October 24, 2014 | 1579 users online

Mascara - Aveda - Mosscara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by TheresaDiMoan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After the Aveda lipglosses (which are staple in my wardrobe - I have one in different color in every purse I own!), mascara is probably the only makeup I would wear on a daily basis, even when I'm not in the mood to even bother dressing up at all.. That's why it's so important to have a mascara that's less damaging to your eyes, the environment (and I LOVE that this one has moss in it!), and easy to apply, and easy to sport around without feeling like you're on the red carpet flaunting fake lashes... There is time for that, of course. Aveda's mascar (I use the black one) looks natural, feels natural, and washes easily without makeup remover. I guess that would be a problem if you cry a lot; or live in a rainy place. Thankfully being in Hollywood we don't have these kinds of problem (unless you're an actress). My only concern is with the packaging: it looks and feels too much like the lipglosses, and since I carry both I had, on more than one occasion, reached for the mascara to retouch my lips; and vice versa. Note to self: Just leave the mascara at home and keep lipglosses in the bag ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Tete32

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this "mosscara". I wear contact lenses and I am very careful about the products I use around my eyes. Love this product! It defines my lashes and doesn't clump. It is made with some natural materials, which makes me like it even more. The only "mosscara" I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Rowedrunner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have been using it for a week and LOVE it. I have long lashes top and bottom lid. I've tried everything from drugstore to Clinique to Mary Kay over the years. This does not flake smudge or clump. I will buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Soh19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I work at an Aveda Experience Center so i have pretty much tried every Aveda product and Mosscara is no exception. We offer makeup touch-ups to guests (we always use disposable wands!) with this product and it is a great mascara! At first, when you use the product it can be a little messy, but with time it will dry up a little as all mascaras do and it becomes the perfect mascara for people who are looking for lashes to look more naturally defined and thicker looking. This mascara is made with moss which conditions your lashes which is why you lose less lashes and it makes your lashes feel super soft! This is no DiorShow Blackout so if you are looking for a dramatic, blackest black waterproof mascara, this is not for you. There are currently two shades the Black and Brown, which are both beautiful! I purchased one when i first started working there and was still loving the intense black mascara look so i wasn't overly excited about this mascara. However, i tried it again maybe a month later and have loved it ever since!

And P.S we do not test on animals!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by yorkiemomma

This mascara kinda runs and does not stay on lashes:/ also aveda is owned by Estee Lauder which means this is an animal tested product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by nattygrace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use Black Forest and I've noticed a great improvement in the thickness of my lashes. It can smudge so I'll put a different mascara on top of it. Overall I like it. It's expensive for a mascara IMO and I would repurchase bc I get a discount so it evens out. It's nourishing to the lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by pansycatz

Since I prefer my skincare and cosmetics to be more chemical-free, I've been using mascaras from Hauschka and Gabriele in recent years. But I happened to be getting a haircut at my Aveda salon and was on my way out of town when I realized I'd forgotten to pack mascara; so in a pinch, I bought the Mosscara at the salon. I cannot wait to return this stuff. I have never worn such crappy mascara, and my experiences over the years range from natural/expensive to cheap/tar-like. Not only did it do NOTHING to accentuate my lashes, it wore off after an hour and deposited its spent self under my eyes. I looked like I had horrible dark circles. I do not rub my eyes, don't tear or wear contacts. There was simply no reason for that mascara to not stay put. Non-performing is an understatement.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by waterfreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh, I actually have to give this a 1....? This is the worst mascara I've ever used. It does absolutely nothing for me, in fact it makes my lashes look shorter, much thinner and barely noticeable. I've even tried using this with a thick primer but it still looks awful. For $15, I expected a lot more. It's worse than any drugstore brand I've ever tried from "back in the day". Aveda's Mosscara is supposed to give volume, whereas the Mascara Plus Rose is for lengthening. I don't think I even want to waste any more money on trying the other one. The only good thing I can say is that the brush is really nice. Based on that, I have no idea why it performs so awfully. I'm just going to stick with my Lancome mascara, can't go wrong there.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2009 8:03:00 AM More reviews by mpshouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aveda Mosscara is a very natural-looking mascara. I have tried brown and black. The black seems to smudge when I work out or wear a heavy moisturizer. Brown is perfect if you want that "J Crew model look". I do believe I have fewer lashes falling out when I use this. Overall, I very good choice for a natural look for anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by ilorietta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara doesn't do much for my lashes. i cannot see any difference when i apply it...shame...