Stila Stila Luce Lipstick

3.8

on 4/7/2008 11:13:00 PM

Pretty bronze rose- good neutral, go to color for my PPP complexion (NW20).

on 12/7/2007 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

My favorite Stila lipstick! I have repurchased this time and time again. This rose colored lipstick is perfect for everyday and works well with my MAC NC40 skintone.

on 4/20/2007 9:34:00 PM

I received this in a swap from a very generous MUAer. :) It's a pretty color lipstick, but it's very very dry. When I apply with some chapstick, it looks great however. On my lips, it's a bit deeper than YLBB with a barely slight brick red sheen. It's interesting but if I lost it or whatever, I wouldn't rebuy it.

on 12/21/2006 6:35:00 PM

I like this color. I'm an NC30 brunette w/ brown eyes. This color is somewhat dramatic on me so I tend to wear it at night. Stila describes it as a rosy brown shimmer but it looks almost reddish on me. It might be my lip liner though. The one thing that I don't like about Stila's lipsticks are that they can be somewhat dry.

on 11/18/2006 6:05:00 AM

On me Luce is the perfect neutral. I don't find it too bronzey, too pink or too plum though it does have red and brown tones in it. This would be my perfect "groomed but not too made up" lipstick for work during autumn and winter. The texture is very matte though, and I find it drying. Not sure if it had to do with the mini lippy I was testing (I'm thinking perhaps it dried out in its little aluminium shell) but I get the impression that Stila lipsticks are a bit drying generally. When I put some balm underneath, of a bit of Paul & Joe clear gloss on top, it feels more comfortable. I may have to buy this yet, I like the colour so much! For reference, I'm GA LSF#5/LM Sunny Beige

on 8/9/2006 9:04:00 PM

This is one of the better lipsticks I've tried from Stila. It's a very wearable, slightly shimmery brick red--like a much tamer cousin to MAC's Fresh Moroccan, and a bit like "O" without the iridescence. The lasting quality is great as well. Most Stila lipsticks have disappointed me for one reason or another, but this is one that I'll repurchase.

on 2/3/2006 6:36:00 PM

This is a gorgeous bronzed plum, with brown undertones, on my lips. While I generally loathe brown-toned lipstick, this one is a winner. The colour is highly pigmented but quite sheer. The quality is excellent: long-lasting but light. I don't find it drying at all on my lips. I find most lipsticks to be greasy and find that they migrate onto anything my lips touch. This doesn't: it stays put. I rarely repurchase the same colour (so much choice, so little time) so wouldn't repurchase this particular one, however, the Stila quality will keep me returning to the counter.

on 1/23/2006 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the review before mine. Love the color but it's WAY too drying. Each time I think I'll give it one more chance, I put it on and just love the look. Then two minutes later I'm rubbing it off and applying four layers of lipbalm. Such a shame.

on 11/1/2005 1:08:00 PM

I found this to be a nice shade of lipstick. It's a bit darker than I thought it would be, but that can be fixed with a bit of gloss. Seems like it would suit a lot of skin tones, but I would only wear this in the evening. (I have a light to medium complexion) I found it quite drying, however and it's quite matte. I generally prefer sheer or shimmer formulations or if from MAC, I like their lustre formulas. continued >>

on 9/19/2005 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a gorgeous bronze red.The creamy formula isn't drying and it lasts very long. This is definitely a winner.

Popular Lipsticks