November 23, 2014 | 1198 users online

Brows - New York Color - Brow & Liner Pencil

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this for less than 2 dollars for two short pencils. It works for me, relatively creamy, good staying power, blended well with my fingertip as needed.
I'll stick with cheap brow cosmetics, I rarely use them and am not picky, as long as they apply easily and this one did.

Only con isn't really the product's fault. I have the color 902 Dark Brown, and even though my brows are naturally very dark brown/black, I find this color a tad too dark for me.

ONLY USED FOR BROWS, NOT LINER

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this product when I accidentally over-plucked my eyebrows and I needed a cheap pencil to fill in sparse spots. I got the taupe colored pencil (shade 927A) and I have been using it every day since! They're $0.99 and I have three unopened and four that have been sharpened to nubs that I take with me when I travel. The texture of these pencils is waxy, which is great for eyebrows (not too great for eyeliner, though) and they have enough pigment to be effective but not so much that you end up looking like Groucho Marx or Anthony Davis. This is a great quick-fix product for every day brow grooming when you are in a hurry to get ready. I have a lot of other brow kits but the taupe NYC pencil is the fastest, easiest way to define your arches quickly! I have fair skin and blonde hair and dirty blonde colored eyebrows and this pencil is a perfect match and it is SO INEXPENSIVE! Most pencils for "blondes" are way too dark for me to use during the day because I have such fair skin and it looks too drastic. I can't get enough of these pencils, I buy one every time I am at the NYC display because I don't ever want to run out and I would cry if they ever discontinued this pencil! Save your pennies and go buy yourself some of these pencils! You won't be disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by shelby1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bang for your buck! I haven't used it as an eyeliner but as a brow filler, it is great. Nice waxyness and longevity. It will last me forever and the price couldn't be better. I got this in the color taupe and it is perfect for my brows. Nothing to complain about.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by kaethie

LOVE it. I've paid $30 for a brow pencil before and actually still have that one, but ended up happiest with one by Rimmell that cost $4, but this weekend I picked up this one for $.99 and OMG I love it. It sticks to the brow hairs sooo much better than any other I've tried. LOVE it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Brendamazerati

This liner is perfect for eyebrows. (Atleast taupe and dark brown) but as an eyeliner it's a bit difficult to get much color to stick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I've personally never tried it as an eyeliner. So, I can't give my opinion on that. But, as I brow liner, this is perfect! Some people have compared it to Wet & Wild and I tried that brand's version. It's way too waxy for me and I had to go back to NYC's pencil. But, then again, I'm using it as a brow pencil and not a eyeliner.
I currently use this pencil as a foundation on my eyebrows and then the "browser brush-on brow kit" on top (just the colored powder half of the container, not the separate wax). It's matte and lasts all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by anhitchcock

Only 98 cents and it lasts forever! Longest eyeliner pencil ever. The taupe color is absolutely fantastic for blonde eyebrows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by jenlauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The pencil is HUGE and lasts forever. The cap has a brush on it, too. I have this in taupe and it's just...great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by luverchick

i love this pencil...i have full eyebrows and just need a light fillin from time to time and all i do is fill the outside of my eyebrows lightly and with a spooly brush em through and spread the color...works great and its cheap :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Sarah0608

This is my HG!!! I have never used this as a liner, only as a brow pencil, but it is the perfect shade and consistency in my opinion. In the past I had searched for the perfect shade for my brows and I could never find one ... they were either so dark that I looked scary, or too light that you couldn't tell the difference. This pencil goes on very smooth and doesn't look fake. I have never had good eyebrows, but ever since I started filling them in with this pencil I have received numerous compliments on my brows and have even had a few co-workers ask me if I could make theirs look like mine. The only down side to this pencil is that it is VERY hard to find where I am.