April 24, 2014 | 1055 users online

Pressed Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites Voyage

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by milomatisse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up at Heathrow Duty Free so the price was not too ridiculous. I agree with all the comments in respect of the sheer beauty of the compact! For my travel routine, I find that setting my foundation first along the T-Zone with pressed translucent powder, then brushing on Meteorites compact provides the perfect finish. My skin looks radiant and not "shimmery." There is absolutely no highlighting of imperfections either- it really is so finely milled that the effect achieved is smooth and natural- only better. I do tend to re-touch once during the day and definintely if i am going out in the evening. Added benefit- the fragrance is as beautiful as the Meteorite balls.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by jessimon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought the refill for this, as the compact was too expensive, even on strawberrynet. I ended up putting it in a Shiseido translucent powder compact, which is a perfect fit! It's held in using double-sided sticky tape.

I've tried using this over Shiseido Sheer & Perfect foundation but it seems to make my face look a bit chalky. The real beauty of this compact, for me, is when I dust it over a bare face. Without any foundation/tinted moisturiser/BB cream, my face can look a bit sallow, unevenly toned and tired (probably not enough sleep!) but once I dust this on bare skin, it really brightens my face and my face looks fresh and my skin tone looks so much better. I applied it to my face at work this morning (the bathroom has great lighting) and could really see the difference. I think for me, this is a real winner for the days I'm either too busy or really just can't be bothered using anything to even out my skin tone but still want to look refreshed.

I apply it using a Korres retractable travelling brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think of this as a beautiful piece of jewelry filled with goodness. Well I guess that's how I justify the price tag. I almost like this better than the balls, it picks up better and is portable. Sure I carry around plain old Mac blot powder if I'm on a rugged adventure, but this really takes the cake. It's magical, you just have to see for yourself. Illuminates and mattifies (gently) all at once. Wonderful in your evening bag ;) I bought 2 meteorites pink brushes, one for the balls at home and one for this. I know the brushes aren't that popular but to me they r beautiful and I like things that match. I like the way the bushes pick up the product and mine are soft. Seems like some got hard ones. I will always use this and buy the refill. Mythic is perfect for my guerlain rose clair 12/nw20/022 diorskin/p40 cover fx. Good, worthwhile splurge! Treat yourself! Thought about buying the new mattifying/illuminating powder by the big G but thought I'd go for the real thing. Ladies, this does not come w a puff. You have to swirl a brush to pick up/blend the colors together. You get what you pay for. Ill gladly shell out $50 for a refill!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product. I have never used up a pressed powder in my life because i simply got tired of them as they did nothing for my skin and makeup. BUT this is totally gorgeous! I have actually repurchased this because I am totally in love with this. I think this has to be the one product i cannot live without. Totally HG!!! I apply this with a big fluffy brush over my tinted moisturizer or foundation, and it simply enhances my skin making it look radiant, glowy, brightened, and healthy. As someone mentioned 'airbrushed' but in a very natural kind of way. On 'very good skin days' i can only wear this and it will even out my skintone and provides instant 'pick me up' for my skin. Yes, initial purchase was SUPER expensive because of the case (needless to say it is GORGEOUS), but the second purchase and ongoing is cheaper because I only buy the refills. I wish I could give this 100 lippies. Guerlain please please please do NOT discontinue this pressed powder in 'Mythic 01' ever!!!

For reference, I am NC20 in MAC, 020 in Diorskin Nude liquid foundation, 010 or 020 in Chanel. I have normal/combination skin and very prone to breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Broke me out everytime I used it, not cysts but irritated red skin . Didn't illuminate my face like the raves on the board, doesn't control oil, emphasized dry spots.
I think I'll try the teint rose meteorites original instead , I returned this and bought a bronzer instead

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased the refill as opposed to the $170 compact. I keep it in my bag for touch ups through out the day. This is a great product - it gives you a soft radiance and doesn't highlight fine lines. I wish Guerlain would come out with a less expansive compact to put this in.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

Like many others, I bought the refill for the pressed compact for 31 (price has gone up from 28). I think the compact is beautiful and well made but I was not up for paying an extra 50 just for that. Also it's not that practical as you can't fit a sponge in and it's too heavy for night out clutch. I carry it around in it's cardboard box and when that get's worn I plan to buy the 10 Stila refillable compact that someone suggested here.

However compact aside, I thought the product was nice. I got it with the aim of finding a setting powder that would give my skin a more natural lift, sort of between the usual matte setting powders and the super sheeny mineralize types which I don't dig and I read reviews here that this gives you a subtle glow. I found I liked the finish and especially the idea of it having redness correcting colours. I know it's expensive but I paid 18.50 for a setting powder that is a bit masky and doesn't give me brightness or colour correction so I didn't mind paying a bit more for a bit more give from the product. I haven't used the ball version so can't compare the two but I would disagree with people saying that this product is matte. It's possibly more matte than the ball, but in the store I had each version put on half my face and could not see a difference. There is still a micro glimmer finish from pink and bronze shade in this kaleidoscope. If you buy this, you must bear in mind this is like a translucent powder so don't expect coverage, just expect a polish. I also found that as a NC30, it makes me look a little paler if I go too heavy handed, so this suits fair skin best and if you're tan, just be light with it. The product is easily picked up with a brush. I use a kabuki/bronzer type as that's what I have but I'd advise a dispersed brush, not too dense, perhaps a skunk brush.
As others already said it contains green and lavender correcting colours and white for brightening which I think it fairly unique, you couldn't get a dupe super easily, there's one listed on MUA but it's not available in UK. It's listed on MUA as a highlighter but I think it's a bit translucent for that so I've used it as an all over finishing powder.

If you know what to expect from the product, I think it's worth a go, but there are probably cheaper alternatives (although I haven't found any in UK) so I knocked a lippy off for overhyped pricing. Key thing is, when I do a half face with and half without, I can definitely see the difference in terms of it giving me a more even complexion and a subtle glow. This is what the powder claims to do and I feel it does a good job.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

Oh the packaging, the heftyness of the compact is just wonderful. It almost feel like a big piece of jewelry. I have to say first that I was not that impressed with the meteorites (the little balls) I was not using it like a highlighter but more like a loose powder (at the end, all over the face) but I knew I wanted the Meteorites Voyage. I had my chance at a warehouse sales and purchase the Meteorite Voyage form the Holiday 2009 collection.
It was the first thing i tried when I went back home and OMG this is one of the best highlighter I own. It is worth every penny! So fine, just enough shimmer, and it look natural, like someone just follow you with the best lighting wherever you go.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

got this and didn't use it for a long time. I am bad about buying something and not wearing/using it for a little well. When I did use this WOW loved it...and so did by skin...equalized the color. loved the smell of guerlain and wound reach for this over any other powder I know of.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Absalom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can not add to already said comments on this product so I'll keep to the point.
I love the radiance this powder gives my complexion.
On special nights, I'll layer a couple of swipes to the high points of my face collarbones and decolletage.
O, I love the subtle scent of this and all of it's sister powders in ballz form.