December 22, 2014 | 1675 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - VitaSkin Instant Sunless Tanning Lotion-Dark

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2008 2:31:00 AM More reviews by perfectknight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this stuff by the dozen at the dollar store. The instant bronzer was great, it added a good dose of color immediately. The color that developed was quite dark as well. This stuff was kind of drying, but not as bad as some other self tanners. Smell wasn't great, but the color was worth it. It's easy to use, as you can see where you've applied. The pumps always broke, but that's not a big deal. I really liked this stuff, I'm sorry I haven't found more. There's other self-tanners just as good, but the price made this stuff fab.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 1:12:00 AM More reviews by catwoman1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Too bad this self tanner has been discontinued. I used this for my wedding in 2003 and it looked perfectly natural. I bought about a dozen of these when I just happened to see it at Dollar Tree. (and I almost NEVER go to dollar stores; only about 2-3 times per year) I love the natural look it gave me but my only complaint was that the tinted lotion rubbed off on clothing and furniture, but that didn't give it a streaky or splotchy effect. When I run out of these I will be using Loreal Sublime Bronze. A woman at the store saw me looking at it and said that it was a good product and that she had used it in the last few days. That also looked natural, and she said she was as fair skinned as I am. (I'm a MAC NC15)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2006 3:39:00 PM More reviews by BethanyBoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I use the light/medium shade. It soaks into my skin very quickly and turns into a nice natural light tan within a few hours. I don't get any streaks and its smell is much more bearable than other brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2005 3:29:00 PM More reviews by medesigns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at the dollarstore. VERY NICE. I am also a self tanner-holic. So far I really liked this. It is not greasy or smelly what so ever. It is also oil-free. All the tan lotions/sprays I have used before causes me to feel slighty oily throughout the day and I can't wait to wash it off. This one feels just like an everyday lotion that dries nicely. Only complaint is the pump. I feel like I have to pump so much, only a little bit at a time comes out in one squirt.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2005 10:44:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BIG RAVE from me! I got this in dark. Altho it didnt turn me as dark as my L'Oreal Sublime Bronze, Im still tan and natural looking. I look healthy! I'm very pleased with this. Esp the fact that its at Big Lots right now for less that $3 for almost 6 oz! I massaged it on after a shower and exfoliation. It dried a lot faster than my L'Oreal SB. I put on some loose fitted clothes and went about the rest of my day like normal. I smelled a very slight scent of that telltale tanner smell but it wasnt nealry as strong as many other ST Ive tried. I definately recommend this tanning lotion. Its cheap but it works great! Minues 1 lippie because the pump on my bottle was acting retarded.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2005 6:58:00 AM More reviews by j2blue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the LIGHT formula.
It was ok but it made me a RUST color. I added lotion to it to thin it down so it would not be so HARSH but still RUST COLOR was all I could get out of it.

I bought it at THE DOLLAR STORE for a dollar so I had little loss.

I took it to work so others could try it and it was a BUST turned everyone rust even the darker skined ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2005 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Shasta5933

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I simply LOVE this stuff... I get asked all the time if I went away somewhere, thats how naturall this looks. Goes on smooth, and doesn't give me any breakouts at all, which is always a PLUS. I have rebought this several times already!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2004 5:01:00 PM More reviews by LovingMe830

A pleasant Surprise for this One! I LOVE Sublime Tinted Lotion in Deep(L'Oreal) BUT only for my Body-it is Terrible for Face(contains oil/Break-outs), so, After reading reviews, I Decided to get this for My face, & it is quite Good! 'Oil'-Free, easy to apply w/ Pump,But the Color-guide is Barely-There- End result is a Golden tan,No shimmer, not as 'Dark' as You'd expect, but More natural looking!It has good ingredients, drys in less than 10 minutes, DECENT smell,Under 7 Bucks for almost 6 oz.-Definitely Better than expected, Will continue using for My Face..Recommend-Yes

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2004 8:42:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

This is one of the best self tanners I have used. I have spent so much money on these products and I have to say this is one of the better ones on the market.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2004 10:32:00 PM More reviews by beaniezotzim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

At first I was really happy with this.... "oooh honey, look at how tan I am..." then I went walking on the beach and noticed that I looked orange compared to all of the people with REAL tans. oh well. I have done some research since this incident and found another self tanner worth a try called Savage Bronze Mousse.....(found at Sally's beauty) Good stuff ladies, good stuff, not as dark as one might like, but very natural looking.