October 25, 2014 | 878 users online

Hair - L'Oreal - Feria Power Reds

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by laurentate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Red Velvet...the only positive I can say is that the oil was nice along with the shampoo and conditioner. It dried out my hair horribly. I started out with a faded red and bought this to do a touch up. The color on the box (side) was gorgeous and SHOULD have been close to what I got. After 25 minutes from STARTING the process, I washed it out. I have almost black hair with red undertones - only in the right light. I'm hoping it'll fade fast. If not....I'm going to my colorist. It's a waste of time and money for me. Maybe if I hadn't already had red dyed hair...but I doubt it. I'm pretty ticked off.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Binney

Hair dyes are either a hit or miss. This one worked well for me but I didn't like the way it made my hair feel.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by astrid525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The moment i saw this hair dye i completely fell in love with it because its only been like forever since ive been looking for this color so i was excited to know i was gonna have this hair color... WHAT A WASTE!!!!!! i had red hair before i used this product now its an ugly mixture of black and purple and slight red tones to it i hate it... i just dont understand how after already having red hair and just wanting to enhance the red it ended up looking so bad im not planning on ever buying this product again and its such a shame with how beautiful the color on the box looks... Just incredibly dissapointed. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by bettythomson88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WISH THERE WAS A '0' RATING CUZ THS ONE GETS IT DOESN'T DESERVE THE 1!!!!! I was sooooo EXCITED to the max when I found the loreal feria red velvet power red color. The picture on the box is so gorgeous and everything I was looking for. I have dyed my hair 3 different reds in past few months and the only other one I liked was the semi permanent splat in crimson red but don't recommend it.cuz it washed out in week. And my hair is naturally dark brown super dry frizzy curly. Medium to long and super thick. I read the reviews on this dye and most said it sucked but I already threw my receipt away so dyed my hair anyway. It didn't even look any different no one noticed not even my husband. Oh my 3yr old daughter did and only.cuz she watched me dye it. I only notice the red lol TMI part; when I'm on toilet cuz I have window behind it and see the red from looking in mirror straight ahead. I dunno. And my hair is so much drier . Ewww. I actually have in my hair this very second the bioinfusion critical care masque along with olive oil sour cream honey egg whites. Lol I mixed it all cuz I used all the tub in my thick hair and it still wasn't saturated . Hope this helps.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Performance wise I have to give this product a good review because it did make my hair red, however, it made it really red and purple with some pink thrown in the mix. Every time I washed it the water was magenta and my hair started to get redder and redder to the point that in the sun it looked fluorescent, I have natural dark brown hair. Between my job and my age I was only able to stand it for a week and had to recolor it a normal brown.
EDIT: moths later (March'14) and I am still trying to cover this hc, WTH

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by silentserenade

I've been dying my hair with this product in various colors, but it's the best red box dye i've ever bought. About a year ago i had decided to dye my hair red for the first time, and purchased a Garnier box dye which was a HORRIBLE decision. I had many spots in my hair that were very noticeable that did not dye. I was horrified. I ran to Walmart and bought this in R37 Deep burgundy, and have forever been in love with it since. It does fade fast (i don't know a red dye that doesn't), but the key thing is to wash your hair in COLD water only. As cold as you can stand it. Use a depositing color shampoo (i got mine from Sally's) and a color stay conditioner. If you use a straightener or curling iron on your hair daily, Heat protectant is a MUST. It does not stain any of my clothes after I have washed my hair, and has not stained my straighter. Until I decide to go a different color other than red, this is definatley the product i'll be sticking with!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Rikiluvs

Fantastic for a box dye. It dyed my dirty blonde section of my hair vibrant red, my roots vibrant red, and left the parts of my hair that were dyed black a nice burgundy red. Great amount of product for the price, I purchased 2 boxes of dye for my belly length hair and still had half a bottle left over. Left my hair in better condition than before dying. I would definitely recommend it. Doesn't work the best on heavily dyed hair or with excessive buildup of darker hair dye, use a color remover before for better results.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for the Intense Deep Auburn/ Red Velvet shade only.

I have been using Feria for years. I have used so many of their reds, and for the most part, I think Feria's reds are the best box dyes available. The Crushed Garnet has been my go-to shade (and like I said, I have used every red they make) but when I saw this new Red Velvet color I HAD to try it. I wasn't able to find it in the stores, so I ordered it instead. I was so excited to try it out because the color on the box is gorgeous.
Since I use Feria so often the application process has become a no brainier for me. The application was fine, but I noticed this stung a great deal more than what I've previously experienced with Feria. I always leave it in for about 45 mins. I'm not sure what the suggested timing is, I just know what works for me when using Feria.

After washing the dye out, I always use the box conditioner, but then I use a deep conditioner after I rinse that out. I can't stand the smell of that box conditioner. If I don't use a deep conditioner afterward, my hair smells like plastic and frizzes.

My hair came out SO DARK. I was seriously shocked. I let it air dry (I never ever ever blow dry my hair after dying. I will usually wait about a week before I take heat tools to my head) and the color didn't get any lighter....nor was it very red. In fact, the red was almost unnoticeable. I was pissed.

Two days later I had the most insane dandruff of my life. It was SO bad and was so noticeable. I've NEVER had that kind of reaction when using any other dye, including Feria! I was so happy when the flaking of my scalp stopped. It took about a week to completely clear up.

It took about a month for the color to lighten up any, unlike Crushed Garnet which lightens up but makes the red more vibrant in just a few shampoos. It's been 3 months, and this awful color is still in my hair! I have ash blonde roots coming in and the rest of my hair is a dingy auburn. I refuse to re-dye it until this color gives way a little bit more.

My hair has been dry, frizzy and stringy after using this shade. It feels crunchy after a day, but my roots look really greasy.

I don't dislike Feria at all, even my stylist was impressed with the results I've had with their other shades and how healthy my hair has remained after using it. However, I absolutely loathe this particular color and formulation. I have 2 more boxes of it that are just going to rot in my cabinet. I haven't even had my hair cut because I know my stylist is going to flip out on me.

I will never repurchase this color again...even if its the last red dye on Earth.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by KamieCherise

I usually stay far away from box color. My nomal routine is Ion Brilliance 61r mixed with 71r and it is a pretty very bright red that leaves my hair soft and shiny but I don't like how quickly it fades. Saw the Feria R68 had good reviews. The color on the box looked similar to my regular one so I decided to give it a shot AND BOY DO I REGRET IT. The color came out much darker and extremely dull. It's not vivid red at all but more of an icky muddy brown red. It made my hair break and fall out all over the place. It dried my hair out horribly and the included conditioner did nothing to help. Also it did not take to my roots in random places (natural color is a dark blonde). For $11 a box it wasn't exactly cheap I could have done my regular color twice for that price. This crap totally wrecked my hair I don't recommend it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by tinannibal

SOOOO bad. MY hair is naturally black and the box said that this will lighten my hair and give it a subtle red tone. Yes, that happened, but oh-my-god the coverage was SO uneven even on my dark hair.

Will not be purchasing any more loreal hair products.