July 26, 2014 | 932 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - Five Color Eyeshadow 780 Mauve Chic

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Physeter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A lovely selection of plum / pinks that all go together beautifully. You could use as many or as few of the five shades to get lots of different looks. The shades all blend smoothly. There is a good amount of pigment, and the eye shadow texture is lovely. You can't really go wrong with this palette, and it's good for day or night, depending on how you apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 12:09:00 PM More reviews by dominique_francon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG, everyday eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2006 3:27:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty set of purples. Although the colors are not my absolute favorite, its a great compact to have around becuase of the multitude of looks i can create for my dark brown eyes. I absolutely LOVE the texture of dior shadows. Probably more-so than Chanel. I got this as a gift, but if I had the money I'd run out and buy lots more dior quints. Highly recommend this to girls looking for mauve shadows/a variety of colors in that family. Would look great with brown or green eyes IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2005 7:34:00 PM More reviews by diva959

these are my absolute HG eyeshadows. the quality is excellent and they blend like a dream. i have had this quint for 2 years, and with a lot of use i still have not even come close to the bottom of any of the pans. you can't beat that. they bring out my green eyes like no others, i just love them.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2005 4:26:00 PM More reviews by chilli

Dior shadows are the best on market. Unfortunately Mauve Chic made me (warm PPP with green eyes) looked like I had been mugged. Can't pull these off, but on someone else they'll look gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2005 2:17:00 PM More reviews by st3lla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE DIOR SHADOW!! long lasting, silky texture and no creasing, while most shadows crease on me. the colour are perfect, can be worn in many many combinations or just as solo e/s. intensity is buildable..subtle or smoky or in between, it's up to u! HUGE RAVES

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 10:50:00 AM More reviews by leonie_au

I'm a big fan of Dior eyeshadows... long lasting, silky smooth to apply and blend, and never crease. I have a few quints but find I reach for Mauve Chic most often. My favourite shade is the slightly shimmery lavender/taupe which I wear as an eyelid wash when I'm too tired/lazy/bored in the morning to apply something more interesting. Mauve Chic is one of the rare Dior quints in which all five shades coordinate perfectly! ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 7:41:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Dior shadows are just the best: superior quality, texture, pigment, smoothness, and upscale packaging. If you find a set that works for you, I find the Dior quints to be an excellent value. This set, Mauve Chic, was just a poor color choice for my skintone. I am an NC15-20, coppery hair and hazel eyes. No matter what I tried, I looked overdone and bruised with this set. This has nothing to do with the quality of this set, but more with it just not being right for my pale, warm appearance. The colors in this set were either cool, or muddy-red undertoned, neither of which look good on me. But the quality itself was still sooo good!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2004 10:03:00 PM More reviews by piyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

where have these eyeshadows been all my life?! i recently purchased the cd quints in beige massai and mauve chic, and i'm totally in love. the quality of these e/s FAR surpasses pretty much all other brands i have tried (mac, nars, stila, lorac, etc etc). very well pigmented and soooo silky smooth. these apply and wear like a dream! the colors in this quint include: a matte lilac, a matte medium grayish plum, a shimmery light gray wish some purple undertones, a matte dark warm brown, a matte blackened plum. all of the colors coordinate very well and look very good on my asian coloring. the sleek mirrored compact is very nice too. overall, this is one of the very best eyeshadow products i have ever tried!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2004 7:24:00 AM More reviews by sunshine34

This is one of the more colour coordinated Dior e/s palettes for those of you who like it all there in front of you in one package.

These colours are all very wearable and there is nothing extreme in here.

Of course the quality is sublime!

I use this a lot.

These are the BEST eyeshadows. They are the shadows that baby e/s aspire to be. (had to get that off my chest!) Also, I LIKE that the colour combinations are *ahem* 'Quirky'! How many dark brown / mid brown / beige e/s palettes do you want or need?! These are more interesting than that! (You can go to Bobbi Brown for 3 shades of matte brown huh?) The quality is unparalleled.Their texture is nothing short of gorgeous! They are silky smooth, finely milled, blendable, buildable. They don't cake, don't fade, don't crease, don't 'drop'. Next, You get a fair amount of product for your money so I don't find them outrageously expensive at all. I disagree with some of the girls that CD e/s are 'heavily pigmented' I think they have exactly the right amount of pigment. I've had trouble with e/s and blushes which have too much pigment. I always feel I have to be 'careful' applying them - Not So with these CD quints! I've got Basic Chic, Brun Casual, Mauve Chic, Gris VIP, and I WANT MORE Dagnabbit!