April 25, 2014 | 940 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by hypnose01

I think "Double Wear" is a quit good liquid foundation. Is very "stabilization" makeup stay on face 8 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Geerat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have combination/oily acne prone skin!
I've used double wear for over a year, but i'm finding it very very drying and aging on my skin.
This foundation is absolute bomb proof, if you have perfect skin or just oily skin and want a foundation that stays on no matter what you do, this foundation is for you!
I've been to the gym wearing it, and i look no different leaving than i did going in, and i work my ass off!
This foundation is great for oil control i could go probably 8-10 hours without having to top it up with powder etc! And man i do have oily skin!
However as i said i found it incredibly drying and aging,(even though my skin is oily) this is not for people with dry skin, it goes patchy and sticks to the dry patches)
All of the time i wore this i never used a concealer because it is FULL coverage and i do suffer from regular acne!
If you have large pores this foundation may not be the best as it does highlight them completely, this is probably my biggest fault with this product (but this is something i found with most matt foundations)

I would completely reccommend this product to people with normal skin/ oily skin that want a bomb proof, full coverage foundation! It looks amazing on pictures and i am still going to keep a bottle in for nights out when i'm smothered in tan and will only have/use it on as a one off!

Brilliant foundation, just not for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by lipglosslove

I really thought that this foundation might have been Holy Grail material after reading/watching many reviews, but i'm very disappointed.

I don't have perfect skin, but the problem areas are pretty minor and usually are virtually un noticable with a decent foundation, this foundation made my skin look worse if anything. I find it made my skin look dull and masked - despite applying a small amount- and the the shades I tried, all FOUR of them, all looked awful, chalky and un-natural.

The only this I noticed about this product that was positive is that is does seem to control oil quite well, however this is not enough of a plus for the other aspects of it's appearance and the expense.

If you want a nice foundation that does not cake, look chalky and provides a natural looking coverage I recommend MUFE HD foundation, which has lower rating on MUA but proved far superior in my experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by daniellecwz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying Chanel, Armani, Givenchy, and tons of other foundations, this one is the one I always run back to. This foundation gives great coverage and it is true to what it claims. The one thing i love about this foundation is that IT IS LONG WEARING. I go to the gym at the end of the day with this foundation on being sweaty and this foundation still looks good! Not to mention i even go into the sauna with this and it still performs well. The price for an amazing foundation like this is definitely cheap for a foundation that does so well. It isn't cheap like a drugstore foundation but personally, I feel like if you're going to be putting something on your face, it has to be good quality not cheap ingredients that may irritate your skin or be bad for it in the long run. Everything is good about this foundation however, I would like it to have a pump or maybe SPF.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahellen1980

I was a massive fan of this foundation then moved to YSL etc but thanks to a recent bout of spots, I decided to repurchase recently. I made the rookie mistake of believing the beauty counter assistant when she suggested I choose shade up from what I was using to 'warm up my skin-tone' (Ladies, we all know what this means: Orange central!) Anyway clearly I don't take my own advice, so my orange little face walked to the till and my white hands happily forked out 38 euro for a bottle (only to see the full horror the next day in the car mirror).

BUT: this is not the only problem. It is just a little bit too like make up. Its very obvious that I'm wearing make up (OK OK the colour might have something to do with it) but also it feels heavy: I have an urge to go home and wash it off. It looks heavy, sits in my smile lines and just looks a bit masky for me. I think we can do better - to the back of the bathroom cabinet with it - sob.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by hurlyburly

I have tried so many foundations! Just to name a few- Dior, Clinique, Laura Mercier, Chanel(all of them), Le Metier de Beaute(both kinds), La Prairie, Bobbi Brown and etc. They claim to do what never actually accomplish.
Flawless skin? No!
Oil free skin? No!
Cover up blemishes? No!
Long wear?No!
Even out your skin? No!
I could go on and on. All spent hundreds of dollars on these expensive, "innovative", "revolutionary" foundations - none of them delivered what they promised to do.

