April 19, 2014 | 1514 users online

Styling Products - Aussie - Sprunch Spray

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Sigh...why did I give in and buy this?! You would think that by now I should give up on trying new hair care products and just stick to what I know works for me. I decided to give this a try because I typically like finishing off my hairstyling with a little hairspray on an almost daily basis. I had been using Got2 Be Glued and that works great. I thought I would try the Aussie Sprunch because it is supposed to enhance your curls- and supposedly you can use it as a scrunching spray as well as a hairspray. Well, this did ABSOLUTELY nothing to enhance my curls when I scrunched it into my hair. Plain water does more. This is JUST a lightweight hairspray- there doesn't seem to be anything curl enhancing about it. And as a hairspray it's not even all that great. It does provide a very light, non-crunchy, flexible hold... so if you are looking for that in a hairspray, this will work for you. I prefer hairspray that provides better hold, though. The smell is akin to grape soda and didn't bother me. Just totally bummed that this did not work as a curl enhancing scrunching spray. Hope I can return it... :(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Pennyenvy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this... I did.. I adore me some Aussie and I'm kind of lazy sometimes so I wanted to figure out a way to do something with my straight hair on my less-than-motivated days...

This was not the answer...

I have really fine hair... And I had a heck of a time getting my hair unstuck from my hand when the "sprunching" process started. I eventually got some sort of wavy effect... But my gays starting referring to me as a scarecrow that day because my hair felt like straw..

So while this is clearly not ideal for my hair, maybe it's better suited for thicker hair :)

Additional note: I used this one other time... I was a pirate for Halloween last year... Worked perfect for that! (Except for the stickiness.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My daughter wanted to try this, so I bought it for her. Later that night when she came into her room, I asked her which of her body sprays, she used, because it smelled horrible and I was going to advise her to get rid of it! She insisted she wasn't wearing any fragrance, and even brought the one I suspected and sprayed it on her arm for me to smell. Finally, she told me she had tried the new hair product, and I smelled her hair, and that was definitely the culprit. It's kind of like a strong, rancid, hairspray smell. I would not want her to go into class and have people say, "what's that smell?" To be fair, she probably over sprayed it, but it lingered quite a while, and was quite noticeable. It's going back today.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Girocctl

This made my hair oily, flat, and frizzy. It did absolutely nothing for my hair and just made it straight and wet looking.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this stuff. Did absoultely NOTHING for my hair. I think it might have even caused more frizz. I can tolerate the smell, typical Aussie Brand smell. I was expecting it to deliver what a hairspray might (especially since it says that on the bottle!) at least close to it, and it does not. I think it may have a better affect on dry hair than on wet/damp hair. At least it wasn't crazy expensive....
UPDATE: Ok this works best on DRY hair. By best I mean it actually works like a hairspray should work. And probably not the best kind of hairspray... unless you want a flat, basic appearance this will help with that, but that's about it............. Will definitely pass up next time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh my God. I honestly think I lack the vocabulary, experience, and rhetorical skills I'd need to adequately describe how foul this hairspray smells. The closest I can get is "someone left fruit punch out to ferment for weeks, then tried to spray over the goopy swill with half a bottle of designer imitation perfume." Or possibly "someone with terrible oral hygiene drank a case of berry soda and has been burping in my face for an hour." Except aerosolized! And inescapable. It actually gave me (and at least one innocent bystander who shares a bathroom with me) a headache! That has never happened to me before. I normally like Aussie products a lot, but this reeks so bad I couldn't even bear to stick around to see what my hair looked like styled with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I'm pretty surprised by all the bad reviews for this product...I really like it! It comes in a tall purple bottle with some general information like the brand and small product description on the front and more in depth information on the back. I normally use this in the mornings before school or if I'm going to the beach (which I probably do about once a year...and I live in a beach town). As another reviewer mentioned, this is for waves, not curls. Catch the Wave is even written right on the bottle. I find that this product gives my hair a nice smell to it while providing it with a nice- but never crunchy -wave. Here's how I use it:
-Before bed at night and after showering, I apply Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Serum to my hair and run it through.
-Then I use the Aussie split end protecant and run that through my hair.
-I use my blowdryer and the diffuser attatchment to dry my hair, but not take away my natrual waves.
-When I wake up, I straighten my awkward too-long-to-be-bangs-but-too-short-to-be-face-frames and then spritz around five to seven squirts onto my hair (which reaches mid back. I should probably use more...) and scrunch my hair up and hold it in place for about twenty seconds. When I let it go, the spray helps form the waves, which then stay in place all day. I've been really happy with my hair since using this.
Bottom line: It's a great product for us wavy haired girls, but I don't know if I'd buy it again. I'm always looking to try out new hair products, and while this is a nice product, I'd like to try more that claim to do the same thing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by gortney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have straight hair, and I was hoping for a hairspray that I could use to help me achieve a beachy look. I first spray my dry hair with a seasalt spray, add in a texturizer, then I diffuse my hair. Lastly I add this hairspray. I find it a little too wet and not as much hold as I would like. Since my hair is straight and very hard to achieve the messy look, I need a hairspray with more hold. Not for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Deviant666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product with the hopes that it would what it was made for. I have very thick hair, that has never held any styling, so my hopes weren't exactly high. Good thing, because other than making my hair smell great, this product is useless. I've followed all directions, and even explored the internet in hopes of finding some little trick to make it work. No luck!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by weegee56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I never got to see how this worked as the smell is so disgusting that I had to wash my hair at once. It smells like the deodorizer in a public toilet. Threw it away!