October 31, 2014 | 976 users online

Styling Products - Aussie - Sprunch Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Kayleen7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you're looking for a hairspray to hold in curls that you've styled yourself, I don't really think this is the best for that. I think its true purpose is to enhance natural waves and curls without having a crunchy or sticky feel. I think it's great for my hair which is wavy and tends to frizz up and get puffy. It is a really quick and easy way for a casual hairstyle that isn't so forced (the way it might look with stronger hairsprays). It is a go-to spray on days when I want to wear my hair out but am not really sure what to do with my hair. It gives a flexible hold that lasts long and all I do is scrunch it up and toss it around a bit after spraying. It's great for what it is supposed to do and I don't notice the smell that most have mentioned as being absolutely wonderful or extremely horrid. I can see myself buying it again because although I have some other products that create a similar effect, none of them are meant to be applied to dry hair. Being able to apply it to hair that isn't necessarily freshly washed is important because I don't wash my hair everyday and I don't always want to plan my hairstyles in advance. With the Sprunch Spray I can reach for it 5 minutes before I leave--it takes less than a minute to spray and quickly scrunch up for an easy hairstyle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Tiff7iff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very fine wavy hair that is actually quite versatile if I start it off right. This spray is marvelous for holding in your waves and giving you body. After I shower I put hair gel in my hair and scrunch it up and let it air dry (for my hair blow drying it makes it look worse). Once the gel is dry I tousle my hair to make it not so crunchy. Then I use this spray all over, to further define curls, give me more body, and set it. This stuff is marvelous! I have tried garnier sprays, all different types of hairspray, and even "sea spray" sprays. But, this stuff works. I feel if it works for fussy thin hair, it would work for thick hair as well. Use after gel, not alone. Or on already curled hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, so i see all the bad reviews for this. I also see how everyone is saying they use it. I dont think its being used correctly. I use this AFTER I put my gel in my wet hair. It makes it curl up more and HOLDS it there. I can even sleep on this stuff and wake up, wet it a LITTLE and a LITTLE gel and spray it and still looks good. I am also blow drying and scrunching up my hair off and on during this process. Works great. I have VERY thick heavy hair. It was also extremely long most of the time using this. I love it. the spray bottle does suck tho. Wish they would go back to the aerosol can, it worked much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Rieadd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm at my 2nd bottle and it is AMAZING. You can choose how strong it holds you hair and it lasts forever. It also keep your curls or whatever you do in place during winter or summer and it smells SO good.

However, I think they changed the bottle and it doesn't spray as good as it used to but luckily, I kept my old one and just switched the new product into the old bottle.

I'd never trade it for any other "hairspray."

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Ilovemakeup721

I am on like my 10th bottle of this stuff. It is one of my holy grail hair products. Ok so if you are looking for a strong hold hairspray, do not purchase this product. You will be really disappointed. This product if meant for a very light hold. I have naturally curly and frizzy hair. If I use mousse or gel alone, my hair gets super puffy. All hairsprays I used would make my hair crunchy and hard, or they would be too expensive. This is only about $3 and it doesn't make my hair crunchy at all. It tames my frizz and puffiness. It doesn't weigh my hair down. It actually gives me just the right amount of volume. The package isn't my favorite, but I can't complain for the price. Sometimes it is tough to spray the product out, but I can deal with that. A tip for this product is using it when your hair is wet. I spray this into my wet hair and let it air dry. This probably won't work well if you are using it to hold an already dried style. If you are going for that simple wave/curl, you will love this. I will use this product for the rest of my life.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Sigh...why did I give in and buy this?! You would think that by now I should give up on trying new hair care products and just stick to what I know works for me. I decided to give this a try because I typically like finishing off my hairstyling with a little hairspray on an almost daily basis. I had been using Got2 Be Glued and that works great. I thought I would try the Aussie Sprunch because it is supposed to enhance your curls- and supposedly you can use it as a scrunching spray as well as a hairspray. Well, this did ABSOLUTELY nothing to enhance my curls when I scrunched it into my hair. Plain water does more. This is JUST a lightweight hairspray- there doesn't seem to be anything curl enhancing about it. And as a hairspray it's not even all that great. It does provide a very light, non-crunchy, flexible hold... so if you are looking for that in a hairspray, this will work for you. I prefer hairspray that provides better hold, though. The smell is akin to grape soda and didn't bother me. Just totally bummed that this did not work as a curl enhancing scrunching spray. Hope I can return it... :(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Pennyenvy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this... I did.. I adore me some Aussie and I'm kind of lazy sometimes so I wanted to figure out a way to do something with my straight hair on my less-than-motivated days...

This was not the answer...

I have really fine hair... And I had a heck of a time getting my hair unstuck from my hand when the "sprunching" process started. I eventually got some sort of wavy effect... But my gays starting referring to me as a scarecrow that day because my hair felt like straw..

So while this is clearly not ideal for my hair, maybe it's better suited for thicker hair :)

Additional note: I used this one other time... I was a pirate for Halloween last year... Worked perfect for that! (Except for the stickiness.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My daughter wanted to try this, so I bought it for her. Later that night when she came into her room, I asked her which of her body sprays, she used, because it smelled horrible and I was going to advise her to get rid of it! She insisted she wasn't wearing any fragrance, and even brought the one I suspected and sprayed it on her arm for me to smell. Finally, she told me she had tried the new hair product, and I smelled her hair, and that was definitely the culprit. It's kind of like a strong, rancid, hairspray smell. I would not want her to go into class and have people say, "what's that smell?" To be fair, she probably over sprayed it, but it lingered quite a while, and was quite noticeable. It's going back today.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Girocctl

This made my hair oily, flat, and frizzy. It did absolutely nothing for my hair and just made it straight and wet looking.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this stuff. Did absoultely NOTHING for my hair. I think it might have even caused more frizz. I can tolerate the smell, typical Aussie Brand smell. I was expecting it to deliver what a hairspray might (especially since it says that on the bottle!) at least close to it, and it does not. I think it may have a better affect on dry hair than on wet/damp hair. At least it wasn't crazy expensive....
UPDATE: Ok this works best on DRY hair. By best I mean it actually works like a hairspray should work. And probably not the best kind of hairspray... unless you want a flat, basic appearance this will help with that, but that's about it............. Will definitely pass up next time.