January 24, 2015 | 1814 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2015 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Koolkelseyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My new holy grail foundation, makes you look flawless, literally!! If you don't like full coverage, this is not for you but if you do, it has a beautiful finish on the skin and covers everything! Absolutely love it! I wish it came with a pump, but the mac pump does fit this bottle so i've been using that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Sbroughton

Tried multiple foundations and always go back to this. I have blemishes and I always get told my skin is flawless and this is why. I find I have to put it on and let it set for a minute or two or it can look cakey but I lovveeeee it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2015 4:10:00 PM More reviews by jrai12

So this is a great product if you want high coverage! My skin is ance prone, I wanted something to cover my scars. It worked very well in doing so but can look cakey. It has great lasting power. Revlon Colourstay is a great dupe and slightly less cakey looking, having used both I would opt for Colourstay as the coverage is the same. Double Wear is better applied without a primer. I use the shade 3W2 Cashew and it is too yellow for me. Probably lasts around 4 hours until and slight touch up is needed and then can last around ten. So to make it simple:
PRO's
Long lasting
Fantastic coverage, covers all scars
Application is easy with a beauty blender
Can be worn as light or heavy coverage
Willing to pay due to coverage
Great range of colours!
No need for a powder or concealer as it is high coverage and matte
Feels light on skin
No smell

CON's
If using as high coverage runs out very quick
Expensive for amount (if there was MORE would be more willing)
Can look very cakey
Only applied well with sponge
Looks harsh in sunlight
ColourStay is a great dupe (loads cheaper at £12, double wear at £30)
Texture is thick yet weirdly runny (hard to explain)

So if you don't need to use lots, its a great product, if scars are your main concern it is also brilliant.

Personal advice for those not with great skin:
Better ways for acne suffers like me to have better looking skin for example, Estee Lauder double wear concealer just to cover problem areas but Mac studio Sculpt for rest of face as it doesn't cake. Always remember if you have bad skin, your entire face is not bad, just the problems areas are, so do you really need high coverage for your entire face? I decided I didn't therefore a heavy concealer and slightly lighter foundation is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by MillicentMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My Colour - 2N1 Desert Beige
Purchased From - Myer Australia $50

This is my HG 'Highend' Foundation!
I have extremely acneous/Oily skin, with Breakouts occuring every week (bloody Hormones)
The Coverage is absolutely amazing and So buildable. I was colour matched at the Estee Lauder station at Myer and was wearing fake tan at the time, So She matched me to be 2N1 Desert Beige, which with my normal skin tone is a bit to dark so I Mix with 110 Ivory Revlon Colourstay to achieve my desired colour.
Because This foundation is so full coverage I tend not to touch up with powder if I become oily, Instead I take my Real Techniques buffing brush and Buff it into my skin which I find is more effective and avoids the cake face look. I don't even need to apply
spot or undereye concealer just because this foundation is so full coverage.
However, There are 2 cons to this particular foundation, Both for which there is a solution
1. I find at around the 6 hour mark I begin to become oily and find that the foundation changes colour, to become alot darker on my skin. If I need to get a little bit more time out of my makeup as I said above, taking a buffing brush and buffing it completely fixes the problem
2. Whilst I absolutely love the look of the packaging with a gold top and frosted glass jar, the practicality is a No-go. This product does not contain a pump, however you can purchase the Mac foundation pump that fits perfectly (Just doesn't look as nice)

FUN FACT about This Product
The colour range is wide and caters to a number of undertones. The Letter in your matched shade stands for your undertone. For Example:
3C2 - Cool Undertone
2N1 - Neutral Undertone
3W1 - Warm Undertone

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Sedatedalice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Alright, so I'm on my third bottle of this, so yes, I am a believer. This foundation has a lot of pluses! But also some mediocre points.

Pros:
-SUPER long wear
-Excellent,medium to full coverage
-Good color range (I was a fan before they added more shades, but now there is actually one that matches me)
-Doesn't break out my sensitive skin

Cons:
-It will stain everything it gets on to
-It can accentuate your pores without a primer underneath
-It dries pretty fast

So I have rosacea, and I am about as pale as a ghost to boot, so finding a foundation that looks natural, covers my redness, and is kind to my skin is difficult. I also work full time and go to school, so my foundation sometimes has to go untouched for 16-18 hours and look good. I've tried both the high end and drug store, and nothing has DW's staying power. With a touch of powder during the day, it looks nearly as good as it did when I put it on, which to me is pretty amazing. The coverage is also amazing, I can build it from a pretty light coverage on my good skin days to complete full coverage for a special event without a lot of hassle. The right tool to apply this is crucial, though - I like both the Beauty blender sponge (this foundation will stain the crud out of it though) and a good stippling brush (I just got the Real Techniques one, and I like it a lot). I've tried with those triangular sponges, traditional foundation brushes, and flat top powder brushes, and it just doesn't look quite the same. You do have to work with it quickly or it will dry on you, and then you'd better just wash your face and start all over as that's the only way you're going to get it off.

I have large pores, and this will accentuate them a bit if I don't prime underneath. Not a big deal in my world, as no one gets that close to me to see my pores if I forget in the morning.

Overall? I love it. It's been good to me, especially with the expanded color range. I will cry a lot if they ever discontinue this. The only drug store foundation that comes close to this one is the Maybelline 24 hour Foundation, but it breaks me out badly (other than that it's great!).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by xoxolindax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation about 3 years ago and I didn't like it because the color didn't match me and I was new to foundations so I didn't know the right way to apply it So after the last 2 years or so, I tried everything from Clinique, Chanel, Dior, back to Chanel & I couldn't find what I wanted in a foundation. So this year I rediscovered Estee Lauder double wear and I fell in love with it! This foundation matches my skin tone like no other & best of all, it does not change colors and turn me orange. I use this foundation with a beauty blender because it works BEST! It evens out redness & covers acne scarring because it is full coverage. However, in my opinion it's definately not buildable because it will get cakey & you will have to start over. But overall it's a great foundation I'm very happy :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Ducky8989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HATE this product. If you think Revlon Colorstay or Mac Studio Fix are mask-like this is on a whole different level. I found this to be insanely heavy and uncomfortable to wear and just not natural looking. The one pro I will say is that there is an excellent color selection, so finding the right shade should be easy.

Anyway, after trying this I went straight back to my HG which is revlon colorstay. I had only decided to try double wear because I had seen the positive reviews and was curious. Colorstay is a fraction of the cost, and has a much more natural look and feel (just don't use too much). And it also stays put incredibly well, even through swimming in the summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by cccchloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, the color, the soft focus finish and the extreme durability of it, but every time I wear it during the day, my fiancé has that look on his face like, "woah, that's some heavy makeup she's wearing...". I can tell he doesn't like it because he prefers the no makeup look and although he never says anything, it's just one of those foundations that really LOOKS like makeup. Definitely not natural looking, unfortunately.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by KaMcCre

Really liked the coverage it gave me and the colour was perfect for my skin, but it was way too cakey and heavy on my skin, cannot wear it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Tindrabell

I have never tried the previous version of this foundation. Instead I've used Lancome Teint Idole, which was also changed and is pretty useless now. I'm so glad that I tried Double Wear! I use a moisturizer and an illuminating primer and then put on DW with My fingers. It gives me a perfect skin without looking powdery, it gives a subtle glow and stays on until the evening. I don't find it difficult to remove, I wash Twice with a cream wash. I don't have a problem with the shades either- 1N2 Ecru is perfect for my fair scandinavian skin!