Estee Lauder double wear foundation was the only foundation that could make my imperfect skin look absolutely beautiful! Some people even ask me what do I do with my skin that it looks so healthy (haha, I smoke, don't drink enough water, don't exercise, hate vegetables and fruits).The answer is Estee Lauder double wear foundation.

My skin is not simply acne prone, its covered with huge zits that just don't go away (though I am not an adolescent anymore). I have huge clogged pores that never disappear even after all the intricate beauty regimes,frequent visits to my dermatologist and my beauty aesthetician. Doctors tell me that its just genetic ( my dad still has some blemishes and he is in his mid-forties, my mom has huge pores and she is in her early forties).

So long story short, I found my perfect foundation! Estee Lauder double wear is not drying, it doesn't leave my face look like a mask even if I build up my foundation to two or even three layers, no oiliness, it stays on your skin literally for 24 hours ( I have tried that once). Also I have one forehead wrinkle that runs vertically right in between my eyebrows and despite the numerous amount of layers that I cover up my skin with, the foundation beautifully downplays the appearance of this otherwise quite visible flaw.

Also I found that this foundation doesn't sit on top of my skin like other foundation tend do to, its absorbed right in. Maybe this quality makes it very hard to wash it from your face - I have to wash it twice with a soap and use numerous pads with a make up removal solution.

The only thing that disappoints me about this foundation is that it lacks a pump - so sometimes I end up using more than I actually need.

By the way it is also the only foundation that compliments my skin tone - I use 1N2 ECRU 16. Absolutely amazing! Buy it and you won't regret your purchase.
The durability is amazing - I have been using it daily, and it lasts me for about 7 months. Considering all these factors one can actually see that the price is not that high, in fact, for it does, I think its surprisingly cheap! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the new formula*
HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION! I have very oily skin and I am in shade #2W2 Rattan (MAC NC30) and it matches me perfectly. It looks so natural and beautiful! Photographs amazing and this foundation is just perfection. Looks so beautiful on the skin and flawless. I use my beauty blender and it just looks incredible. Covers all my blemishes, and acne scars! The packaging is also beautiful which is a bonus. Doesn't budge, transfer, or oxidize! I was crying one time and it was pouring rain like in The Notebook and I left my umbrella in the car. When I got inside my makeup still looked beautiful and I thought the raindrops would have ruined my foundation but it hadnt budged! AMAZING FOUNDATION! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Run and buy this don't walk! I will repurchase this foundation forever

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Paulinecheyram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly think the old formula isn't much different from the new formula. I love love loveeee this foundation. Staying power, oil control, and finish are the best! MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PART OF THIS FOUNDATION, is the color selection! Revlon colorstay is a great foundation as well and has a wide selection of colors, HOWEVER, their 'yellow' undertone foundations are more of a peachy pink not yellow (I used their natural tan and golden beige colors). EL DW is one of the few foundations that has TRUE yellow undertone colors! I use the color Rattan, and it has a true yellow undertone that looks SO beautiful on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Blondiebec

Been using this for 5 years. Best foundation I have ever tried!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by 5starchikita

Estee Lauder Double Wear stays exactly where you put it without smudging, budging or sweating off from humidity.

This is my favorite go to foundation when i need to wear something thats going to last the entire day and night. It goes on smooth and lasts all day and night just like it promises. Being fair skinned it can be hard for me to find a foundation that works well with my skin tone and this one does.It is the only foundation I have found that give me a flawless finish. I have some pigmentation and it covers them very well without concealer. This doesn't make me breakout and looks and feels great.

A little bit really goes a long way and a whole bottle will last me months and months. I dont wear it on my entire face daily as i do find that my skin starts to dry out, so its more an "occasion" foundation, however i do use it daily on my nose as thats the area of my face that looses foundation the quickest. I set my foundation with my Dr Hauschka setting powder, which helps it to last even longer and gives a great finish.

The downside is: it's expensive at $80.00 NZ a bottle and it doesn't come with a pump which would be nice. But since I love it so much, I will continue to buy it when i run out.