September 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

Pressed Powders - L'Oreal - Ideal Balance Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by mtycer

I really like this powder. It looks nice on. I like the color (Medium). Decent lasting power. Good texture, very smooth. I hate the sponge though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 7:13:00 AM More reviews by ChenchillaxChop

Is this really a pressed powder?
    I thought this was a translucent powder, and I was using it after my foundation, just a light dusting for oil control. Apparently my "light dustings" weren't light enough.
    This leaves a very obvious, cakey white cast on my face.
    If you just use one, i mean one, tiny little tab on the brush, it looks very polished and nice, it's just so hard not to pick up too much product.
    It's not awful. but beware, use an extremely light hand, as this powder gets cakey and white reaaaally easily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've repurchased this product religiously for a little more than three years now, and in that duration of time, have gone through close to fifteen compacts of the powder. As you can well guess, this has been my HG complexion-perfector, working like a charm on my normal-combination skin. It has made me glow in all the right places while providing reasonable if not fantastic oil-control in areas where I'm prone to shine. Everything was sunshine and roses til July of 2007 when my skin suddenly became violently acne-prone (I'm not talking minor zits here but humongously virulent cysts). All of a sudden, I realized just how poor the coverage of this powder was. It did nothing to conceal my suddenly enlarged pores, congested T-zone, pigmentation marks and redness from the pimples. I have never used foundation in my entire life as my skin prior to July 2007 was virtually perfect. A dusting of L'Oreal Ideal Balance served to enhance the flawlessness which I now shamefully realize I took for granted. In conclusion, this would be a perfect product for ladies with very good skin to begin with, minor pore and oil concerns, and perfect even skintone. I'm an NW 35 and have been using the Deep shade, finding it a perfect match for my East Indian skintone. The sponge contained in the compact is of horrible quality, has often torn within several weeks of use and doesn't help distribute the product evenly. I recommend use of a separate brush for application purposes. I'm going to have to look elsewhere in the meantime for a suitable product, probably a foundation powder with medium-to-heavy coverage as I'm still left with several dark spots and uneven skintone courtesy of my accursed bout with acne.Give Ideal Balance a try if you only need very minimal coverage. It is one of the better drugstore buys out there, and in Australia, retails for AUD 25. Unfortunately, the colour choices are quite limited and inferior to other good drugstore brands like Maybelline and CoverGirl, and are available in only three variants: Translucent, Medium, and Deep. That said, this product isn't really all that expensive and certainly won't burn a hole in your wallet. So if all you with the perfect skin need only a dusting of powder to mattify that shine and set those cheekbones agleam, then go give this one a go, you lucky thing you! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2007 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

This compact foundation goes on a chalky finish. It doesn´t look natural on skin, but so ashy and artificial. The color transforms into a orange mask and accentuate pores. Not the best oil control power (no the worst too). Not good coverage neither.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by missykay1273

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this Powder. I have large pores and this powder just glides on so well and covers over the pores and does not go into your pores. You get a smooth silky finish. I love the applicator it is so soft on your face and does a really good job at covering without be cakey or to much.
    It is also talk free it has mineral instead. This powder is one of the best one's on the market if you have large pores and you want a smooth finish.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2006 10:43:00 AM More reviews by auras

I rarely purchase 2 makeup products consecutively, but this time I have a feeling I will depart from this habit. What I love the most about this compact is the texture, so very fine, and the soft applicator. I have it in translucent and it's just perfect. The coverage is very light, but I don't mind, I have other products for that. As a blotting powder it does a splendid job. Too bad it doesn't control oilies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 10:46:00 AM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this powder in shade #356 Translucent. This powder is the best I've ever used. Like the reviewer below I have an oily T-zone, with dry skin outside the T-zone. Since this powder is made for combination skin it works great for me. This powder gives my skin a flawless and silky look. This keeps me shine free for hours. Also, this powder NEVER turns orange on me (unlike L'Oreal's Feel Naturalle powder), always flawless ivory! The compact is very sturdy and has a nice sized mirror. I use it with any kind of foundation and it seems to work fine. For $10 this cannot be beat! BTW L'Oreal also makes Lancome so if you like Lancome powders you might want to try this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by SEAWEED

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not really a powder fan but do have occassional breakouts due to an oily forehead - bought this powder to set my concealer during said times. For the price I would say this is a winner - it's not obvious that you are wearing powder at all, it blends very well, and definitely reduces shine. There's something pleasing about the compact too with a generous sized mirror. A good buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2005 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Sexy21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect powder for me!! I have extremly dry skin but I am also somewhat oily... I still wouldnt consider myself combination because my skin is just sooo dry, yet my face always seems to get oily any time of the year... I always love the way powder finishes comfortably on my skin, but most powders crease on my forehead like crazy giving me ALOT of lines, and guess what I am only 17!!... Well I gave up on powders for a while until my friend showed me this powder she bought.. She has a very deep African American complexion, while I am a fair-neutral skinnned depending on the year.. I tried some of her powder which obviously came out way too dark on me, but gave me a chance to get a feel of its texture... It was soft and silky, did not crease at all and gave my skin a beautifal matte finish. Even when I blended it well with her powder brush you could barley tell that the shade was three shades too dark for me... I am surprised that L'oreal doesnt promote this for its natural looks.. Anyway, I finally went to the drug store and bought it in Light.. When I put it on it seemed to disappear into the skin, yet actually helped cover-up alot of redness on myskin... The powder will stay on all day unless I do something like play in gym, but thats not a problem because I can put it in my backpack, its so small...One more thing that I love about this: After all the abuse from heavy text-books in my back-pack and my crazy One and a half hour push-and shove, New York commute that I somehow endure daily, this powder has not yet breaked up, cracked, flaked or opend up in my bag... I am very surprised by this because every single powder I have ever used always breaks up. I have gotten used to this and made a good habit of opening compacts carefully and at least putting a rubber band around them just incase... Its funny because Maybelline's Powders always claimed to not break up but always did... This did not even make that claim and Endured my crazy life! To conclude I would by this makeup again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2005 9:30:00 PM More reviews by nude_tempo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. I have gone through 12 of these compacts! Not joking! I love it mainly for the caramel color that perfectly matches my skin along with the cute compact and natural appearance it give my skin when I apply it.