally orange shade.. easily changed to lighter coral with a gloss on top (light pink or gold) or more orangey (I used Estee Lauder bronze goddess in the orange/gold shade gloss).

It really is a great color but as one reviewer did point out, it does smell like crayons! Took a lippie off for that!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 3:47:00 AM More reviews by stella84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

On me this is a rich sunbaked terracotta colour. It is definitely not coral! I adore how it feels on my lips, really hydrating and smooth, i am definitely going to try more Nars lipsticks in the Satin texture. This is not for the faint hearted as mentioned in the previous reviews, i wear it only with a neutral eye and neutral cheeks as it doesn't need competition from any other colours.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2009 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Montana_Wildhack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one who complains about the smell? My Casablanca smells strongly like old crayons, I always have to use it in combination with a gloss or another lipstick that covers the odor. As much as I like the beautiful coral color and the texture, but for a high-end brand, I definitely expected a better scent from the product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hated this when I first got it, mainly because it is *very* pigmented, especially for the coral color that it is, like all the other reviews explain. I started to like it when I put it on really lightly with my finger and then glazed it over just a tad with a very lightly tinted pink gloss. It certainly brightens up your face, as any lipstick does, but you have to be careful when you're applying it otherwise you'll just have orange lips. I wish NARS has a similar shade with a slightly pinker tone, but they don't. I still don't know how I feel about it, but then again I'm not very big on lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2007 2:31:00 PM More reviews by missilita1

This was my favorite lip color in the NARS FAME palette, so I finally bought the lipstick. I was blown away by how much more pigmented the lipstick is, compared to the palette color. This is really a beautiful rich creamy coral - unfortunately... it's not the same color as the palette color (extra light, extra coral-ly) and does not work on me. :(