April 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - King of Skin Body Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:08:00 PM More reviews by missjessica87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love all of Lush's body butter bars. They are super moisturizing and make your skin so soft and smell great! I have very sensitive skin and this bar is great for that. It has a scent but it's not perfumey which tends to cause irritation for me. This bar contains bananas and oatmeal but I don't really smell either in the bar. I can't really describe the smell actually but I love it. The only thing bad I would say about it is that it is in a bar form which makes it a little awkward to apply in your skin but it works so well as a body moisturizer for me that I can afford to overlook it. I haven't bought this one yet but I've tried it in store and will definitely be purchasing during my next Lush shopping trip.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Elizzzabethh

Absolutely love this!! I put it on in the shower and then rinse it off. It leaves my skin feeling hydrated and non greasy! A beauty must have.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by bxoaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this about 2 weeks ago to save time from having to put on lotion after getting out of the shower in the winter. It's very moisturizing and leaves skin feeling really soft. I think this is great for winter! It does leave a little residue but it feels the same as after you smother on lotion so it's not too bothersome. I only wish that the smell would last longer on the skin though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love everything about this! Beautiful, light, cozy scent - no packaging/no need for lotion in a bottle (yes!!) - very moisturizing - quick & simple - rub along body, quick shower rinse, done! No animal testing & vegan. I adore King of Skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by underage

OBSESSED with this!!! My skin gets pretty dry in the winter & I hate the feeling of lotion. I loved Buffy from Lush but wanted something without the exfoliating parts. This is it. I rub it on after a shower when my skin is still wet and then just massage it in. It feels greasy at first but it will sink in after an hour or so. I normally do this before bed just so I don't feel like a grease ball and its fine by the morning. The smell is decent. It's not my favorite and obviously smells pretty natural but it fades after a while and won't interfere with your perfume. I think it is a little pricey at around $13 since it does melt pretty fast but it's totally worth it. If you have dry skin you need to try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this bar! The smell is like light buttery white chocolate mint. Not strong or overpowering. I use this after I step out of shower when wet. A few strokes, rub rub, towel dry off. It is very moisturizing. A little goes a long way so it will last me a few months at least. I use it 2-3 times a week, changing it up with another bar. My dry legs have never felt so good and it is not harsh on my hand eczema, it helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Christac3698

When I first received this in my order from LUSH, I was not happy and kind of placed it in the shower and didn't really mess with it. I did not like the smell at all, and when I first tried it, I was not impressed with the way it went on. Mind you, I have two young children, and my shower time is less than enjoyable, as I quickly try to get washed and out in the shortest amount of time as possible.

The other night, I had both kids and bed and decided to treat myself to a little pamper time in the bathroom. I exfoliated, washed my hair, did a short leave-in mask, and was about to get out of the shower when I took a look at the chunk of "butter" on the shelf in my shower. I decided to give it another shot.

I should have looked at the prior reviews where it said that it takes time for the butter to adjust to your body temperature as when I took my time and began to apply it, it went on very smoothly. The smell is still not my favorite, hence the 4 lippies; however, it is not too overbearing once you exit the shower. I LOVE the fact that I do not feel like a grease ball after using it either. It conditions my skin very nicely, and now that I have the hang of using it, I also use it during my morning routine because I love the fact that I do not feel as though I have lotion on my body all day.

Hopefully they may have one with a better scent someday.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by kvandeman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I have bought it several times and have even given it as gifts. My skin is dry and I am addicted to lotions/creams. I keep it in the shower and use it when I am still wet. Takes a minute but it reacts to your warm body temp and goes on easily. Feels like a good mix between a cream and a body oil. Definitely not for oily skin or people who don't like a heavier feel.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by bananascented

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was eyeing on this product for a few months now after hearing many rave reviews on Youtube. Jen from frmheadtotoe was one of them. Thus I was convinced that this was a wonderful product and I took the plunge and purchased it in the end.

Scent:
When I smelt it at the store, I didnt really like it at first. But while using it in the bathroom, the smell was wonderful. It's in fact one of my favourite scents now and I just cant rave enough of this. Lathering this up all over my body in the morning would put me in a very good mood all day :)
It smelt delicious, and to me, balsamic and a little floral. And when I checked the ingredients list from Lush, I found that it contains: Avocado, bananas, lavendar and oat milk. Mmm. However, fortunately or unfortunately, this might just be the only solid "pro" I have about this product.

No of times it can be used:
I tried to prolong the usage of this product by cutting it into about 8 cubes and then storing it in a dry and air tight container. 1 cube would last me about 2-4 uses. So I would expect the whole body butter to last me about 30 times.

How I use it:
After showering, I would rub a cube all over my legs and arms, sometimes buttocks, chest and thighs. I also realized that whenever I took an exceptionally hot shower, the body butter would melt faster on my skin. Thus, I feel it's something to be wary about when it comes to this body butter.

How it feels:
When it comes to my skin (I have normal skin due to the humid country I live in), it feels slightly greasy, and over the course of the day it stays that way. Sometimes I feel it's like a film sitting on my skin that doesnt sink in. I'm about a quarter done now, have yet to see any improvements in my skin. However, it seems to work and feel better when I have epilated and exfoliated my legs.

Overall:
I must say that the scent of this product is probably going to be the driving factor to make me purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was hoping this would be a lot better than it is.
First of all, the smell is nothing special. I expected it to be warm and inviting, but instead I got a bland mix which doesn't invoke anything special and is generally just blah.
The moisturizing properties are nice and they are the only reason I gave this a 4. My skin feels nice and soft afterwards. However, it doesn't fully absorb and a residue is left so I have to wait a while before I can get dressed. I can imagine someone with very dry skin liking this better than I do.
I apply it in the shower after washing and then rub it in very well. I am careful not to apply too much, but still enough that it coats my body evenly. Then I give myself a final rinse which doesn't remove the butter, but just makes it spread more easily.
Also, a little does NOT go a long way. I used it 3-4 times and already it is obvious it will not last a very long time.
All in all, I expected something a lot more inviting. If moisturizing is the only thing you're interested in, there are a lot of products which offer more and cost less.
Will not be repurchasing.