December 22, 2014 | 1257 users online

Other - Tom's of Maine - tartar control & whitening toothpaste

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I love this toothpaste because it does not overwhelm my mouth with a synthetic mint flavor that makes me gag. It is fluoride-free, which I am beginning to think is the way to go, and leaves my mouth feeling clean. I do not think this product actually whitens teeth, so I am removing one lippie, but I much prefer this toothpaste over others and will continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Tom's but the formulas and flavors do vary. This one is great in the Spearmint flavor - if you can get it. I much prefer spearmint to peppermint. Not overly abrasive but it is a bit abrasive so ask your dentist if you have "soft" eroded enamel.

Very nice product and a fair price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I picked this up because tartar control and whitening are the two major things I look for in a toothpaste. My teeth just aren't naturally white, and no matter how much I brush and floss, I get quite a bit of plaque built up in my teeth. I had high hopes for this, and while it wasn't awful, I didn't love it. The consistency was fine -- it foamed up well and left my mouth feeling clean. I felt that the minty taste was a little lackluster and it left a strange aftertaste in my mouth (I have that problem with every "natural" toothpaste I've tried). My main gripe is that this didn't really do anything for my teeth. After using a whole tube, I noticed no whitening benefits and I had the same amount of plaque buildup that I would have had using any other toothpaste. This wasn't the worst toothpaste I've ever used, but I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by caramelkiss19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My review is for the antiplaque and whitening flouride-free version. I have purchased at least half a dozen times, always prefer to have a coupon of course :) I enjoy the taste and texture and it seems to clean very well without stripping my gums like some other toothpastes do. I originally switched to this paste in search for a sulfate free paste that wouldn't contribute to any additional breakouts around my mouth area. I have found it on vitacost for a fair price , but it is carried by my local walmart as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 5:22:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This leaves my mouth smelling fresh and it's natural, but like other toothpastes, it doesn't seem to actually whiten.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Stinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

What to say about this stuff that hasn't already been said on here?? It's sooooo good! At first I had the one with fluoride, than I did some research and found that might be the reason my teeth had spots on them. Since using this one without the fluoride, NO SPOTS WHITERTEETH I LOVE IT :D

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by aer0057

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally purchased this toothpaste because it DOES NOT contain Flouride. I had previously read some things about Flouride and decided to try a toothpaste not containing this ingredient. I was getting strange bumps on the inner corners of my mouth and after I stopped using flouride toothpaste it went away. It may just be a coincidence but I'll keep using this toothpaste as long they sell it. It tastes pretty good considering it has less chemicals than most toothpaste.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by schultzal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this toothpaste for two years, now. I can't think of anything to say about it except that it is fantastic. I love knowing that I'm using an effective, cleansing toothpaste, without essentially eating nasty chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by myshel

I started using this toothpaste when the more commercial brands became cloying with their taste. I was also getting a ton of canker sores and just needed something different.

This toothpaste does take a while to get used to because the more sugary taste of the more commercial brands is missing. It does a great job of getting my teeth clean, and my teeth are noticeably whiter because of the product.

If you want something a little more natural, this paste might just be for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by tojoyamoto

Great toothpaste! I think this toothpaste is excellent. It leaves my teeth feeling extremely clean. It tastes great, IMO. It foams up very well (I have a sonicare toothbrush). It's extremely cheap. It does remove stains, as promised. It is free of artificial ingredients. The company is cruelty free.
Gripe: I hate the shape of the bottle. The toothpaste is squeezed out the top of the lid-- a terrible design!
The paste is too thin, so when I turn the bottle upside-down to apply to my toothbrush, too much paste pours out. This leads to the product gooping up all over the top of the bottle so I have to peel off the drying toothpaste to get any more out. Also, if the top isn't cleaned often, I can't shut the bottle lid-- and, if the bottle is knocked over with the lid in this condition, product oozes out. Daargh.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No