New York Color Brow & Liner Pencil

Price: $

on 4/22/2015 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Awesome sauce!! I am reviewing the twin pack of short black pencils. These are similar to the wnw twin brow/eye pencil ones (the 7" wooden pencils by wnw/NYC are basically similar but I find the shorter pencils to be better quality...for the same price!). You will need a cigarette lighter & a standard pencil sharpener in order to use these effectively. The whole reason I even tried the short pencils (I've always preferred wnw to NYC!) was becoz I saw a cashier in the recent past @ a store & I asked her what eyeliner she was wearing coz it looked awesome. She replied with "that 'crappy' NYC." So ok I've tried NYC who hasn't but it's been awhile & the short pencils were beckoning me as I was @ target & had remembered that cashier. They have improved this stuff since I've used it. I got black & w the lighter it IS indeed very black! I've also paid $20 for liners that weren't much better than this. I don't normally buy NYC (I prefer wnw), but this eyeliner is seriously awesome. I will repurchase. This is gr8 4 throwing in ur bag/travel coz of the shortness. I've not used it on brows. I can only hope my eyeliner looks as good as the aforementioned cashier. I'm seriously frustrated w the price of makeup...nice 2 kno that u can still buy these for a buck & have it be as dark & long wearing as those $20 liners. I'm frankly disgusted w the excess $$$ I spend on HE makeup. I am going to be buying more DS items. So grateful for brands like wnw/NYC/elf/LA Colors/NYX I'm quite enamored w these eyeliners!! Inky black, water resistant properties, availability, convenience, & good price point! My eyes (allergies) water constantly alternating w being like the Sahara so it takes a ballsy eyeliner to hold up to that & this has exceeded my standards & expectations. 99ยข!!!! Best item I've bought recently which brought me so much satisfaction & happiness & has restored my interest/faith in DS mkup. It's eyeliner they all eventually run & they all put their pants on one leg at a time (lol) [& must be removed at the end of a long day]...

on 3/21/2015 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I didn't think I would like this pencil, but surprise-I did! The pencil applied smoothly and wasn't harsh or too red. It is the perfect brown for my eyebrows. It stays sharpened for a bit and lasts as well. The best part was the price! Super cheap for under $2.

on 12/28/2014 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I've never used a brow pencil in my entire life and that's a long time cause I'm old! I've never done anything but pluck my brows but as they are getting sparser and thinner with age and I see gorgeous dramatic brows all over the place I thought I could use some enhancement. So I turned to MUA and YT for help. I have brown-black hair and brows, brown eyes so I got a couple W&W pencils in charcoal and dark brown. yikes! Looked terrible! Read some more here about the raves for taupe pencil but W&W was out in my drugstore. So I grabbed a similar one from NYC. Score! I thought I was going to have to buy all kinds of tools to enhance my brows like stencils and waxes and powders but no. A few swipes with this taupe pencil and it very naturally defines and fills my brows and any idiot can do it with this pencil! I find it fairly creamy and applies very easily, blends easily but seems to last. First time I tried it, it looked great and I had never done a brow. And it is the right color for even my dark coloring - not too red or brown or black just natural. Who knew? Thank you MUA. And it was only $1.19. Brilliant.

on 11/17/2014 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for less than 2 dollars for two short pencils. It works for me, relatively creamy, good staying power, blended well with my fingertip as needed.
I'll stick with cheap brow cosmetics, I rarely use them and am not picky, as long as they apply easily and this one did.

Only con isn't really the product's fault. I have the color 902 Dark Brown, and even though my brows are naturally very dark brown/black, I find this color a tad too dark for me.

ONLY USED FOR BROWS, NOT LINER

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I found this product when I accidentally over-plucked my eyebrows and I needed a cheap pencil to fill in sparse spots. I got the taupe colored pencil (shade 927A) and I have been using it every day since! They're $0.99 and I have three unopened and four that have been sharpened to nubs that I take with me when I travel. The texture of these pencils is waxy, which is great for eyebrows (not too great for eyeliner, though) and they have enough pigment to be effective but not so much that you end up looking like Groucho Marx or Anthony Davis. This is a great quick-fix product for every day brow grooming when you are in a hurry to get ready. I have a lot of other brow kits but the taupe NYC pencil is the fastest, easiest way to define your arches quickly! I have fair skin and blonde hair and dirty blonde colored eyebrows and this pencil is a perfect match and it is SO INEXPENSIVE! Most pencils for "blondes" are way too dark for me to use during the day because I have such fair skin and it looks too drastic. I can't get enough of these pencils, I buy one every time I am at the NYC display because I don't ever want to run out and I would cry if they ever discontinued this pencil! Save your pennies and go buy yourself some of these pencils! You won't be disappointed!

on 6/22/2014 10:50:00 AM

Bang for your buck! I haven't used it as an eyeliner but as a brow filler, it is great. Nice waxyness and longevity. It will last me forever and the price couldn't be better. I got this in the color taupe and it is perfect for my brows. Nothing to complain about.

on 6/1/2014 11:25:00 PM

LOVE it. I've paid $30 for a brow pencil before and actually still have that one, but ended up happiest with one by Rimmell that cost $4, but this weekend I picked up this one for $.99 and OMG I love it. It sticks to the brow hairs sooo much better than any other I've tried. LOVE it!!

This liner is perfect for eyebrows. (Atleast taupe and dark brown) but as an eyeliner it's a bit difficult to get much color to stick.

on 10/16/2013 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've personally never tried it as an eyeliner. So, I can't give my opinion on that. But, as I brow liner, this is perfect! Some people have compared it to Wet & Wild and I tried that brand's version. It's way too waxy for me and I had to go back to NYC's pencil. But, then again, I'm using it as a brow pencil and not a eyeliner.
I currently use this pencil as a foundation on my eyebrows and then the "browser brush-on brow kit" on top (just the colored powder half of the container, not the separate wax). It's matte and lasts all day!

on 7/21/2013 12:32:00 AM

Only 98 cents and it lasts forever! Longest eyeliner pencil ever. The taupe color is absolutely fantastic for blonde eyebrows.

Popular Brows Products