July 25, 2014 | 1018 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Sheer Lipsticks

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Aspengal

I recently ordered a Dior Lipstick from Sephora after seeing it advertised on Charlese Theron in my People Style Watch Mag. I thought the nude color looked wonderful on her, yet like most ads, I'm sure she was touched up a little with an airbrush. (I am a huge lipstick fan and I can't say enough about Lancome's Le Rouge Absolu products.) So when I got this Dior lipstick in the mail, I thought I would be pleasently surprised bc Dior is such an ultra exclusive brand... NOT. Not only did this lipstick make my normally moisturized lips very uncomfortable, the color looked aweful on my face! I looked like I just got done eating an orange pop-sicle. Plus the texture was almost gritty and I knew it would not last more than a few minutes. For $27 I would definitely recommend going to the Lancome counter and picking up a good product- like Coquette in the Le Rouge Absolu line! Just say no to Dior!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2007 9:13:00 AM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Scared because I heard these are discontinued....Dior makeup is the best for sheer and understated yet noticeable....love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by rucci80

This sheer lipstick is divine! Packaging and smell are so luxurious and the quality of the lipsticks are very good. Very creamy and shiny texture, very posh indeed.

only negatives are that it is slightly expensive for a SHEER lippie AUD $42 and possibly could get away with a cheaper lipgloss (MAC my Holy Grail!). It is long lasting for a sheer lippie, but also means reapplications are necessary. Which means u use more, and need to buy it more often!!!
I would buy again but only if I didn't use lipgloss... MAC lipglass lasts longer than this and its the same cover as the lipstick.

Mind you I love to spoil myself or my gf's once in a while and get this lippie as a treat =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2005 5:04:00 PM More reviews by thrpschr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this. I have a shade that is called Sheer Iris, if I remember right - a dark, cool-toned berry that gives my lips a dark, slightly dramatic MLBB kind of colour. The consistency is smooth, feels great on your lips, and it gives a discreet shine that I like a lot. Much less sticky than lipgloss, and I find this slightly moisturizing, as an added bonus.

I like sheer lipsticks, in general. Lipstick is a bit much for me, lipgloss is too sticky and too transparent; sheer lipsticks are perfect, and this is a great sheer lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2004 11:51:00 AM More reviews by sweetestpea80

I'm not going to lie, I bought this lipstick because of the package and how chic I look holding it. However, I am very pleased with the sheer colors it has as well. The scent is a little too strong like roses and I would rather lipsticks and balms have fruity smells, but that's my only gripe! Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2003 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Claws

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very nice,sheer lipstick. Little staying power -- the obvious downside of being a "transparent lipstick", but seems to have the side benefit of keeping my lips from drying out. I use the shade "Pansy Refect". I'll probably buy this item again, but in a different colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2003 10:19:00 PM More reviews by luba

I bought Cool It!; the 004 shade. I think it's beautiful. Not too sheer like everyone else is saying. I really like the glittery effect if gives. I can even use it without lipliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2003 9:39:00 AM More reviews by jochan2

Wonderfully sheer and creamy lipstick. Coverage is not fantastic but I would repurchase Sheer Pansy regardless for its colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2003 7:47:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

So, so pretty- this is a gorgeously textured glossy lipcolour, perfect for those lazy days. I love Sheer Pansy- a muted mauve shade which is very glossy and almost wet-look on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2002 9:00:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

These are a nice glossy lipstick. With a good array of colours to choose from. Only drawback is the scent which is sort of floraly.