Bain de Terre recovery complex serum

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Wax, Hydroxyethyl Behenamidopropyl Dimonium Chloride PEI-10, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Hexylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 2/16/2014 10:21:00 AM

I have to agree with the previous reviewer, ladypamela1, on her review. Many of the reviews I read were positive, stating this is a good serum for fine hair. I bought the small bottle for $17.99, but If you shop around, you can get it for cheaper. My hopes were that it would be a good replacement for the now discontinued Charles Worthington Shine On serum for fine hair, which was liquidy and sunk right in. I only used the tiniest drop of this (maybe 1/4 the size of a grain of rice, if that. We're talking a teeny drop) rubbed through my palms, then ever so lightly worked through just my ends. The texture feels thick and sticky, almost like (but not quite as bad as) castor oil. It did not sink in or add shine, it just sort of sat on my hair. The smell is a bit citrusy but artificial, though the scent doesn't last. It's not at all like the Charles Worthington serum, and I do not recommend this for fine, thin hair. Maybe it would work on thicker, more abundant hair. Disappointed, will have to find someone to give this to.

on 11/4/2013 4:36:00 AM

I agree with the last reviewer on one point only. You will get years of use out of it. But the reason being ( at least in my case) is because you will find it does next to nothing of value for your hair and move on to something else. There are great silicone serums in both higher and lower price ranges. All this really did was coat my hair and weight it down some. Yes, I used from just a tiny bit to a moderate amount. I did not get any extra shine or brag worthy styling results. In the end it just made my fine hair feel dirty.

on 8/14/2013 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hello my one true love!! For the price you will get YEARS worth of product! A little really does go a long way. I use this on wet hair. Works great blow drying or airdrying. Has a light scent but not much of one and I do not smell anything in my hair from it. If you have smelled any Bain products you know most of them have this same kinda clean smell.

Back to the product. SHINE, SHINE and more SHINE! Hair never feels dry and always looks smooth. YAY no more frizz!

Make sure you clarify when using this product. It does have silicones and will build up but clarifying will allow the product to work right and prevent any build up.

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR EVERYONE WHO GETS REALLY SHINY HAIR WITH THIS PRODUCT:

i have the original bain de terre (not the reformulated) and bought it because when i used it at my friend's hosue my hair was super duper shiny. like SUPER. anyway...once i bought my own bottle...i couldn't get it as shiny. what styling tools do you guys use with yours to get it really shiny? im thinking it may also have been because my hair was highlighted and lowlighted at the time, so maybe that helped contribute to the the shine. anyway, i'd love to get the same results i used to with this. any input would greatly help. thanks!!!

on 3/7/2012 11:59:00 PM

This stuff is the best. I used to use it years and years ago in high school when I was constantly perming my stick straight asian hair. This was probably the one thing that saved me from frizzies. Much later in life and I wear my hair straight now, but since it's layered, I can get flyaways. I've been looking for Bain De Terre, but it's hard to find. Finally came across it at Ulta, they're going to discontinue carrying the line, so it was on clearance for $3.99 (normally $11.99). For that price, I'm going to go back and get a couple more bottles before it's gone for good.

on 2/6/2011 2:23:00 PM

Superbowl day- 4 hours until party starts- found this in a package under my sink that i had got as a gift but never tried- my hair is now silky smooth and frizz-free! :)

on 3/25/2010 10:56:00 PM

MY stylist suggested this to me over 4 years ago and I've been using it ever since!
I love it-it makes my hair soft and helps with damage.

on 12/14/2009 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love, love, love this serum! I've been using it for years! I was put off at first because it looks just like oil and it's heavy like oil. I use it when my hair is partially dry after a shower and it makes my hair so shiny and soft. I've never used a product that works so well before!
Doesn't weigh down hair and works well with heat. Makes me touch my hair all day long! It's so soft!

Doesn't have a scent. The only reason I gave the packaging a 3 is because after a while, I think there may be hair built up around the threadding, so the product leaks out of the top. I'd like a flip top much more. Otherwise, can't live without it! Tried going without once, didn't work.. had to go back!

on 9/27/2009 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a staple for me! I have been using this for going on 8 years now, I haven't found any other serum that does what this one does over the years. It's scent free, very light and makes my dry ends frizz free until my next shampoo. It doesn't weigh my hairdown at all even with double the suggested amount.

EDIT: I have found THE serum, even over this beloved staple...Moroccan Oil!!!

on 8/19/2009 10:33:00 AM

I never thought I'd find something to help tame my fly away hair that didn't make it sticky and oily, but this product does the trick. Simply fabulous! Gonna buy it by the case though you use very little and a small bottle lasts forever.