April 24, 2014 | 1003 users online

Brows - New York Color - Brow & Liner Pencil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Brendamazerati

This liner is perfect for eyebrows. (Atleast taupe and dark brown) but as an eyeliner it's a bit difficult to get much color to stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by troo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've personally never tried it as an eyeliner. So, I can't give my opinion on that. But, as I brow liner, this is perfect! Some people have compared it to Wet & Wild and I tried that brand's version. It's way too waxy for me and I had to go back to NYC's pencil. But, then again, I'm using it as a brow pencil and not a eyeliner.
I currently use this pencil as a foundation on my eyebrows and then the "browser brush-on brow kit" on top (just the colored powder half of the container, not the separate wax). It's matte and lasts all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by anhitchcock

Only 98 cents and it lasts forever! Longest eyeliner pencil ever. The taupe color is absolutely fantastic for blonde eyebrows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by jenlauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The pencil is HUGE and lasts forever. The cap has a brush on it, too. I have this in taupe and it's just...great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by luverchick

i love this pencil...i have full eyebrows and just need a light fillin from time to time and all i do is fill the outside of my eyebrows lightly and with a spooly brush em through and spread the color...works great and its cheap :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Sarah0608

This is my HG!!! I have never used this as a liner, only as a brow pencil, but it is the perfect shade and consistency in my opinion. In the past I had searched for the perfect shade for my brows and I could never find one ... they were either so dark that I looked scary, or too light that you couldn't tell the difference. This pencil goes on very smooth and doesn't look fake. I have never had good eyebrows, but ever since I started filling them in with this pencil I have received numerous compliments on my brows and have even had a few co-workers ask me if I could make theirs look like mine. The only down side to this pencil is that it is VERY hard to find where I am.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by BigBlueEyes32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this brow liner alot. I've tried others that were more expensive and I always come back to this one. My eyebrows aren't that thin, but I have a few sparse spots that I use this to fill them in with and it looks so natural. I use this, then a brow powder over it and it looks totally great and lasts all day. The Sable color is the best and so cheap. If you don't like it it's not like you paid alot!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by aredore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I buy this eyeliner/ bowliner every time I go looking for brow pencil, even though I basically hate it. I hate sharpening my pencils. I hate the crappy, splintery wood you have to shave off to get at the crayon. I hate how the crayon end always snaps of in the sharpener and you have to start again. I hate how the product just balls up on your eyelids and comes off in bits.

But I give it two lippies and keep coming back. It;s war of attrition in the cosmetics aisle. NYC and Wet n' Wild know that the easy twist up versions from other brands are over priced and over-packaged. They know I will come back for $0.69 eyeliner/browliner because I sure as hell am not spending 4.99 on it.

Only this was the last straw. I'm finishing this stick and then I'm done.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

I purchased this in the shade "taupe" with the hopes of using it as an eyebrow pencil, as my previous brow liners were all in the shade taupe and looked lovely, but smudged a bit. Unfortunately for me, the shade "Taupe" by nyc was kinda ORANGE, so it didn't look quite as natural...

This liner does smudge, like the color icon brow and liner from wet n' wild. but a little less. However, the shade of this "Taupe" was just awful on me ._.

I'm going to try the dark brown liner from this line and see how it goes...if it's also orange, then i'll just look elsewhere :)
Good Luck!

EDIT: Okay, so the other shades were really waxy, so I threw this out. I just use a matte grey/black shadow to fill in my brows now

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Neutral_Kate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is, and always will be, my HG brow liner. The last 1/3 of my eyebrows are rather sparse, so I need a sturdy pencil to fill them in. A lot of brow pencils I used in the past are too creamy to replicate the look of eyebrow hairs, and can often times look too intense. I usually apply Urban Decay primer potion or ELF's eyeshadow primer before putting it, and it lasts all day.