July 29, 2014 | 1921 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5-Colour Eyeshadow 080 in Basic Chic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore CD eyeshadows as they are very blendable, fine textured and silky. I don't even have to swipe the brush over the shadows to pick up the color. All I have to do is a little dab/tap over the top. I paid full price for this compact just by viewing on the counter sample stand and for $50 (never having spent anything like that except for perfume, I nearly died). What can I say? It's beautiful. I have a medium complexion with a pink undertone (it sounds like an oxymoron) with dark brown eyes. I can wear all the shades and mix them around. I was so frightened that CD would discontinue this that yes, I went back a week later and dropped another $50 on the counter. It will take me the rest of my life to even hit the pan on the first one but I have a sense of peace now that I have a back-up. Give it a try at the counter and see if it works for you? You might be pleasantly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 1:57:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This palette has 5 shadows - a warm tan/camel, very dark chocolate brown, grey with slight mauve undertones, taupe, and off white. They are all very pigmented and beautiful to work with. I love all the colours except the tan/camel colour cause its a little too warm for my liking. You can use the lighter shades for a natural look during the day and also do a smouldering smokey eye by including the dark brown at night. LOVE.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2007 12:05:00 PM More reviews by BelindaGA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I adore the texture and wearability of these eyeshadows, I always seem to just use one of the colors. The center shade in this five color palette is a beautiful deep neutral taupe shade, and I love it. However, the other four colors, while certainly not offensive, just don't work for me at all. The quality of Dior eyeshadows, however, as far as richness of color, blendability, and silky smooth application, cannot be beat.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2006 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Lola_Bear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Blah, this bores me. Sorry to spoil the party on this one but I don't find it to be very special. The only color I find myself using is the dark brown color as a liner, and even that is just so-so.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by LaraJanine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this off Ebay on the basis of recommendations here and I am very glad I did. I wear colors from this at least once a week. If I had only one eye shadow, this would be it. I see a lilac-taupe in the center, a dark brown, a light brown, an off white and a golden colors. By choosing different shades, i get different looks. Off white on brown bone, golden brown on lid and dark brown on crease gives me a beautiful neutral. Other combinations are more lilac-colored, which also works for me. Dior is the best eye shadow I have ever used. It is more heavily pigmented and lasts longer than Lancome, Clinique et al. I would definately buy this again. I would even pay full price- it's that good. For the record, I'm a PPP with light brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2006 7:59:00 AM More reviews by 8hourcream

Well I have a cupboard full of shimmers, metallics, greens, oranges etc. but what I really dont have is basic, matte shades. Since this highly rated palette was given such rave reviews I went to look for it on Ebay (its not availble in stores in the UK). I found it for a bargain price of about 18 sterling, which is fine.

The palette in very neutral but its great when you just want something natural and sexy. The base colours work with everything, every colour is useable. And yes it does blend very well!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by sherina614

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Purchased this on eBay about a year ago and I wear one or more colors almost every day! Dior e/s's blend beautifully and the colors in this set truly are the perfect every day colors.

For months I never touched the center gray shade because gray e/s just doesn't work for me (FFF/blue-green eyes/neutral skin tone) ... BUT just tonight I discovered that if I used the gray in my crease and then ever so lightly brushed the deepest brown over that -- Viola! I created the PERFECT taupe!!! I am giddy with delight and can't wait to wear this combo to work tomorrow. Imagine that, I can't wait to go to work -- Ha ha!

Love the Dior compact too ... slim, beautiful, and a mirror inside ... Everything a girl could want! I usually toss the applicators that come with most e/s because brushes just work better for me, but Dior's applicators are actually excellent quality and when I want a little more pigment, I'll reach for them too! Tre Magnifique Dior!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2005 9:12:00 PM More reviews by fatchance

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hard to improve on what BeautyQueen wrote about these shadows. Just got Basic Chic off ebay and all I would add is that this compact is has very natural colors for day/work. "Natural" always meant boring to me but these are anything but. I'll probably use all five shades because Lord, are they ever blendable. Lovely compact with a good mirror and a tasteful snap. Next to Demerol, I think eyeshadow is the most powerful substance on earth, and this stuff is mood-altering.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2004 6:24:00 PM More reviews by cahoulie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First class product! This is the first shimmer shadow I can wear. Colors are beautiful and wear all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2004 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Hitchy01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, first, a tip: BUY THIS ON EBAY. Seriously, do not pay $50 in a store when you can get it for $20 online. That being said, on to my review. This is the perfect kit of shadows for me...I particularly love the white/beige for a base color and the middle taupe/brown/gray color for in my crease. It's exactly what the name says: basic, and chic.